HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2-17-11 - "Shake it Out" - Canucks @ Preds

Old
02-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Meganuck*

vCash: 500
Wow. The crowd in Nashville was great. So loud in there! Very good fans. I loved the "Referees suck" chant that's like a Canuck home game!

1 Question: What the hell do the fans say after the Preds score? It's some long chant thing. Just curious.

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Hielo Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hielo Grande View Post
in a perfect world the lightning strikes the wings; preds and nucks play to a tie with preds winining in ot; and somehow next flyer game philly goes down.

so then, in a perfect world, preds gain on wings, nucks get a point and stay atop the standings and pronger leads his squad at future sucking... or is that sucking going forward...

of course in a perfect world vancouver wudn't be starting one of its original starting six d, but maybe its just to get Obie some justice.
ok, so much for a perfect world.
stupid bolts!
dam nucks, mind u the 4 farm hands didn't seem out of place, just not good enuf.
good that the preds kept pace with the wings. still hoping to overtake them.

Hielo Grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Predsfan80

I had a blast going. One heck of a game to go to tonight. Kudos to the crowd tonight. Glad to get the win. I don't have much of a voice left.

Predsfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:20 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
Wow. The crowd in Nashville was great. So loud in there! Very good fans. I loved the "Referees suck" chant that's like a Canuck home game!

1 Question: What the hell do the fans say after the Preds score? It's some long chant thing. Just curious.
It's actually pretty loud most of the games. The media just ignore us down here though, which is fine. We are always underdogs.

The chant: Say after 2 goals "That's 2! Thanks Luongo, may we have another? He shoots, he scores, you suck!"

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:42 PM
SilasAdams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK All Day View Post
fisher gets his first tonight
told yall

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:44 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Awesome game to be at, terrible officiating though....just terrible. Huge 2 pts guys, great game! No Goc or Sully

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:49 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
It's actually pretty loud most of the games. The media just ignore us down here though, which is fine. We are always underdogs.

The chant: Say after 2 goals "That's 2! Thanks Luongo, may we have another? He shoots, he scores, you suck!"
To clarify a bit, there are two chants. One happens during Rock and Roll 2 and it goes ::buhdum duhduh:: HEY! YOU SUCK ::repeat two more times:: then "We're gonna beat the hell outta you! It's true! It's true! it's what we're gonna do!"

And after the goal announcement there is a number of big cat growls that corresponds with the number of goals we have (so three growls for three goals). The yells "that's one" after the first, "that's two" after the second and so on. Then as kypredsfan said, "Thanks Luongo, may we have another? He shoots! He scores! You suck!" followed with "It's all your fault! It's all your fault!" a number of times

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:53 PM
NuxFan09

Hey Predators fans, congrats on the win! The refs were clearly operating in the Canucks' favour and the Canucks still only managed to take advantage of 1 out of 5 PP opportunties. It makes the Preds' win all the more deserved.

Rinne was such a beast in net for you guys. He's the real deal.

Until next time.

NuxFan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:09 PM
predfan24

We caught the Nucks at a good time but points are points at this point in the season.

I wanna give some props to JP Dumont. Most guys who are used to being a huge part of the team would not take to basically being demoted to a 4th liner well. I can honestly say since Dumont has been demoted he has worked harder than ever. I say I am willing to trade the guy but that's only because I know Trotz isn't going to use him and his salary is so high. I do believe he could still be effective if given the chance.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Wow! Great game, even better 2nd!

Refs were terrible.

How's Sully/Goc?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:10 PM
jcupp

Great win, great crowd!

Hate the f in refs. The absolute worst officiating I have ever seen. Even on the only legit penalty call, they called the wrong penalty! The Wilson penalty should have been a hook, IMO, not a high stick. Not only the refs but the linesmen as well. Just f in crazy.

This game ranks up there with the 1-15-11 Chicago game to attend (not the officiating). Very fun game.

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:13 PM
SK74 Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Hey Predators fans, congrats on the win! The refs were clearly operating in the Canucks' favour and the Canucks still only managed to take advantage of 1 out of 5 PP opportunties. It makes the Preds' win all the more deserved.

Rinne was such a beast in net for you guys. He's the real deal.

Until next time.
Thank you sir, So nice to see fans that are respectful. I would say Pekka is easily a top 3 NHL goalie. It really did seem that the refs were helping you all out tonight, usually I try to keep my mouth shut about them because they have one of the most difficult jobs in the world, but tonight it seemed pretty obvious.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:16 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

I don't usually go along with conspiracy theories but refs like that make me wonder...

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:24 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR View Post
Guys, what exactly happened to Goc and Sullivan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Goc went into the boards bad. Upper body. Sullivan got a puck in the face. Looked pretty dizzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Fisher hit in face with a shot. Got stitches and came back. Sullivan hit in face with puck -- return in question.

Goc hurt shoulder after falling into the boards awkwardly -- return doubtful.
just a guess here but i would say Goc has a separated shoulder. As he was falling into the boards his elbow caught the dasher extending his elbow over his head as he crashed into the boards. classic separated shoulder.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
nice momentum swing there guys.

Fisher's goal is the type you need against good goalies, good deflections are practically impossible to stop.
That was a ridiculously good BACKHAND deflection. In a game of inches timing is everything.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:57 PM
cleangene

OMG, I'm STILL stoked after this win!!! A true GUT-CHECK if there ever was one for the PREDS, and they came through with a HUGE W. THANK YOU PREDS FOR YOUR EFFORT TONIGHT, AND THANK YOU FELLOW FANS FOR BRINGING THE NOISE!!! What's the plan now if G and Sully go back to IR- a recall for Mueller and Halls to pair up with JP again???

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
OMG, I'm STILL stoked after this win!!! A true GUT-CHECK if there ever was one for the PREDS, and they came through with a HUGE W. THANK YOU PREDS FOR YOUR EFFORT TONIGHT, AND THANK YOU FELLOW FANS FOR BRINGING THE NOISE!!! What's the plan now if G and Sully go back to IR- a recall for Mueller and Halls to pair up with JP again???
Svatos and Halischuk maybe?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 12:10 AM
predfan24

I also thought Goc had a separated shoulder after watching the replay. Any of the more medically inclined here know how long an average separated shoulder takes to come back from?

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Nice picture & headline on NHL.com
Attached Images
File Type: bmp King Fisher.bmp‎ (753.1 KB, 49 views)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Jet91

Canuck fan coming to say congrats on the big win. Gotta admit I couldn't believe how much the Canucks got away with tonight. Even though I'm a 'Nucks fan it still bothers me to see such terrible reffing, even if it does benefit "my" side. Just awful tonight! But your guys battled through it and played just a fantastic all around game.

I'm also blown away with your guys' crowd. I admit I don't follow the Preds all that much and kinda expected to see a Phenoix-esque type arena/atmosphere, but boy was I wrong! I'm beyond impressed. All the awesome chants and the constant cheering. Great stuff! Honestly, it was louder than 90% of regular season Canuck games. I wish our crowd was more like that.

I'm happy to say I was wrong about Nashville not being a hockey market. Way to support your team everyone! Hope you guys do well in the playoffs this year.

See ya next time!

Jet91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet91 View Post
Canuck fan coming to say congrats on the big win. Gotta admit I couldn't believe how much the Canucks got away with tonight. Even though I'm a 'Nucks fan it still bothers me to see such terrible reffing, even if it does benefit "my" side. Just awful tonight! But your guys battled through it and played just a fantastic all around game.

I'm also blown away with your guys' crowd. I admit I don't follow the Preds all that much and kinda expected to see a Phenoix-esque type arena/atmosphere, but boy was I wrong! I'm beyond impressed. All the awesome chants and the constant cheering. Great stuff! Honestly, it was louder than 90% of regular season Canuck games. I wish our crowd was more like that.

I'm happy to say I was wrong about Nashville not being a hockey market. Way to support your team everyone! Hope you guys do well in the playoffs this year.

See ya next time!
Thank you.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 01:27 AM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
To clarify a bit, there are two chants. One happens during Rock and Roll 2 and it goes ::buhdum duhduh:: HEY! YOU SUCK ::repeat two more times:: then "We're gonna beat the hell outta you! It's true! It's true! it's what we're gonna do!"

And after the goal announcement there is a number of big cat growls that corresponds with the number of goals we have (so three growls for three goals). The yells "that's one" after the first, "that's two" after the second and so on. Then as kypredsfan said, "Thanks Luongo, may we have another? He shoots! He scores! You suck!" followed with "It's all your fault! It's all your fault!" a number of times
"LUONGOOOOOOO! LUONGOOOOO! LUONGOOOOO! YOU SUCK! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

Also, most people say, "WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU! AND YOU! AND YOU! AND YOU AND YOU AND YOU!" instead of "It's true! It's true! It's what we're gonna do!"

In fact, I only hear the latter when I'm in/sitting next to 303 (Which I plan on doing for the rest of the season/next season/the one after that and etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet91 View Post

See ya next time!
THANK YOU.

I'm glad to see Canadians (aside from Ottawa, but that's because they're awesome) praising us for our crowd instead of saying that we're a failing franchise. The Nashville-not-being-a-hockey-market rumour is seriously one of the biggest misconceptions in any sports, ever.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:19 AM
Tetrastar

I used to believe Nashville didn't deserve to have a team because of its "lack of true fans" and was anything but a hockey market. Man was I wrong.

Tonights game gave me an entirely different perspective. The crowd was simply incredible from start to finish. Easily the loudest I've heard this year.

Sorry for doubting you guys. What a terrific fanbase. I'm already Looking forward to the next time Vancouver pays a visit to Nashville!

Tetrastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:31 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Nice game. Good crowd.

JuniorNelson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:36 AM
SK74 Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrastar View Post
I used to believe Nashville didn't deserve to have a team because of its "lack of true fans" and was anything but a hockey market. Man was I wrong.

Tonights game gave me an entirely different perspective. The crowd was simply incredible from start to finish. Easily the loudest I've heard this year.

Sorry for doubting you guys. What a terrific fanbase. I'm already Looking forward to the next time Vancouver pays a visit to Nashville!
Thank you! It seems when people actually watch a broadcast or come to a game is when they realize how the media portrays us is completely wrong.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:55 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I also thought Goc had a separated shoulder after watching the replay. Any of the more medically inclined here know how long an average separated shoulder takes to come back from?
I'm not a doctor but having gone through shoulder surgery myself so I'm a little familiar. Shoulder injuries can vary greatly, but I think a separated shoulder is generally 4-5 weeks. Klein suffered a separated shoulder and missed a month back in 2007. Sulzer missed just over a month in 2009. But I've heard of players only missing a couple weeks. Separated shoulders heal nicely and don't usually reoccur.

Hopefully it isn't dislocated as opposed to separated because the recovery time on one of those is a bit more. If it requires surgery, he's done for 6-9 months. Non-surgery recovery time is like 6 weeks I think. Again, varies greatly. But the worst part about a dislocated shoulder is that the probability of another dislocation in the future is pretty high.

I missed that play though and haven't seen any video, so I can't comment which one it looks like. Hopefully it's none of the above

Last edited by Paranoid Android: 02-18-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote