HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2-17-11 - "Shake it Out" - Canucks @ Preds

Old
02-18-2011, 11:00 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
And robots are too cool. The Terminator comes to mind. Seek and Destroy!!!
TRANSFORMERS! More than meets the eye!

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 11:07 AM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Of course it was frustrating for Kessler. He lost. And most teams hate playing the Preds -- especially offensively explosive teams -- because of our disciplined, defensive style.

And robots are too cool. The Terminator comes to mind. Seek and Destroy!!!

Finally, whose fans is Kessler referring to? I was there last night and it seemed at least 15,000 fans were thoroughly entertained.
I believe Kessler is referring to the Canuck fans during that.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 11:09 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
I believe Kessler is referring to the Canuck fans during that.
Yes, of course he was. But in the spirit of "Fair and Balanced" reporting, it's more fun to take the quote out of context.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Ryan Kesler sure doesn't echo the praise his fans are giving us...

"It’s a frustrating game for us and the fans,” said Canucks centre Ryan Kesler, who was minus-1 in 22:26 of ice time. “They got a couple of lucky bounces and then they sat back. I don’t think any of their guys crossed the red line after they were up by two. They’re like robots. I don’t think they want to score. They just want to capitalize on their chances. You’ve got to give it to their coach.

“They have them brainwashed over there. They got up by two and they just sat. But not scoring one at even strength tonight is something we’ve got to look at. We can’t be winning games not scoring [at] even strength.”

"They play a weird system. It's almost like they don't want to score goals and they just want to sit back and wait for us to make mistakes. It was a little frustrating. We got some quality shots, but we needed to generate a little bit more. Their goalie played well. Their goalie won them the game. It wasn't a very entertaining game for the fans, that's for sure."

"When you tie the game and give them two goals in 50 seconds, you're not going to come back against a team like that because I don't think they crossed the blue line when they went up by two," Canuck Ryan Kesler said. "They sat back and capitalized on a couple of lucky bounces and that was the game."

Discuss.
He was the same way when he was interviewed on the pre-game; he basically said all Nash does is play a trap and dump the puck in every chance then try to grind in corner. I was pretty surprised - in football or something you hear that but in the NHL they are pretty careful to avoid bulletin board material and make sure they don't come off sounding like that.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Predator119

Kesler can say whatever he wants... We still won the game. And by the way, I recall quite a few shifts in the third period where we had them stuck in their zone. We didn't have tons of shots, but we certainly killed the clock.

Predator119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I actually used to like kesler, but not so much anymore. He has really been a jerk towards nashville. I may have something in common with RJ Umberger... I HATE Kesler!

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:49 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Have we heard any more from sully? Sounded like we should expect facial fractures, based on how he went to the hospital
Nasty black eye but all is well.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 06:47 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Well, Kesler just dropped a notch in my book. I vote next game we boo both Hamhuis and him both when they touch the puck.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 06:50 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Kesler played for the Ohio State, so he sucks.
Typical

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 07:13 PM
predfan24

It sounds like sour grapes from Kesler there but I don't think he can ever be on my bad side. He's an incredible player and after the great tournament and the empty net goal he had during the Olympics he will always be on my No **** list!

I remember catching flack for saying I would take him over Kessel after the Olympics. I still stick to that. I would take him infinite out of infinite times over Kessel and most other USA forwards(besides maybe Parise)

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 02:06 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I love our fans.

I hate everything about Vancouver. I hate their players, coaches, and fans (nice ones that stopped by make me hate them only slightly less, but then I see Burrows and all the hate comes right back). I hate the fans that when Vancouver tied it, acted like they just won the cup and holding their jersey up pointing at the logo.

And I love Nick Spaling for scoring 7 seconds later.

And I love Mike Fisher for a sweet redirect to send the arena into a frenzy and send Vancouver reeling. All after getting a cheek of stitches.

And I love Shane O'Brien for being Obie. Watching the Van. replay and him telling Samuelsson (or someone on Van.).."Anytime, any ****ing time". Seriously, my favorite player this year.

Legwand and Dumont were amazing. Easily their best game of the year.

Fisher fits in perfectly with this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
"LUONGOOOOOOO! LUONGOOOOO! LUONGOOOOO! YOU SUCK! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

Also, most people say, "WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU! AND YOU! AND YOU! AND YOU AND YOU AND YOU!" instead of "It's true! It's true! It's what we're gonna do!"

In fact, I only hear the latter when I'm in/sitting next to 303 (Which I plan on doing for the rest of the season/next season/the one after that and etc.)
I say "You you you...". I just don't like the "it's true". I do love the "It's all your fault" part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
That is exactly what happened. We were forechecking like madmen late in that game.
Kesler doesn't agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Ryan Kesler sure doesn't echo the praise his fans are giving us...

"It’s a frustrating game for us and the fans,” said Canucks centre Ryan Kesler, who was minus-1 in 22:26 of ice time. “They got a couple of lucky bounces and then they sat back. I don’t think any of their guys crossed the red line after they were up by two. They’re like robots. I don’t think they want to score. They just want to capitalize on their chances. You’ve got to give it to their coach.

“They have them brainwashed over there. They got up by two and they just sat. But not scoring one at even strength tonight is something we’ve got to look at. We can’t be winning games not scoring [at] even strength.”

"They play a weird system. It's almost like they don't want to score goals and they just want to sit back and wait for us to make mistakes. It was a little frustrating. We got some quality shots, but we needed to generate a little bit more. Their goalie played well. Their goalie won them the game. It wasn't a very entertaining game for the fans, that's for sure."

"When you tie the game and give them two goals in 50 seconds, you're not going to come back against a team like that because I don't think they crossed the blue line when they went up by two," Canuck Ryan Kesler said. "They sat back and capitalized on a couple of lucky bounces and that was the game."

Discuss.
my team lost to nashville, they suck, we're not supposed to lose, we're perfect.

Brainwashed? Yeah it's called listening to the coach and doing what he asks.

I like the Kesler that plays for team USA because he hates Canada and they hate him.

But the Kesler that plays for Vancouver is a jerk. What a baby. I guess the TV timeout standing ovation from the fans was because they were sooo bored. And the "ref you suck" was because they were bored and not paying any attention to the game at all. And all the cheering in the last minute was because we were bored and cheering the end of the game. Loser.

Last edited by sparkle twin: 02-19-2011 at 03:22 AM.
sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote