HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

was looking back at when Sather took over

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2005, 03:23 PM
  #1
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
was looking back at when Sather took over

and was trying to see exactly what we had in our cupboard. I found these little tidbits from player assignments from Sather's 1st camp:

October 3 - Assigned forwards Derek Armstrong, Manny Malhotra and Jeff Ulmer and goaltender Jean-Francois Labbe to Hartford of the American Hockey League.
Assigned forward Pavel Brendl to Calgary of the Western Hockey League and forward Jamie Lundmark to Moose Jaw of the Western Hockey League.

September 26 - Recalled right wing Jason Dawe from Hartford of the American Hockey Leeague and defenseman David Wilkie from Houston of the International Hockey League.

September 20 - Returned defenseman Filip Novak to his junior team.

September 19 - Reached an agreement for a try-out with defenseman Mike Mottau.

September 15, 2000- Assigned the following players to Hartford of the American Hockey League: defensemen Jeff Brown, Burke Henry, Kevin Holdridge, Wes Jarvis, Kevin Mitchell, Martin Richter and Alexei Vasiliev, forwards Mathieu Benoit, Ben Carpentier, Stefan Cherneski, Jason Dawe, Brandon Dietrich, Francois Fortier, Todd Hall, Mike Harder, Boyd Kane, Marty Melnychuk and Tony Tuzzulino and goaltenders Jason LaBarbera, Bryce Wandler and Vitali Yeremeyev.

September 8 - Signed defensemen Dale Purinton and Drew Bannister.

September 7 - Agreed to terms with forward Johan Witehall.

September 1 - Agreed to terms on a contract with right wing Jason Dawe.

August 30 - Agreed to terms with center Derek Armstrong.

Be interesting to compare this list with the list from when camp breaks this year.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Old
07-20-2005, 03:31 PM
  #2
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
I wouldn't do the comparisons...

just yet. Give it a few years and it would make more sense - as lists of players who haven't been in the NHL don't really bolster your case too much. The list would be probably about as many guys who haven't played in the NHL as were on that list.

Fletch is offline  
Old
07-20-2005, 05:33 PM
  #3
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
and was trying to see exactly what we had in our cupboard. I found these little tidbits from player assignments from Sather's 1st camp:

October 3 - Assigned forwards Derek Armstrong, Manny Malhotra and Jeff Ulmer and goaltender Jean-Francois Labbe to Hartford of the American Hockey League.
Assigned forward Pavel Brendl to Calgary of the Western Hockey League and forward Jamie Lundmark to Moose Jaw of the Western Hockey League.

September 26 - Recalled right wing Jason Dawe from Hartford of the American Hockey Leeague and defenseman David Wilkie from Houston of the International Hockey League.

September 20 - Returned defenseman Filip Novak to his junior team.

September 19 - Reached an agreement for a try-out with defenseman Mike Mottau.

September 15, 2000- Assigned the following players to Hartford of the American Hockey League: defensemen Jeff Brown, Burke Henry, Kevin Holdridge, Wes Jarvis, Kevin Mitchell, Martin Richter and Alexei Vasiliev, forwards Mathieu Benoit, Ben Carpentier, Stefan Cherneski, Jason Dawe, Brandon Dietrich, Francois Fortier, Todd Hall, Mike Harder, Boyd Kane, Marty Melnychuk and Tony Tuzzulino and goaltenders Jason LaBarbera, Bryce Wandler and Vitali Yeremeyev.

September 8 - Signed defensemen Dale Purinton and Drew Bannister.

September 7 - Agreed to terms with forward Johan Witehall.

September 1 - Agreed to terms on a contract with right wing Jason Dawe.

August 30 - Agreed to terms with center Derek Armstrong.

Be interesting to compare this list with the list from when camp breaks this year.

Look how Army did with the Kings. Not bad for a guy who has not played that many games in the NHL.. Look what players can do if u give them a fair shot. Too bad he was an AHL all star/4th liner.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
07-20-2005, 05:34 PM
  #4
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,022
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
and was trying to see exactly what we had in our cupboard. I found these little tidbits from player assignments from Sather's 1st camp:

October 3 - Assigned forwards Derek Armstrong, Manny Malhotra and Jeff Ulmer and goaltender Jean-Francois Labbe to Hartford of the American Hockey League.
Assigned forward Pavel Brendl to Calgary of the Western Hockey League and forward Jamie Lundmark to Moose Jaw of the Western Hockey League.

September 26 - Recalled right wing Jason Dawe from Hartford of the American Hockey Leeague and defenseman David Wilkie from Houston of the International Hockey League.

September 20 - Returned defenseman Filip Novak to his junior team.

September 19 - Reached an agreement for a try-out with defenseman Mike Mottau.

September 15, 2000- Assigned the following players to Hartford of the American Hockey League: defensemen Jeff Brown, Burke Henry, Kevin Holdridge, Wes Jarvis, Kevin Mitchell, Martin Richter and Alexei Vasiliev, forwards Mathieu Benoit, Ben Carpentier, Stefan Cherneski, Jason Dawe, Brandon Dietrich, Francois Fortier, Todd Hall, Mike Harder, Boyd Kane, Marty Melnychuk and Tony Tuzzulino and goaltenders Jason LaBarbera, Bryce Wandler and Vitali Yeremeyev.

September 8 - Signed defensemen Dale Purinton and Drew Bannister.

September 7 - Agreed to terms with forward Johan Witehall.

September 1 - Agreed to terms on a contract with right wing Jason Dawe.

August 30 - Agreed to terms with center Derek Armstrong.

Be interesting to compare this list with the list from when camp breaks this year.
I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove or point out.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
07-20-2005, 06:22 PM
  #5
Rangers_23
Beuke!
 
Rangers_23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Land of Entrapment
Country: United States
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Ahhh them were the days. Back when Brendl still had all the potential in the world.

Rangers_23 is offline  
Old
07-20-2005, 06:50 PM
  #6
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Only to illustrate how truly sad our prospects were

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove or point out.
for figuratively and literally.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Old
07-20-2005, 06:52 PM
  #7
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
No, I understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
just yet. Give it a few years and it would make more sense - as lists of players who haven't been in the NHL don't really bolster your case too much. The list would be probably about as many guys who haven't played in the NHL as were on that list.
But I think this year's Hartford squad will be loaded with a heck of a lot more potential then the one from Sather's 1st year.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.