HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to an awful(fine, the last place) team once again.

Old
02-18-2011, 10:10 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
what do you call Picard and Nash ?
AHL defensemen

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
and they have the reigning art ross winner
and a potential art ross winner this year

they don't have trouble scoring like the habs do so all isnt lost when they give up 2-3-4 goals because they can score them back
Yup. They have two 100 point players in the Sedins. A great two-way forward in Kesler who's on pace for 40 goals this year and is the leading candidate for the Selke. They have great depth up front. Also, like someone else pointed out, they've only won two of their last 5 with all these injuries. Also, Bieksa only went down last game. So last night was the first time they played with one nhl defensemen ready and guess what? They lost.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Darth Joker

Quote:
what do you call Picard and Nash ?
I think I see what you're saying...

Let me rephrase then. Most of those 5D are not Top 4 D in the NHL. So our only Top 4 D last night that played the entire game were Subban and Hammer.

You're right that Nash isn't even a bottom pairing NHL D, really. Not yet anyway. And Picard is debatable...

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:15 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
AHL defensemen
and yet, I read here that our defense is fine...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:17 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Yup. They have two 100 point players in the Sedins. A great two-way forward in Kesler who's on pace for 40 goals this year and is the leading candidate for the Selke. They have great depth up front. Also, like someone else pointed out, they've only won two of their last 5 with all these injuries. Also, Bieksa only went down last game. So last night was the first time they played with one nhl defensemen ready and guess what? They lost.
exactly!

comparing the two teams is like apples and oranges as far as I am concerned

Old
02-18-2011, 10:18 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
and yet, I read here that our defense is fine...
that is as far from the truth as one could get hahah

Old
02-18-2011, 10:22 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I think I see what you're saying...

Let me rephrase then. Most of those 5D are not Top 4 D in the NHL. So our only Top 4 D last night that played the entire game were Subban and Hammer.

You're right that Nash isn't even a bottom pairing NHL D, really. Not yet anyway. And Picard is debatable...
That's about it...

we can blame our forward group for not scoring abainst the Oilers but even when all goes well we still dont score much... Camm return should help but it wont turn us into an offensive juggernaut...

when that's the kind of offense you have, your D corp becomes extremely important, if not vital... and our D corp right now consists of a vet, a 7th D and 3 rookies (including one who played his 2nd NHL game)...

we can blame our offense as much as we want but reality is, our D corp right now is the same caliber as the Oilers, NYI or Sens D corp...

Old
02-18-2011, 10:24 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
that is as far from the truth as one could get hahah
dont read only the last page...

Old
02-18-2011, 10:27 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
That's about it...

we can blame our forward group for not scoring abainst the Oilers but even when all goes well we still dont score much... Camm return should help but it wont turn us into an offensive juggernaut...

when that's the kind of offense you have, your D corp becomes extremely important, if not vital... and our D corp right now consists of a vet, a 7th D and 3 rookies (including one who played his 2nd NHL game)...

we can blame our offense as much as we want but reality is, our D corp right now is the same caliber as the Oilers, NYI or Sens D corp...
And yet, two of these teams beat us...

At one point, it's the forwards job to help the team win, espacially with all the injuries at defence.

I mean Plekanec (which is one of my favorite players btw) was invisible the last 2 games... and I won't talk about Gionta, because he seems to be utterly useless without a centreman that plays well. AK and Gomez are just keeping pace and Desharnais is a rokkie for christ sake.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:40 AM
baldrick

Quote:
That's about it...

So what is the caliber of our offense? The defense at least has the partial excuse of injuries but it seems Cammelleri's loss to the offense is much greater than Markov's and Gorges's loss to the defense. The defense had difficulty with the speed and especially skill of the young Edmonton forwards but the Hab's offense looked like pluggers.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:49 AM
gillyguzzler

Bob Hartley - does he even watch the games?

It was funny to listen to Hartley this morning on CKAC whine about Darche only playing 5 or 6 minutes while AK played 18 minutes.

Soon after, Danny Dubé comes on and he can't believe that Darche was even dressed considering how slow he was and that he was getting progressively slower as the game went on. Dubé said he hopes that Darche is injured because being that glaringly slow is a big problem if he's not.

Yet, Hartley would have sat AK for the glaringly slow and probably injured Darche.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:56 AM
TinordiandSubban

Very positive development to see Benny the Bullet playing like he cares. He was surly and snarly all night and pushing himself to make a difference.

There was also a flash of the old magic when he was reunited with Gomez and Gionta.

Can we see this in Calgary?

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammer-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Patches-DD-Eller
Moen-Halpern-White

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 11:12 AM
gillyguzzler

Those are the lines I'd go for... but keep them together for at least 5 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Very positive development to see Benny the Bullet playing like he cares. He was surly and snarly all night and pushing himself to make a difference.

There was also a flash of the old magic when he was reunited with Gomez and Gionta.

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Patches-DD-Eller
Moen-Halpern-White

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 11:13 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
Man. Pouliot is 3/3 for his fights as a Hab.The power forward we've been looking for?
actually he is awesome!!!

