HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XI

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2011, 11:14 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
I agree you have prospects that will fill holes but by then some of your top end talent will be getting old or move on because of UFA status. Wait all you want but there comes a time that the window of winning passes by better make sure you don't wait to long sometimes a chance is all you need. As for going after cups for years to come look at Pitt they have 2 of the top 5 players in the NHL did they win multiple cups make the finals for 5 years straight, even they had to add to get to the finals
I know but we have added and do add players every year. Just not the right ones as of yet. This year alone we added Mitchell, Poniboy Sturm from other teams and added numerous players from our own system too (Loktionov Lewis, Martinez, Clifford, Westgarth and Bernier).

The thing that stands out to me is that the players from our own system are all players that I want to keep and with the exception of Mitchell I am hoping we don't re sign any of the rest.

I think that we are close is all and while we will need to address holes next season I would rather wait until the offseason before we consider making any deals that are going to be big in nature or at least wait until we see who is ready from our own system to make the step next year.

Old
02-18-2011, 02:07 AM
johnjm22

Hemsky with 2 goals tonight. 8 points in his last 7 games.

Old
02-18-2011, 02:11 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
He's been pretty good in each of his last 3 or 4 games. It took him a little bit to knock the rust off IMO.

02-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
But he has too much talent, therefore the Kings don't need him.

Hemsky playing opposite of Kopitar makes too much sense. I'd like to see it happen before any other Western Conference team has an opportunity to acquire Hemsky and make the Kings and Lombardi regret not acquiring a top flight talent when he was available (something we're used to seeing).

Old
02-18-2011, 02:46 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
He's been pretty good in each of his last 3 or 4 games. It took him a little bit to knock the rust off IMO.
Yeah whatever, get back to me when he's a perennial 24 goal scorer.
I refuse to use the sarcasm smiley

Old
02-18-2011, 02:51 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

NHLbyMatty Jim Matheson
Would Simmonds,Teubert be enough for Hemsky? Maybe, but Simmonds is abrasive 3rd liner right now, jury out on Teubert's smarts, scouts say

Old
02-18-2011, 02:54 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
8.35 total over the course of a year

Penner is 4.25
Hemsky is 4.1

-both UFA after next year
People are saying they are long term solutions? Meanwhile we give up top prospects and picks for those two?

Old
02-18-2011, 02:58 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Cool, let me know when he puts up those kinds of numbers over an 82 game season.

People bring up the Justin Williams comparison, but at least Williams has a few 82 game seasons under his belt and his cap hit is less than Hemsky's.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:11 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
NHLbyMatty Jim Matheson
Would Simmonds,Teubert be enough for Hemsky? Maybe, but Simmonds is abrasive 3rd liner right now, jury out on Teubert's smarts, scouts say
As an Oilers fan I wouldn't be happy with that return, I'd prefer LA's 1st or Voynov over Teubert. The Oilers scouts should be quite familiar with Teubert seeing as he was Jordan Eberle's teammate in Saskatoon.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:12 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
People are saying they are long term solutions? Meanwhile we give up top prospects and picks for those two?
Why wouldn't either want to re-sign with the Kings? It's not like LA or the Kings organization isn't a place that players want to play.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:28 AM
KingLB

Quote:
As an Oilers fan I wouldn't be happy with that return, I'd prefer LA's 1st or Voynov over Teubert. The Oilers scouts should be quite familiar with Teubert seeing as he was Jordan Eberle's teammate in Saskatoon.
Hemsky is interesting...I think he would be rated as the "best on the market" right now, but if Richards comes available if he might set the market for Hemsky.

And by asking for Simmonds then adding Voynov its getting close to Kovi's rate from last year and I'm not sure Hemsky is worth that.

I also think if the Kings keep winning it might be hard to bargain for more...

Those are just some random thoughts on the situation, sorry if it isn't very coherent.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:29 AM
redcard

Quote:
Why wouldn't either want to re-sign with the Kings? It's not like LA or the Kings organization isn't a place that players want to play.
Recent UFA history begs to differ.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:31 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Couple things...one the cap hit is too much for those two. Secondly, Dean isn't going to trade Simmonds and Teubert for a couple rentals. If any Kings player and prospects are going to another team, its for a player that has a stable contract length that works with the Kings.

If the Kings were contenders this season, which they arent, they could gamble on a contract like that and a give up those type of assets for a Hemsky/Penner. We're just not at that point just yet.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:39 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Hemsky is interesting...I think he would be rated as the "best on the market" right now, but if Richards comes available if he might set the market for Hemsky.

And by asking for Simmonds then adding Voynov its getting close to Kovi's rate from last year and I'm not sure Hemsky is worth that.

I also think if the Kings keep winning it might be hard to bargain for more...

Those are just some random thoughts on the situation, sorry if it isn't very coherent.
If the Kings keep winning their bargaining power gets stronger, that said it doesn't sound like they are the only team interested. As for Simmonds + Voynov, Kovie was an UFA at the time and your GM knew that he'd make him a big time offer in the offseason, in this case Hemsky is under contract for the rest of this season and all of next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Recent UFA history begs to differ.
Well I could see both of these guys wanting to be Kings for a number of reasons, I could be wrong.

Quote:
Couple things...one the cap hit is too much for those two. Secondly, Dean isn't going to trade Simmonds and Teubert for a couple rentals. If any Kings player and prospects are going to another team, its for a player that has a stable contract length that works with the Kings.

If the Kings were contenders this season, which they arent, they could gamble on a contract like that and a give up those type of assets for a Hemsky/Penner. We're just not at that point just yet.
They may not be contenders but maybe Lombardi wants to get the guys a playoff victory or two to help battle harden them? It is the next step in your rebuild isn't it? Besides neither player is a rental in the normal sense of the word as both have a whole year left after this one.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:42 AM
Orenji

It would be funny if we give up the same package we rejected last season for freaking Kovalchuk.

Lombardi wouldn't give up Simmonds for Kovy, but will give him up for Hemsky?

Old
02-18-2011, 04:18 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Some of you dont understand what the term 'rental' means.

Last edited by JDM: 02-18-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old
02-18-2011, 05:13 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
The Oilers don't have to trade either. If they want to move Hemsky, then it will be interesting how many EDM fans are disspointed by the return.

Old
02-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Orenji

If the Oilers don't get Schenn for Hemsky, they'll probably say it's a travesty and call Simmonds an overrated 3rd line grinder.

Old
02-18-2011, 05:22 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Some of you dont understand what the term 'rental' means.
For crying out loud, lets just call it what it is...an extremely short term lease. With the option to buy, if you can outbid other teams.

That's not worth dumping Simmonds, picks, prospects over.

Old
02-18-2011, 05:33 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:

They may not be contenders but maybe Lombardi wants to get the guys a playoff victory or two to help battle harden them? It is the next step in your rebuild isn't it? Besides neither player is a rental in the normal sense of the word as both have a whole year left after this one.

I don't see Lombardi making a big splash at the deadline and trading away half the farm for Hemsky or Penner, or both. He never does, and I see something more low key happening.

Old
02-18-2011, 05:36 AM
Orenji

If the Oilers want too much for Hemsky, Lombardi will probably go to Florida and get Booth.

The Panthers would probably give up Booth for a good defensive prospect and a 1st round pick. We did have five scouts at the Florida game.

Just like the Oilers don't have to trade Hemsky, it's not like the Kings HAVE to trade with the Oilers. Hemsky isn't far and way the best guy up at the deadline. He isn't like Kovalchuk last season where no one else was close to his level of talent.

Hemsky is probably better than Booth, but Booth + Schenn + Simmonds > Hemsky

Old
02-18-2011, 05:39 AM
KingLB

Quote:
For crying out loud, lets just call it what it is...an extremely short term lease. With the option to buy, if you can outbid other teams.

That's not worth dumping Simmonds, picks, prospects over.
Neither Penner or Hemsky are rentals...they are still under contract next year.

Old
02-18-2011, 06:09 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Neither Penner or Hemsky are rentals...they are still under contract next year.
1 and half year is a very short term contract. Kings won't hold on to both of those players. Guaranteed.

It's all moot anyway, since the Oilers asking price is sky high, plus cap hit is high and Deano isn't going to trade half the farm for Hemsky/Penner.

Old
02-18-2011, 06:15 AM
KingLB

Quote:
1 and half year is a very short term contract. Kings won't hold on to both of those players. Guaranteed.

It's all moot anyway, since the Oilers asking price is sky high, plus cap hit is high and Deano isn't going to trade half the farm for Hemsky/Penner.
Doubt they trade for both, and a player like Penner (who was in Ana and word is wants to be in Cali) might resign. And trying to figure out if players you are targeting in deals might resign in over a year is a moot point, because it is impossible to know.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:16 AM
tomd

Quote:
10% state income tax
high real estate
mimmal endorsement opportunities
zero hockey atmosphere
terrible travel schedule

Closed Thread