HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New contracts for Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Boyle

Old
02-15-2011, 03:57 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey2000nyr View Post
If Boyle hits 25 goals, which is still pretty attainable for him, with also how solid he has played all year, regardless what he did last year, i can see him getting 1.5-2 mil for 2 years, I doubt Boyle himself will want more years then that, so as long he keeps improving, he can really get a nice payday. He might seem to have a similar career as say Mike Knuble. A player who was a bottom 6 player, then found the right team, trained really hard and improved to the point that he can be a pereniall 25-30 goal scorer. I can see Boyle having a similar career as Knuble in that aspect of his game.

My Predictions are as follows:
Dubinsky: 4 years at 3.8 per
Callahan: 5 years at 3.4 per
Boyle: 2 years at 1.75 per
Anisimov: 2 years at 1.5 per
Sauer: 2 years at 1.3 per
I definitely think he's in that range. In the second post of this thread I went with:

Dubi - 4M
Cally - 3.5M
Boyle - 2M
Artie - 1.8M

So we are pretty close.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 06:53 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Callahan will get a bit more than Ryan Clowe in a 5 year deal.
Dubinsky will get more than that but less than Kesler in a 5 year deal.

Ansimov will get a deal similar to what Callahan and Dubinsky have now.

Boyle knows his career was done without the help of the Rangers. He owes them that and he'll give NY a break and sign for a similar money as Anisimov but for more years 3-4 instead of 2. If the Rangers really think he's the real deal, they'll offer him a 5th year with big money on the last year pushing the whole deal closer to a 3m hit.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Dubinsky and Callahan will get something in the $4M range. +/- $250,000. The Rangers took care of Staal and Girardi last summer and now it's the two forwards turn.

AA will get what Dubinsky got two years ago. 2 years/$3.7M. Martin Hanzal($1.8M). Steve Downie($1.85M). 2 year deal. Rangers give two year deals when the player finishes his ELC. Fedor Tyutin,Dan Girardi,Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky got two year deals. Marc Staal and Henrik Lundqvist were the two exceptions. AA has no arb rights.

Boyle won't look to break the bank but he won't sell himself short. Boyle is making $550,000 this season. He will triple that at the very least. Jay McClement has a $1.45M cap hit. Paul Gaustad is making $2.5M in his group III years(last 3 years and made $1.7M first season). Boyle has one group II year remaining. $2M range. 3 year deal. Boyle will take less money for the security of a 3 year deal.

Dubinsky,Callahan,AA and Boyle have a combined cap hit of $5,496,666 this season. It's going to cost close to $12M next season.
I think this is very close. I hope they extend them long term deals though in the case of Dubi and Cally. Like at least 5 years.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 03:35 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
When it's double what he's making now? After what we've done for him? When you have to assume he knows we have cap troubles? When this is his first year of looking like a good NHL player?

Yes.

1-2 year contract at that, and if continues his play he'll cash in. Book it.
just to keep this argument based in reality, what exactly have we done for him? he wasn't even on the staff's radar of players to make the team this season. it was HIS hardwork and dedication in the offseason that forced the staff into seeing he had more value than any of the other options going forward.

seems he's done a lot more for us; including, becoming a top scoring threat (while being paid similar cash to career healthy scratches), providing a hardworking huge option at center that can score important goals, or be used on the ice late in a 1 goal game. a player that can be productive and useful on both the PP and the PK.

if you think he owes anything to anyone, you're looking through some serious red white and blue colored glasses.

when UFA time roles around, teams are going to value what he can bring to their team, and he'll make a fair share north of Goon-cash

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:22 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Looks like Atlanta is close to re-signing Andrew Ladd. After the Dustin Buff overpayment of 5 years/$26M,how much is Atlanta going to pay Ladd?

378 NHL games 82 goals 191 points for Ladd

292 NHL games 66 goals 167 points for Dubinsky

262 NHL games 67 goals 124 points for Callahan

Quote:
With Dustin Byfuglien locked up long-term look for Atlanta to announce a contract extension to another former Chicago Blackhawk.

