HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Brendon Nash called-up (Sent back down)

Old
02-17-2011, 09:28 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Festerling: ''...so we won't need to see Festerling....''
I haven't see Festerling play...but based on your words I would think that you don't think highly of Festerling's 2 games with our Habs? Do you think he's right after Nash in D-depth chart? Should we give up on Festerling or is he a project for next season? (#7dman for next season?).

What about M.Carle? are we ever gonna see him? (or he's also for next season?).
Did I miss something, when did Festerling play 2 games with the Habs? Or are you from the future?

Festerling looks to be a solid top 4 for Hamilton. I like him for the Dogs but not for the Habs. I have no clue what the future holds for Carle, can't see the Habs having 3 RD's of Subban/Weber/Carle, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
It's going to be neat to see what Nash can do, but I would rather see Festerling.
Festerling is still injured

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Jigger77

I agree with those of you who thought he played well for a first game. Looked like he kept the butterflies in check and just went out there and played his own game. Good news.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Did I miss something, when did Festerling play 2 games with the Habs? Or are you from the future?

Festerling looks to be a solid top 4 for Hamilton. I like him for the Dogs but not for the Habs. I have no clue what the future holds for Carle, can't see the Habs having 3 RD's of Subban/Weber/Carle, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

My mistake! I had the number 2 in my memory!! (that 2 was unfortunately his -2 in his one Hab game).
Festerling: 1game played for Habs...0pts...-2...0 PIM...2hits...14:53 minutes (ice-time).

So, in your opinion, we should never expect to see Festerling as our #6dman...not even next season? if so...darn it!
go Nash go!!

p.s.: saw a bit of Nash...only 8min of ice-time...he was slow on a Oilers forward on one play...maybe coach Martin benched him after that. Nash couldn't slow him down and it turned into a semi-break-away...Picard had to catch up to the Oilers player (speedy Jones? he had long hair!). The positive on Nash...saw him make one nice, long outlet pass!! But he is still raw...needs more experience.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 07:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
My mistake! I had the number 2 in my memory!! (that 2 was unfortunately his -2 in his one Hab game).
Festerling: 1game played for Habs...0pts...-2...0 PIM...2hits...14:53 minutes (ice-time).

So, in your opinion, we should never expect to see Festerling as our #6dman...not even next season? if so...darn it!
go Nash go!!

p.s.: saw a bit of Nash...only 8min of ice-time...he was slow on a Oilers forward on one play...maybe coach Martin benched him after that. Nash couldn't slow him down and it turned into a semi-break-away...Picard had to catch up to the Oilers player (speedy Jones? he had long hair!). The positive on Nash...saw him make one nice, long outlet pass!! But he is still raw...needs more experience.
Nash skates well for a guy his size, but for him the big adjustment will be playing against guys that are bigger and faster than AHL. On the play refered to above the speed of the forward seemed to surprise him and he couldn't recover fast enough. That's part of "getting your feet wet".

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:06 AM
MTL-rules

Nash was so bad last night, it's scary... with Wiz injury... it should be Carle up... anyway, Nash can't keep up.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Nash was so bad last night, it's scary... with Wiz injury... it should be Carle up... anyway, Nash can't keep up.
There was one play where he was caught off guard, but let's blow thing out of proprtion. We don't need to call anybody up with Gill and Mara plus maybe Wisniewski next game.

Nash is not NHL ready, I think he needs another AHL year but I like his potential.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:11 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Yeah players never have bad games or anything. Especially rookies.

Quote:

go Nash go!!

Festerling has never played a game for Montreal. The stat your quoting is his one game this season FOR Anaheim.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Marchy79

Calling up Nash, and a poor performance from a clearly overworked D-Corps, Wiz going down, and Mara ready for Sunday,

Now we have questions on the point for sure :S

Hamrlik - Subban
Mara - Weber
Picard - Nash

Gill
Spaco
Wisniewski
all injured...

For all intensive purposes, Mathieu Carle should get the call up. Wiz is a RD, Nash played poorly last night, but I'd still keep him min. of the west swing as the #7.
Replace Nash, with Carle. This is finally the kids opportunity, and IMO I WANT to see what he can do up here!

Another just thought about last night's game... How the hell does Mara make it to Edmonton, but the Equipment doesnt... That kind of concept is totally lost on me.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Habs

I'm cutting back on beer, just in case the team needs another dman soon.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:21 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
There was one play where he was caught off guard, but let's blow thing out of proprtion. We don't need to call anybody up with Gill and Mara plus maybe Wisniewski next game.

Nash is not NHL ready, I think he needs another AHL year but I like his potential.
One play ? Are you serious ?

Just before his bone head play on the 3rd goal... he was passed by a forward so easily it was embarassing... the worst part is that he didn't seem to be giving all his effort to come back.

Nash was extremely bad in very limited play... he's clearly not ready... he's a rookie as you pointed out and like pretty much every other rookies that tasted the NHL for the first time... he has ways to go before being effective. Time to go back to Hamilton and work on his footstep and decision making... no problem there, just part of the process... but don't be saying he looked good or great.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:41 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

Curious, in your opinion is the reason Nash got the call due to injuries/waivers issues with the other D that are in Hamilton right now?

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Calling up Nash, and a poor performance from a clearly overworked D-Corps, Wiz going down, and Mara ready for Sunday,

Now we have questions on the point for sure :S

Hamrlik - Subban
Mara - Weber
Picard - Nash

Gill
Spaco
Wisniewski
all injured...

For all intensive purposes, Mathieu Carle should get the call up. Wiz is a RD, Nash played poorly last night, but I'd still keep him min. of the west swing as the #7.
Replace Nash, with Carle. This is finally the kids opportunity, and IMO I WANT to see what he can do up here!

Another just thought about last night's game... How the hell does Mara make it to Edmonton, but the Equipment doesnt... That kind of concept is totally lost on me.
He probably had connecting flights to get there and the baggage missed the connections. Not very uncommon.

Old
02-18-2011, 10:19 AM
ChoseLa

Pretty sure Carle would be a better option at this point. And it's strange that with such a young and unexperienced defence, the Habs not only traded for Paul Mara, but called up Nash instead of Festerling.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Pretty sure Carle would be a better option at this point. And it's strange that with such a young and unexperienced defence, the Habs not only traded for Paul Mara, but called up Nash instead of Festerling.
At this time of year, they're concerned to lose him to waivers if/when they send him down as teams out of the playoffs take chances, experiment. Nash doesn't have to go through waivers.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:24 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Please, Festerling is injured.

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
One play ? Are you serious ?

Just before his bone head play on the 3rd goal... he was passed by a forward so easily it was embarassing... the worst part is that he didn't seem to be giving all his effort to come back.

Nash was extremely bad in very limited play... he's clearly not ready... he's a rookie as you pointed out and like pretty much every other rookies that tasted the NHL for the first time... he has ways to go before being effective. Time to go back to Hamilton and work on his footstep and decision making... no problem there, just part of the process... but don't be saying he looked good or great.
If Hamrlik was the one getting passed, then yea, it'd be horrible.
We're talking about Nash here, an AHL Dman called up urgently as we were out of Dmen. Obviously, he needs to adapt to the game and still has to learn/develop. But to say it was embarassing or scary, you're way overreacting.
Nash played well considering his situation actually. You should be happy with what you saw, not overly critical. A rookie like him will do bonehead plays, he will get passed due to off timing (although he did make the effort of poke checking the guy which prevented him from shooting, so thumbs up for that instead of taking a hooking penalty like most, even vets, do), but I'm very pleased with what I saw from Nash.
His development is going well.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:38 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Interesting comment, at the last Dogs game he played a fan sitting behind us suggested Nash looked like a horse on sedation when he was moving the puck up ice. Whatever the reason he was called, it wasn't because his play of late.

Old
02-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
For all intensive purposes
heh.

intents and purposes

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Interesting comment, at the last Dogs game he played a fan sitting behind us suggested Nash looked like a horse on sedation when he was moving the puck up ice. Whatever the reason he was called, it wasn't because his play of late.
See post #164.

Old
02-18-2011, 11:06 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
See post #164.
Thanks, do you know if Festerling is subject to waivers as well?

Old
02-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Thanks, do you know if Festerling is subject to waivers as well?
I believe he does. But someone also mentioned that he's injured?

Old
02-18-2011, 01:35 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I believe he does. But someone also mentioned that he's injured?
Yes he's been out for the last two games. We play the Marlies tonight will be interesting to see who's in the line-up.

Old
02-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He probably had connecting flights to get there and the baggage missed the connections. Not very uncommon.
That makes sense... but I just wish it didnt happen last night, I was actually happy to see him back in the line up last night... Kinda just was a bit of a let down to hear that he couldnt suit up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
heh.

intents and purposes
lol I do that all the time, As my buddies tell me, I got a bit of Yogi Berra in me when I speak
thanks for the correct phrase though I honestly didnt know it lol

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:34 PM
mdonah

does anybody know what Festerling injury is or was and if
healthy does he have to go through waivers personally he
embodies the stay at home defenceman think he would make
a good partner for Subban

mdonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
nash looks like hes missing a little intensity...hopefully its just nerves of being in the NHL for the first time..

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote