HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XI

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2011, 03:09 PM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
A SJ beat writer wrote it. Ian White would make sense for SJ. And the trade has happened. Derek Joslin to Carolina for future considerations.
That's his what 4th team in a year??

Old
02-18-2011, 03:14 PM
R0CKET

Seems like Toronto really made themselves a nice deal.

I watched Colborne play in Denver the previous few years - they guy has a ton of offensive scoring skill, is huge, and can skate. Plus the picks for a tam that doesn't have any 1st rounders for a few years.

Colborne was one of the guys I really was hoping LA might be able to pry away from the Bruins if we could.

Good deal for the Leafs IMO.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:15 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Looks like Ian White is going somewhere, but where?

Old
02-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Looks like Ian White is going somewhere, but where?
Bob McKenzie just wrote he is going to San Jose, details being finalized.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:21 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Well....(besides the fact that everytime I quote someone on here since avatars are gone it seems to always be you) so many people on here scream "Dean make a move!!" but give no real explanation or thought to it. There are probably dozens of moves DL could make (similar to the Ducks right now) When in reality there are only a handful of players if that that would even make since for the Kings to acquire. And everyone one of those players will cost a hefty sum. But if DL doesn't pay through the nose (like I believe Bos just did) then he is blasted on here for "not making a move".
True. I don't want a minor deal just for the sake of it, unless its another Sturm like move to bolster the bottom 6 (someone you don't mind scratching mostly but can jump in and play 10 quality minutes when you need them) and doesn't cost anything more than a low pick or whatever prospect.

I think some of us get agitated because we worry that Dean is TOO cautious and won't have the guts to pull the trigger on a move that has a high risk/reward factor. I want to see some balls in a move that has the potential to really pay off. I don't really believe in 'sure things', and I feel Dean may get so wrapped up in getting a sure thing that some potential great trades will pass him by.

Like say (hypothetically) that NJ says "fine, give us Simmonds, Voynov, Jones and a 1st and we'll give you Parise." I would want Dean to pull the trigger but would worry that Dean will hedge too much and let such a potential deal pass him by while banking on that 1st being a good pick and Simmonds becoming a 25 goal scorer.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Like say (hypothetically) that NJ says "fine, give us Simmonds, Voynov, Jones and a 1st and we'll give you Parise." I would want Dean to pull the trigger but would worry that Dean will hedge too much and let such a potential deal pass him by while banking on that 1st being a good pick and Simmonds becoming a 25 goal scorer.
Then you have the full extent of the spectrum like me who would trade Bernier, Forbort, Simmonds, and a 1st for Parise

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-18-2011, 03:41 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Ian White to San Jose is official now.

We're still waiting impatiently, Deano.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:42 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

yaaaay avatars are back

edit: nvm they're gone again

Old
02-18-2011, 03:48 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Boston overpaid for Kaberle and are doing the make a one year run team ideal thing imo though they have the wealth that they got from TO.

Col made a good deal, Elliot is useful and who knows on Anderson.

I have yet to see a deal this season that makes me feel like we have missed out on anything yet.
Did they really though? Their 1st is probably going to be a late pick and Colborne still has a ways to go. Add in that they this move weakens Toronto which will improve the 1st rounder of theirs that Boston has for this year. Its a move that helps them now and potentially far into future.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:48 PM
piston

Send a message via AIM to piston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Then you have the full extent of the spectrum like me who would trade Bernier, Forbort, Simmonds, and a 1st for Parise
This is the deal that seems to make the most sense. Switch Voynov for Forbort as we may lose the former anyway.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:50 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Feels like today is the trade deadline with all these moves. Actual trade deadline is gonna be a lot more boring now.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

I hope we see news that Hemsky has been traded to the Kings.

Old
02-18-2011, 03:57 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Did they really though? Their 1st is probably going to be a late pick and Colborne still has a ways to go. Add in that they this move weakens Toronto which will improve the 1st rounder of theirs that Boston has for this year. Its a move that helps them now and potentially far into future.
And after the playoffs when TK is a free agent it will have been quite an overpayment for a playoff run.

To me, after watching a ton of TO games the past three years (neighbor and friend are demented) I have noticed three major flaws in TK's game that appear to be due to a deterioration of skills more than just developing bad habits due to being on a terrible team.

He is slowing down and favor's his left leg for his thrust mechanics which points to some sort of long term injury. It isn't terrible but he has slowed.

He is very often late getting into defencive position.

He has lost his ability to play anything other than north south and for a guy who's key attribute is that he is an exceptional skater each of those are bad signs.

I also am just a huge fan of Colborne and think that he is one of those kids you hang onto.

In the end its allot to pay for an aging one dimensional highly over rated defenceman but hey, if Boston see's the value really who am I to disagree?

Its all guesswork for us anyways really.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:01 PM
damacles1156

Boston got taken to the Cleaners, They gave up way too much for the guys they received.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Here is a bit of unofficial news of a sort that you can take for what is worth.

We as an org have placed a high value on Oscar Moller and expect him to be in our line up next season unless we receive an offer that we can't refuse according to some people or person(s) in the org I recently heard.

Again, take it for what its worth but up until today I had thought that we have simply lost interest but now I believe that isn't the case at all.

Good to hear anyways.

Maybe one of the best moves DL will make during this deadline will be not moving OM.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:10 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:

We as an org have placed a high value on Oscar Moller and expect him to be in our line up next season unless we receive an offer that we can't refuse according to some people or person(s) in the org I recently heard.

Again, take it for what its worth but up until today I had thought that we have simply lost interest but now I believe that isn't the case at all.

Good to hear anyways.

Maybe one of the best moves DL will make during this deadline will be not moving OM.
I've always wanted to hang onto Oscar.

He has too much skill combined with just about the biggest heart of any Kings player I've seen in like 5 years other than Quick to not be a successful NHL player.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:11 PM
KingLB

Quote:

Good to hear anyways.

Without getting to far ahead of myself and you. Wonder what that says about Simmonds going into the TD and Williams going into FA.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:14 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I agree.

I was surprised to hear this but it put a smile on my face. If the plan is for OM to be on the team next season then he fills a hole that I see us having and is an upgrade to boot.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:18 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Without getting to far ahead of myself and you. Wonder what that says about Simmonds going into the TD and Williams going into FA.
Also interesting ideas. I haven't heard anything about either of these guys today but I have heard that DL is offering Simmonds as a potential piece of at least one trade. I know that DL still holds WS as a very valuable asset so if he were to be dealt it would be a significant move in my opinion.

I also wonder what our offer to JW will be, based on what DL typically does I don't expect him (JW) to be on the team next year but who knows.

Old
JDM
HFB Partner

Moller-Kopi-Hemsky

Little bit oh everything there sans hitting, but that is what:

Clifford-Stoll-Brown 3rd line is for

Old
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:

Good to hear anyways.

Name & Title of source or didn't happen

Old
02-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I believe Moller is being used as a LW in Manchester, so there may be room for him to compete for a spot on one of the top two LW spots. There will be a few openings on LW with Ponikarovsky and Sturm being UFAs.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:19 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Name & Title of source or didn't happen
Nothing ever happens here unless Hammond or TSN say so.

Empiricism doesn't even hold water 'round these parts.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:21 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Eric Brewer going to St. Louis according to Bob Mckenzie lol.. So Avs & Blues are sellers now?

Old
02-18-2011, 04:23 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Eric Brewer going to St. Louis according to Bob Mckenzie lol.. So Avs & Blues are sellers now?
Erm... St. Louis traded Brewer to themselves?

Closed Thread