The team has already opened up talks with Andrew Ladd whose deal should be completed by the trade deadline.
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/A...rway--NHL-News

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:34 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Looks like Atlanta is close to re-signing Andrew Ladd. After the Dustin Buff overpayment of 5 years/$26M,how much is Atlanta going to pay Ladd?

378 NHL games 82 goals 191 points for Ladd

292 NHL games 66 goals 167 points for Dubinsky

262 NHL games 67 goals 124 points for Callahan

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/A...rway--NHL-News
He'll probably get overpaid, too. And the sad part of it is, I can understand why they're overpaying these guys, even if in the long run, it'll just create more problems for them: they desperately need to lock up whatever "stars," or close to stars they manage to get or produce.

No way does Ladd deserve as much as Dubinsky or Callahan, which is to say he shouldn't be making more than 3.5, as that's the minimum that Callahan will get.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Ace2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Why are we getting rid of Anisimov? Unless he's traded he's going to be re-signed.

Anyway, I think the $ will look something like this:

Dubi - 4M
Cally - 3.5M
Boyle - 2M
Artie - 1.8M

Obviously a lot depends on how many years the deals are for, and that can move the numbers by a good amount. If guys are going to give up years of UFA status they will get paid more per year.

BOYLE AND CLUTTERBUCK ARE IDENTICAL IN TERMS OF VALUE..CLUTTERBUCK IS LEAGUE LEADER IN HITS 3 STRAIGHT SEASONS

AND he's a 20 goal+ this year...boyle isn't yet a dominant faceoff winner

so 1.4 for Boyle

1.25 for 2 yrs for Anisimov

and 1 yr 2.8 for Callahan

as for Dubinsky...1 yr 2.75m or 3 yr 10m lets see how he shows consistent goals

better to be patient w/ the guys until they show that they are truly 1st line stars than to be stuck like Florida/ SJ/ Ottawa/ Edmonton overpaying 2nd/3rd liners top tier $

Ace2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:19 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
Add sauer to the list as well.

Anisimov 2 years at 2 mil.
Dubinsky 4 years at 4 mil.
Callahan 4 years at 3.5 mil.
Boyle 2 years at 1.25 mil.
Sauer 2 years at 1.25 mil.
i think callahan and dubinsky will get about the same amount. callahan currently makes $500k more. those are priorities.

i think prospal ($2.48m +$1.4m bonus), fedotenko ($1m), and obviously frolov($3m) will be gone. i dont know if drury ($7.05m) will even return. eminger ($1.125m) is a UFA and i feel he wont be back. we also have to take into consideration the summer cap and the resurfacing of the redden ($6.5m) contract.

according to capgeek, with a cap of $59.4million, for 2011-12 there are 15 players signed which totals $43.7million and almost $1.5 in bonuses, the projected cap space is going to be $15.7million. the rangers need to sign alot of guys and definitely at least 2 free agents that include a center and a veteran dman/pp qb. lets see how sather does this one. and lets see who throws offers to callahan and dubinsky. although i thought teams would salivate over marc staal, no one did so im sure the rangers will get them signed

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:36 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Andrew Ladd says he and #Thrashers are close to new contract. Still some details to finalize.
https://twitter.com/#!/ajcthrashers/...69098565058560

Cover your eyes

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:39 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I don't think Dubi touches 60 points this year if the team keeps playing like it has, that would help.

Is it too much wishful thinking believing that this rough strech could play positively into contract negotiations?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 03:22 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2008 View Post
BOYLE AND CLUTTERBUCK ARE IDENTICAL IN TERMS OF VALUE..CLUTTERBUCK IS LEAGUE LEADER IN HITS 3 STRAIGHT SEASONS

AND he's a 20 goal+ this year...boyle isn't yet a dominant faceoff winner

so 1.4 for Boyle

1.25 for 2 yrs for Anisimov

and 1 yr 2.8 for Callahan

as for Dubinsky...1 yr 2.75m or 3 yr 10m lets see how he shows consistent goals

better to be patient w/ the guys until they show that they are truly 1st line stars than to be stuck like Florida/ SJ/ Ottawa/ Edmonton overpaying 2nd/3rd liners top tier $
Just b/c you're not paying them top line money doesn't mean you shouldnt lock them up. What if they have career years next year and their prices go way up?

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I expect another Dubinsky hold out.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote