HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to an awful(fine, the last place) team once again.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:17 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
Our D tonight was an AHL caliber D.

Wizniewski was injured in the 1st, so we were down to 5 D for 55 minutes...and they were?

2 rookies (Weber-Subban)
1 AHL call-up playing his 2nd NHL game (Nash)
A 7th D who played 23 minutes tonight. (Picard)
Our only healthy regular D was a 36yr old Hamrlik who looked dead tired out there.

Team had no chance.

If some of you can't look at the facts and prefer bashing a team ravaged with injuries who is in 6th place of it's conference and still only 2pts back of the division lead...give your head a shake.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Melvin Udall

Origionally posted by: Kriss E: So, you like to compare us to the #1 NHL team at the moment?...Why?[/B]

MattKOTW brought up the comparison of the HABS to the Flyres....I was merely pointing out some "facts" regading the 2 teams which he was convienently overlooking.

Maybe...for some posters it would be more appropriate to compare the Habs to the last place team in the league...who have defeated the HABS 2X this season by the way.

KrisE... if you want your team to be the best you might as well compare them to the best, that way you will know what you need to do to reach the top!

I know you are a better poster than that.....no need (for you) to go on with extended DRIVEL.

Cheers dude!

GO HABS GO!

Last edited by Melvin Udall: 02-18-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:39 AM
sevil

having 5 d out sucks for the team, no doubt. however no matter what d is playing that shouldn't effect the effort. I don't care if they win or lose, but I want to see effort, skating, working and hits. Our forwards last night gave nothing (yes a couple were good) but as a whole there was no heart. That's what I hate. Work! lose sure but atleast work for it.

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:58 AM
LeMAD

With all those injuries, we have on paper one of the worst teams in the league right now. No need to whine.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
not awful

they may be last in the standings, but when motivated, then can play hockey.

what do people expect with all the injuries on d? seriously give the team a break
Nope, these players are robots not humans. This is unacceptable.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Darch

Makes me laugh when people blame Jacques Martin when the team loses. I won't say play poorly, because with Habs fans, the Habs played great when they win, and bad when they lost. The other team never has anything to do with it.

The only reason the Habs are doing so well since about this time last year, is because of Jacques Martin. He's been able to get a team with limited talent to play extremely well on it's strengths. Add to that special units which are very solid. That's all coaching!

Let's hope some of the injured D come back shortly. There's only so much anyone could do with all these injuries.

Darch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 06:48 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
When you have 5 regular D out you will lose most of your games. But HF will get all emo for the next 3 days and say trade half the team etc. etc.

Come on HF get emo so I can laugh at the morons.
I am going to cut myself if gauthier doesnt trade subban + price + patches to toronto for a 1st in 2015

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 07:16 AM
Next Best Thing*

We are doing good without half our lineup

(such as losing to the last place team)

All kidding aside, if we played with some heart we never should of let those 2 points escape.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
having 5 d out sucks for the team, no doubt. however no matter what d is playing that shouldn't effect the effort. I don't care if they win or lose, but I want to see effort, skating, working and hits. Our forwards last night gave nothing (yes a couple were good) but as a whole there was no heart. That's what I hate. Work! lose sure but atleast work for it.
Didn't they get 37 shots on net while playing with 5 d-men including 3 rookies and a guy who is a fringe NHLer?

I think what cost us the game is that Khabibulin outplayed Price and we had to cover up for all our holes on defense so we couldn't open up too much.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:01 AM
MTL-rules

Blaming the lost sorely on the defence... come on...

There are forwards, you know... Last I checked, we didn't lose 6 to 5... they played the trap all night long, the forwards were mostly invisible, espacially Plkeanec and Gionta who were MIA all night long.

They lack size and high end scoring talent... plus Khabibulin dominated Price all night long... prepare for two more losses...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:10 AM
BLONG7

Tough nite for sure...losing Wiz really hurt as the game went on, with our D having to log too many minutes....did you guys see the pic on Habs Inside out of the Wiz....pretty banged up in the face...hopefully he and Mara play in the Classic...

The Habs and the Nucks are both in bad shape for regular Dmen...depending on the Wiz, does PG make another dman deal? We definitely need another scorer up front also...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:10 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

The D is no excuse. Vancouver is in the same boat as us and they're still getting it done.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
The D is no excuse. Vancouver is in the same boat as us and they're still getting it done.
If losing Markov, Gorges, Spacek, Gill and Wiz is no excuse then might as well start a firesale and aim for the cup at the same time, right?

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Blaming the lost sorely on the defence... come on...

There are forwards, you know... Last I checked, we didn't lose 6 to 5... they played the trap all night long, the forwards were mostly invisible, espacially Plkeanec and Gionta who were MIA all night long.

They lack size and high end scoring talent... plus Khabibulin dominated Price all night long... prepare for two more losses...
How much more size do you want, our only small forwards are Gionta Desharnais with Cammy out. Even Pyatt was sitting for 6'2" Eller. Replacing Desharnais and Gio won't make us better.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Capitano

I just hope PG doesn't trade away any youth on the roster...

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:18 AM
HomaridII

At the risk of getting involved and being flamed .. lol

I thought the difference in the game was Khabibulin, specially in the 2nd period. We had so many clear chances, but he was a wall last night. What last night showed it how much we trully miss Cammalleri and how much we need another sniper.

I thought the defence played fine except for a bad decision by PK and Nash. We played a VERY high speed high pace game with 4D basically, PK and Hamrlik played nearly 30 minutes and PK specially, except for that one bad play was fantastic.

I hope Wiz is ok, I hope Gill is ready to go next week, this way we have

Hamrlik - Weber

Suban - Gill

Wiz - Mara

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:18 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
They've lost 3 of their last 5, not terrible considering how many D they've lost but I wouldn't consider that "getting it done".

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

What I wanna know is, will Martin take the boys out for Bowling?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:28 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
What I wanna know is, will Martin take the boys out for Bowling?
he thought about it but changed his mind, he doesnt want to risk another injury.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
he thought about it but changed his mind, he doesnt want to risk another injury.
I think this year they should go curling.....

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:38 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How much more size do you want, our only small forwards are Gionta Desharnais with Cammy out. Even Pyatt was sitting for 6'2" Eller. Replacing Desharnais and Gio won't make us better.
Gomez and Plekanec also are small... That's 4 forwards on our Top 6... Moen isn't a Top 6 forward... Yep, he brought size, he actually had scoring chances... but that's the problem, this player need to be talented and not miss golden chances.

What I'm saying is that a quick fix won't change a thing... Gauthier has to be bold and repair Gainey's damage. Right now, he has to think about the future, because we aren't going anywhere without Markov and Gorges and this lack of size and talent in our Top 6.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:00 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I think this year they should go curling.....
Since 100% of the injuries occured on ice, I think it would satistically safer to do an off-ice activity.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Darth Joker

If we had lost the game 4-3 or 5-3, I'd be willing to say "Yeah, our defense collapsed due to having to play with just 5 D most of the game, and with most of those 5 D being bottom pairing guys playing waaaay more minutes than they should".

I don't have a problem giving up 3 goals to the Oilers given our situation last night.

But there's no excuse for scoring one measly goal on a team with one of the 3 worst Goals Against Averages in the league.

Too many of the guys we count on to score are horrifically inconsistent, and disappear for very long stretches of the season.

This is why, imo, our top priority has to be to get a good scoring winger that's more consistent than AKost...

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:08 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
and they have the reigning art ross winner
and a potential art ross winner this year

they don't have trouble scoring like the habs do so all isnt lost when they give up 2-3-4 goals because they can score them back

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:08 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
If we had lost the game 4-3 or 5-3, I'd be willing to say "Yeah, our defense collapsed due to having to play with just 5 D most of the game, and with most of those 5 D being bottom pairing guys playing waaaay more minutes than they should".

I don't have a problem giving up 3 goals to the Oilers given our situation last night.

But there's no excuse for scoring one measly goal on a team with one of the 3 worst Goals Against Averages in the league.

Too many of the guys we count on to score are horrifically inconsistent, and disappear for very long stretches of the season.

This is why, imo, our top priority has to be to get a good scoring winger that's more consistent than AKost...
what do you call Picard and Nash ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote