HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings @ Islanders; New Practice Lines

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
That "****ing idiot" coach has this team on a 9-0-2 run, btw

Old
02-18-2011, 01:39 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
That "****ing idiot" coach has this team on a 9-0-2 run, btw
8-0-3

Old
02-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Hope it doesn't get serious.

NotHelen:
Saw Mitchell w/2 huge ice packs last nite so could be just maintenance.

Mitchell and Johnson were maintenance days...Johnson has lower body strain but likely to play. Mitchell bruise, likely to play.

Hammond:
Terry Murray called this a “therapy day” for Jack Johnson and Willie Mitchell, noting that Mitchell had suffered a “lower-body bruise” early in the game and had played through it and that Johnson had “a little strain.” That’s about as descriptive as it’s going to get. Both players are expected to play tomorrow but will be evaluated again around the time of the morning skate.

Last edited by Cruel11: 02-18-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old
02-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Loktionov will probably be back in Manch when Sturm gets back anyways. Definitely when Parse gets back. It's a shame but we have too many guys on one way deals unless we make a trade.

I hope you're wrong, but fear you are right.
With him moving to Center all of the sudden we were rolling 3 lines capable of being consistently dangerous and a threat to score ... and it sparked our #2 PP Unit too ...

If he's sent down for that reason, that seems to me like a bad decision. If DL consciously decides to weaken our chances this year just to avoid the risk of losing one of the guys who has been riding the pine most of the year anyway ... I don't like it.

If he's sent down because they feel he can't contribute in a meaningful way this year, then that's at least better.

Old
02-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
Let's be real here Loktionov showed way too much creativity and smarts, once Murray sucks the creativity out of him he'll be slotted accordingly.
He also made a couple poor plays with the puck that cost the Kings. I like the Kid, and he needs to be playing center ice and on a top line, but I think the guy's gunna get sent back to the Manch once Sturm or Parse are back (plus a potential trade to add a forward). And I have no problem with that. He's very young and still has some learning to do on the defensive side of the puck.

Old
02-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Uhhhh no Loki tommorow. More Westgarth the Great!

Quote:
Murray said he will likely go with a fourth line of Alexei Ponikarovsky, Trevor Lewis and Kevin Westgarth, meaning Andrei Loktionov would be a healthy scratch and Marco Sturm will stay on injured reserve.

Old
02-18-2011, 01:52 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Richardson goes from being a healthy scratch to being on the first line. I think this is a demotion for Kopitar, to be honest lol

Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Handzus-Brown
Richardson-Kopitar-Simmonds
blah-Lewis-blah

Old
02-18-2011, 01:53 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Murray said he will likely go with a fourth line of Alexei Ponikarovsky, Trevor Lewis and Kevin Westgarth, meaning Andrei Loktionov would be a healthy scratch and Marco Sturm will stay on injured reserve. More on Murray’s thoughts on Loktionov, and other notes and quotes, to come…
www.lakingsinsider.com

Old
02-18-2011, 02:06 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Are you ****ing kidding me TM, scratching Lokti? He's been getting so much better and now you scratch him for a sandbag, un****ingbelievable. I had a feeling they would send him back down, but to scratch him for Westgarth is insane.

Old
02-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me TM, scratching Lokti? He's been getting so much better and now you scratch him for a sandbag, un****ingbelievable. I had a feeling they would send him back down, but to scratch him for Westgarth is insane.
Aren't the Islanders goons still suspended? Doesn't seem like a smart move.

Old
02-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Alternate Jersey

the obvious explanation is putting westgarth in because of the islanders' recent style of play...but as Cruel mentioned, the goons are still out, and in any case, we're not the penguins.

nonetheless, against BUF, NYI did get a 10 minute misconduct--though i think it was the result of a charge by a BUF player. their next game had a few cross-checks, and nothing else too nasty by way of penalties. but then in their last game, against BOS, an NYI player got an unsportsmanlike and a fighting major, and another player received a misconduct later in the game.

so, i'd say TM is still going off the physicality factor, since the islanders seem to still be playing relatively dirty, despite the fact that the goons are out. i'm not saying i agree with the move, and i'm not really sure that i do, but that's probably his thinking. we'll see what he does after this game. although, that involves a game against the ducks, which is always physical.

Last edited by Alternate Jersey: 02-18-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: clarity
Old
02-18-2011, 02:24 PM
KingLB

How Poni hasn't been benched by Murray for the rest of the season baffles me....I'm not sure I've ever seen a stupider penalty...

As to the "Islanders goons" Gilles was suspended, but they still have Konopka...

While I am not in favor of sitting Loki, he is sorta starting to take on a cult hero following around here. He has been decent but not the offensive wizard many are touting him so far. He has been really opportunistic (not a bad thing) so far which may have given people an exaggerated view of how good he has been. (similar to when Randy Jones first got to the Kings)

Old
02-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Aren't the Islanders goons still suspended? Doesn't seem like a smart move.
I think you underestimate how many goons they got :-)
Lucky us we (hopefully) haven't pissed them off too much recently.

Old
02-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Islanders are very physical (with Gillies or whoever in OR out) and Westgarth should play. It sucks to leave somebody out but that's just the way it goes.

Old
02-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
That's brutal. Centerman can't do that poorly in faceoffs on the road in particular. Murray makes his share of head-scratcher decisions. This isn't one of them.

I'm a big supporter of Loki but I've got to agree with you and TM. Guy's going to be good but in some of these hard checking games he's still getting muscled off his game. I'm not sure why people are jumping up and down if they'd been watching the game they'd have seen the same thing. That's more important is that it wasn't just the rangers game. He's been having similar problems earlier.

I think it's just what you have to deal with with a rookie.

As for Chemistry. I don't think that matters in hockey. If you'd watch some of the other teams play they're moving people around as least as much as the Kings if not more. If anything TM is consistent on that. He tries to keep players in pairs and those pairs are rarely changed.

I'm also glad B-Richardson is getting back on the ice. I don't think he is a top-6 player but he's going to be someone who's going to end up having a great year for someone...

Old
02-18-2011, 03:18 PM
SLang

I'm backing Murray on this one.

* Kings should be able to beat the Islanders with this lineup.

* While we obviously want the two points, this is an intraconference game, so there's no 4 point swing for a loss. Technically, the Kings can afford to lose this game (at least more so than the games after this). Speaks to not icing the absolute most offensively-talented team against the Islanders.

* Kings are gearing up for a serious stretch against conf/div rivals. To have the Islanders take multiple runs at Kings players with no consequence, potentially taking a key player out due to injury, would be stupid (and would make this board FREAK on TM).

* If you blamed TM for the poor play last month, you have to give credit for this month.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:58 PM
redcard

Yeah, mark me in the "not too concerned" category.

We need more success in faceoffs, which means moving Zues back to center.....and I'd rather have Lewis on the 4th than Lokti.

If we lose to the Islanders, it's not going to be because of Murray's line combinations, its because 19 guys didn't step up and play to their abilities against a far inferior team. Period.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:04 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Loktionov has been one of the better Kings forwards, so it makes sense that TM healthy scratches him.

But anyways.. People actually STILL think Parse is worthy of a roster spot?

Old
02-18-2011, 04:40 PM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I'm backing Murray on this one.

* Kings should be able to beat the Islanders with this lineup.

* While we obviously want the two points, this is an intraconference game, so there's no 4 point swing for a loss. Technically, the Kings can afford to lose this game (at least more so than the games after this). Speaks to not icing the absolute most offensively-talented team against the Islanders.

* Kings are gearing up for a serious stretch against conf/div rivals. To have the Islanders take multiple runs at Kings players with no consequence, potentially taking a key player out due to injury, would be stupid (and would make this board FREAK on TM).

* If you blamed TM for the poor play last month, you have to give credit for this month.
Agree. I'm okay with the changes for now. Tomorrow will be a bloodbath.

And, honestly, I'm hoping for a brawl.

Old
02-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Duc620

Loki is young and still undeveloped physically. He's not ready - especially for this part of the season. He's going to be a great player for us. I prefer he not be injured. Again. And lose another few months off the ice. Again. Wise move by TM.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:26 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

... My take on it - I don't see how Loktionov will learn how to win draws in the NHL without taking draws in the NHL. If that means he has to lose the majority of them for the rest of the year, well guess what? That's psrt of the growing pains of breaking in a rookie.

Scratching Loktionov in favor of playing Westgarth is ridiculously stupid. I understand that NHL players aren't delicate snowflakes or anything, but I can't imagine seeing Loktionov's confidence improve with a relocation to the bench.

As for the Islanders, and what happened with the Penguins a little while back - didn't they have some issues with one another going into that game? I don't see where anything like that would take place against the Kings, and I'd have to think that the Islanders would be watched extra carefully by the officials precisely because of what happened in the game against Pittsburgh. I can't see where it's necessary at all for the Kings to start Westgarth and play a man short for yet another game.

Old
02-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Uhhhh no Loki tommorow. More Westgarth the Great!
Bit of a head scratcher i know TM has us on this streak but Westgarth hasnt done much and Loki gives us 3-4 roll-able lines

Old
02-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Fishhead

I think this is a more of Lokti out for Richardson rather than a Lokti out for Westgarth thing.

Richardson has been out, he needs to play to stay sharp. I really don't see what the big deal of giving a rookie a night off against a tough team is.

Old
02-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
I think this is a more of Lokti out for Richardson rather than a Lokti out for Westgarth thing.

Richardson has been out, he needs to play to stay sharp. I really don't see what the big deal of giving a rookie a night off against a tough team is.
I fully agree actually but whats the problem with starting Richie and Loki?

Old
02-18-2011, 10:50 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

What a great opportunity for putting some breathing room between the Kings and 8th with other teams doing us a favor tonight.

Closed Thread