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
You call the Oilers an awful team but the reality is with Montreal's current defense and missing Cammalleri, their roster is worse than Edmontons.
Montreal went into tonight with two veteran defenseman, a star rookie defenseman and 3 AHLers and lost one of the vets early in the game. On a roster that isn't overly strong to begin with, this is gawd awful.

Gomez played decently yet racks up another -2 i believe and sits at - 18 for the year.

Honestly the defense played gutsy despite the mistakes. You can fault them. Fatigue and differing roles played a huge factor.

Abig where were you tonight to Pleks and Gionta.
I disagree on that...we have been playing 7 rookies for most of the season here. I don't think anyone has a worse roster than we do....and it shows lol. Once in a while, the Oilers will actually show up and play a decent game. Yes, your defense was tired agreed but Khabi played well for us tonight.

It was a good classic run and gun type hockey game - very fast.

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 11:16 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Bob Hartley - does he even watch the games?

It was funny to listen to Hartley this morning on CKAC whine about Darche only playing 5 or 6 minutes while AK played 18 minutes.

Soon after, Danny Dubé comes on and he can't believe that Darche was even dressed considering how slow he was and that he was getting progressively slower as the game went on. Dubé said he hopes that Darche is injured because being that glaringly slow is a big problem if he's not.

Yet, Hartley would have sat AK for the glaringly slow and probably injured Darche.
And that is why I love Dube so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Patches-DD-Eller
Moen-Halpern-White
those line are perfect, so NO SOUP for you, says JM

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kool Aid View Post
Origionally posted by: Kriss E: So, you like to compare us to the #1 NHL team at the moment?...Why?[/B]

MattKOTW brought up the comparison of the HABS to the Flyres....I was merely pointing out some "facts" regading the 2 teams which he was convienently overlooking.

Maybe...for some posters it would be more appropriate to compare the Habs to the last place team in the league...who have defeated the HABS 2X this season by the way.

KrisE... if you want your team to be the best you might as well compare them to the best, that way you will know what you need to do to reach the top!

I know you are a better poster than that.....no need (for you) to go on with extended DRIVEL.

Cheers dude!

GO HABS GO!
Actually, if you compare yourself to the best team every year in order to adjust your team, then you will constantly be changing.
This year it's the Flyers, last year it was Washington, year before Detroit, 06-07 Buffalo-Detroit, 05-06 Detroit. Only once since the lockout did the top team in the NHL end up winning the cup, Detroit in 07-08. These teams don't all play the same style.
Reaching the top is not what is important. You need to have a set vision of what you want your team to look like, aggressive, offensive, defensive, speedy, wtv. Once you have an idea, then you go about making it come through. You'll need to draft the appropriate players, sign UFAs and make trades in order to accomplish your vision.
In a nutshell, that's how you build your team.
Comparing yourself to Detroit, then Washington, then Philly, is going to make you go on different paths every year.
Also, Philly has been extremely lucky in terms of injuries. Only Pronger missed some actions, 15Games. I'd like to see where they would be had they lost Pronger and Coburn for the season, then Carle-Meszaros-Carter.
If you're going to compare our record to the Flyers's, then surely, you have to mention injuries.

People have to stop looking elsewhere. Focus on your team and realize we're playing very well with what we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
The D is no excuse. Vancouver is in the same boat as us and they're still getting it done.
Vancouver has the best offense in the NHL, you're really going to compare us to them?
We will see just how well they perform over a longer stretch with their Dmen out. They've been on a bad streak for now.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:11 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Our D tonight was an AHL caliber D.

Wizniewski was injured in the 1st, so we were down to 5 D for 55 minutes...and they were?

2 rookies (Weber-Subban)
1 AHL call-up playing his 2nd NHL game (Nash)
A 7th D who played 23 minutes tonight. (Picard)
Our only healthy regular D was a 36yr old Hamrlik who looked dead tired out there.

Team had no chance.

If some of you can't look at the facts and prefer bashing a team ravaged with injuries who is in 6th place of it's conference and still only 2pts back of the division lead...give your head a shake.
I would also like to add to that. First of all it's tough to win with 5D period, but when you have 3 rookies, a 7th D and an old vet mixed with 5 injuries...it's tougher.

On top of that Habs played well enough to win, if Moen can score on the ****ing open net and Kostitsyn on his breakaway, it's 2-0 Habs 5 minutes in and the Oilers mail it in in all likeliness.

Also, waking up this morning, Habs are sitting in 6th place in the conference, 2pts out of the division lead, 1pt out 5th place and 9pts up 9th place.

Also, Gill and Mara will most likely play Sunday which means no more Nash. If Wizniewski has no fracture, it also means no Picard.

Hamrlik-Subban
Weber-Wizniewski
Gill-Mara

How a difference it makes eh?

Add to that Cammalleri coming back and ready to play.

Yes, I like to look at things with objectivity and not emotions.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Yes, I like to look at things with objectivity and not emotions.
Lies and lulz, Harry. Lies and lulz.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote