HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa - Vancouver

Old
02-17-2011, 06:52 PM
NuxFan09

vCash: 500
Ottawa - Vancouver

Since the Senators seem to be having a firesale, I thought I'd come up with a proposal of my own. I don't know the ins and outs of the Canucks' cap situation with all the injuries to the D, so if this deal wouldn't work then just disregard.

To Ottawa: Raymond + 2011 1st round pick

To Vancouver: Michalek + Neil

Seems pretty fair to me. The Canucks get two crucial pieces for their Cup run and the Sens get yet another 1st and a solid 2nd line forward that they can build their team with.

I think Michalek would work really well with Kesler on the 2nd line and Neil is also just what the doctor ordered in Vancouver: a mean guy who can fight and also contribute on the scoresheet.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Michalek - Kesler - Samuelsson
Glass - Malhotra - Hansen
Torres - __________ - Neil

All the Canucks would need is a solid 4th line center to slot in between Torres and Neil and they'd have a nasty 4th line.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 06:54 PM
AntonRodin*

Cap?

AntonRodin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 06:59 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonRodin View Post
Cap?
As I said at the beginning of the post, I don't know jack about the Canucks' cap situation with all the injured D. I thought I heard somewhere that the silver lining with the injuries is that it frees up tons of cap space.

Again, if this doesn't work, PLEASE DISREGARD.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mstad101

No on Michalek, Raymond is a similar player for less cap hit, and fits the system already.
And no to a First for Neil.
I'd do a prospect like Shirokov n a 3rd round pick.

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Since the Senators seem to be having a firesale, I thought I'd come up with a proposal of my own. I don't know the ins and outs of the Canucks' cap situation with all the injuries to the D, so if this deal wouldn't work then just disregard.

To Ottawa: Raymond + 2011 1st round pick

To Vancouver: Michalek + Neil

Seems pretty fair to me. The Canucks get two crucial pieces for their Cup run and the Sens get yet another 1st and a solid 2nd line forward that they can build their team with.

I think Michalek would work really well with Kesler on the 2nd line and Neil is also just what the doctor ordered in Vancouver: a mean guy who can fight and also contribute on the scoresheet.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Michalek - Kesler - Samuelsson
Glass - Malhotra - Hansen
Torres - __________ - Neil

All the Canucks would need is a solid 4th line center to slot in between Torres and Neil and they'd have a nasty 4th line.
Tough to add both guys from a salary cap point of view. Might have a add a few more pieces. With Alberts on LTIR you might get away with it if you add Torres to the deal.

I would say with Torres as a salary dump the value is fair and I would do it.

Whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Agent007

Canucks don't have enough cap space to add both Michalek and Neil. They could find enough cap space to add Neil however.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 07:15 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
A low first and a guy who is probably a 2nd/3rd line tweener without all the offensive support that the Canucks have, for a 25-30 goal power forward on a good deal who is great in all 3 zones, and Neil, who is worth more to the Sens than what we'd get in a trade?

Sens pass. Its not horrid value, but not good enough.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 07:36 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
A low first and a guy who is probably a 2nd/3rd line tweener without all the offensive support that the Canucks have, for a 25-30 goal power forward on a good deal who is great in all 3 zones, and Neil, who is worth more to the Sens than what we'd get in a trade?

Could say the same thing about Micheleks success as a Shark as well there bud.
Has Milan even scored 25 in a Sens uni? I thought he hasn't played more than 60 games in each season being there.

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 08:12 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Has Milan even scored 25 in a Sens uni? I thought he hasn't played more than 60 games in each season being there.
First, he's only played one full season in a Sens uni, and he either scored 25 or very close to it (don't remember the exact number offhand). He did play over 60 games last year, 70-something IIRC. He even came back late in the year and tried to play hurt in the playoffs, but just couldn't go. He's finally fully healed from his knee surgery, and is flying and crashing the net and scoring again, and has been our best winger as of late. All this with an adjustment period for him last season, playing with a new team in a new city and country. He is good on the PP, PK, and ES. He is not available without overpayment. Fast, tough, young power forwards that can score like him are hard to come by.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Bobby Blowhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Michaelek is just getting up to speed from the surgery he had last season and as a result has been the SENS best player since christmas. I agree with everything internetdotcom said. Value is not quite horrid but there aren't many packages centred around Mason Raymond that will get you two of the SENS most consistent players, bud.

Bobby Blowhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Tarot Sport*

Mason Raymond is a top-6 forward on almost every NHL team in the league. He's not a tweener.

Tarot Sport* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Bobby Blowhard

Quote:
First, he's only played one full season in a Sens uni, and he either scored 25 or very close to it (don't remember the exact number offhand). He did play over 60 games last year, 70-something IIRC. He even came back late in the year and tried to play hurt in the playoffs, but just couldn't go. He's finally fully healed from his knee surgery, and is flying and crashing the net and scoring again, and has been our best winger as of late. All this with an adjustment period for him last season, playing with a new team in a new city and country. He is good on the PP, PK, and ES. He is not available without overpayment. Fast, tough, young power forwards that can score like him are hard to come by.
22 goals in 66 games on a horrid team last year.

Old
02-17-2011, 08:20 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Meh, I'd rather hang on to Michalek, just as I imagine Nucks fans would rather keep Raymond.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Bobby Blowhard

Hes a top 6 forward on MANY teams by virtue of good linemates. As a stand alone he wont put up top six points. SENS have nothing to surround him with meaning we would get 3rd line ES production of out of player playing second line minutes. no thanks.

Old
02-17-2011, 08:22 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
we still have to meet the cap floor next year.

I'd imagine it would be difficult to do so given the forward crop available at FA if we traded michalek as well.

02-18-2011, 09:06 AM
burgess1978

No from a Sens POV. Canucks 1st will be 25-30 and even with Raymond is not worth both of these guys.

IF the Canucks want forwards, Neil would be a goodf pickup for the playoffs, but D is the more pressing concern for Vancouver.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:02 AM
ronthecivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
No from a Sens POV. Canucks 1st will be 25-30 and even with Raymond is not worth both of these guys.

IF the Canucks want forwards, Neil would be a goodf pickup for the playoffs, but D is the more pressing concern for Vancouver.
Nothings pressing. The moose D can play out the rest of the regular season. So far everyone is still expected back for the playoffs, the only thing that matters.

We would like Neil though. What you want?

ronthecivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
They do want forwards. I think Gillis will stand firm with the current defense situation and use this newfound cap room to add some depth up front. I think Chris Neil could be of interest to Vancouver not not Chris Phillips. Gillis didn't go out and add two top 4 defenders to add depth to the defense so he could go and make a panic move at the deadline for another top 4 guy.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:54 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
As I said at the beginning of the post, I don't know jack about the Canucks' cap situation with all the injured D. I thought I heard somewhere that the silver lining with the injuries is that it frees up tons of cap space.

Again, if this doesn't work, PLEASE DISREGARD.
Not even close to enough cap. The only way the Canucks could do this is if Hamhuis is out until the playoffs.

Also the Canucks would not be able to sign basically any d-men this offseason after this move.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Richybaby

I wouldnt even move Raymond only for Michalek and Neil

Richybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Kelly went for a second, I'd give a third and a fifth for Neil, not a first and Raymond for Neil and Michalek. Not good value for the Canucks, we're just swapping underachieving players with Raymond and Michalek, but our guy is cheaper. Neil would be a good fourth liner to most Canuck fans, maybe even bumping Torres as a regular on the third line, but he doesn't get me excited, and this trade is definitely an overpayment for him.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 12:59 PM
LostMyGlasses*

No way the Canucks do this, if this is what prices are to upgrade Gillis will gladly stand pat.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 01:21 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:

Raymond is playing on the 2nd line for one of best teams in the NHL so I'm sure Raymond would be on the Sens top 6. Raymond also isn't injury prone and less of a cap hit for pretty much the same player but we don't have to worry about Raymond breaking down.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Haka

Raymond is a mainstay on the 2nd line of the most potent offense in the league.

Not sure how that fits the definition of a tweener.

Also not sure why the Canucks would make this trade. Maybe for Neil if we thought we needed more bottom 6 toughness, but Michalek makes no sense, for either team really.... Ottawa should hang on to him at least until he increases his value, if not as an integral part of their team moving forward.

Haka is offline   Reply With Quote