HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2011, 03:58 PM
  #1
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,601
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Eklund finally takes the stand:


__________________

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:00 PM
  #2
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,702
vCash: 567
The NHL trade deadline got trolled today

DAkings20 is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:05 PM
  #3
KingLB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
The NHL trade deadline got trolled today
Today is gonna cost TSN millions in advertising on the 28th....and help Canada's economy because now there is no reason to call in sick on the 28th.

KingLB is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:07 PM
  #4
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
What is a logical trade w/ EDM to get Penner and Hemsky?

I'd like to see those two w/Kopitar.

Let Williams walk at the end of the year and you could put Brown with Stoll and Smyth next season.

Youngblood93 is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:08 PM
  #5
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,188
vCash: 500
Hard to tell how all this is going to effect what we need to improve, we're not after Ds or Cs, or 3rd-4th line depth which is essentially what these trades seem to be centered around. Frolik, Versteeg, and Wheeler are the offensive wingers that have been moved and none of them are really what we're looking for. The guys like Hemsky, Penner, and Booth are all still available and none of them are really comparable to the players that have been moved. So does this mean their price rises or is the demand for these players less than what was initially thought?

redcard is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:10 PM
  #6
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
What is a logical trade w/ EDM to get Penner and Hemsky?

I'd like to see those two w/Kopitar.

Let Williams walk at the end of the year and you could put Brown with Stoll and Smyth next season.

Williams>Hemsky

Cook24 is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:13 PM
  #7
swany
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Hard to tell how all this is going to effect what we need to improve, we're not after Ds or Cs, or 3rd-4th line depth which is essentially what these trades seem to be centered around. Frolik, Versteeg, and Wheeler are the offensive wingers that have been moved and none of them are really what we're looking for. The guys like Hemsky, Penner, and Booth are all still available and none of them are really comparable to the players that have been moved. So does this mean their price rises or is the demand for these players less than what was initially thought?
Hard to tell I know that Edmonotn has asked for Schenn in a deal for Hemsky but that's why there is no deal D.L. isn't crazy

swany is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:13 PM
  #8
nki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Hard to tell how all this is going to effect what we need to improve, we're not after Ds or Cs, or 3rd-4th line depth which is essentially what these trades seem to be centered around. Frolik, Versteeg, and Wheeler are the offensive wingers that have been moved and none of them are really what we're looking for. The guys like Hemsky, Penner, and Booth are all still available and none of them are really comparable to the players that have been moved. So does this mean their price rises or is the demand for these players less than what was initially thought?
There just isn't much out there as far as wingers go this year, trade or free agency, heck Williams is one of the top wingers eligible if not the best one. Dean will have to work some magic to make it work.

nki is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:19 PM
  #9
Tikkanen
Pest
 
Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,289
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
There just isn't much out there as far as wingers go this year, trade or free agency, heck Williams is one of the top wingers eligible if not the best one. Dean will have to work some magic to make it work.
Agreed. Williams is going to cash in on July 1st. Given LA's depth on RW and the FACT that Dean Lombardi doesn't outbid ANYBODY I doubt Williams is a King after this season.

Tikkanen is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:22 PM
  #10
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Agreed. Williams is going to cash in on July 1st. Given LA's depth on RW and the FACT that Dean Lombardi doesn't outbid ANYBODY I doubt Williams is a King after this season.
Seems like a good enough justification to avoid trading significant assets for any players within 2 years of being a UFA. Ergo, no Hemsky or Penner.

Either that or you are advocating getting rid of DL or having AEG sell the team...or both.

tomd is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:26 PM
  #11
swany
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Seems like a good enough justification to avoid trading significant assets for any players within 2 years of being a UFA. Ergo, no Hemsky or Penner.

Either that or you are advocating getting rid of DL or having AEG sell the team...or both.
Well williams is a UFA this year Hemsky still has another year after this.

swany is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:28 PM
  #12
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
Well williams is a UFA this year Hemsky still has another year after this.
so you are advocating trading significant assets for 1 year of Hemsky????

tomd is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:28 PM
  #13
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
tomd is paranoid about anyone and everyone's contract expiring. As if teams never lose players.

JDM is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:29 PM
  #14
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,101
vCash: 500
I don't see the Kings getting Hemsky or Penner.

Rather spend the money on Williams new short term contract, and keep the assets we have now.

DryIslandBartender is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:30 PM
  #15
Tikkanen
Pest
 
Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,289
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
tomd is paranoid about anyone and everyone's contract expiring. As if teams never lose players.
Or that players cannot be signed to extensions or re-signed. We all know Lombardi doesn't oubid but it could happen one day. Facts and opinions tomd, work with them.

Tikkanen is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:31 PM
  #16
swany
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
so you are advocating trading significant assets for 1 year of Hemsky????
What did Boston just give up for 3 months of Kaberle. Top prospect, a 1st and a conditional second that's what the market is. Hemsky is a top 3 on most teams he is for sure on the kings plus an extra year worth alot compared to what's beeing thrown around

swany is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:31 PM
  #17
Haik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Williams>Hemsky
Nope.com

Haik is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:33 PM
  #18
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I don't see the Kings getting Hemsky or Penner.

Rather spend the money on Williams new short term contract, and keep the assets we have now.
Williams will not sign a short term contract. He will be looking for a 4/5 year deal

Youngblood93 is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:34 PM
  #19
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I don't see the Kings getting Hemsky or Penner.

Rather spend the money on Williams new short term contract, and keep the assets we have now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Williams>Hemsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
Nope.com
nope.com - agreed.

Hemsky > Williams

Youngblood93 is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:36 PM
  #20
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
tomd is paranoid about anyone and everyone's contract expiring. As if teams never lose players.
Perhaps - but do you deny that the risk of losing a pending UFA is at least 50%? Do you deny that the majority of UFA's leave their present teams for greener pastures? Do you think that the risk of losing a player like Hemsky in 1 year justifies trading assets like Simmonds, Voynov, Moller, or whomever/whatever Edmonton is asking for?

I don't and that is the difference between you and me. I am also not deluded enough to think that one player for one year is going to make a difference.

tomd is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:36 PM
  #21
Tikkanen
Pest
 
Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,289
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Seems like a good enough justification to avoid trading significant assets for any players within 2 years of being a UFA. Ergo, no Hemsky or Penner.

Either that or you are advocating getting rid of DL or having AEG sell the team...or both.
I simply stated my opinion that I don't think Williams will get re-signed by the Kings. I'm not even going to comment on your second sentence. They have absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of Williams not being re-signed.

Tikkanen is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:38 PM
  #22
Jwm1986
Registered User
 
Jwm1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
The fact is this: Dean Lombardi is a bargain shopper....he only shops at the thrift stores and outlet stores....

For some reason he wont pay full value, even if hes getting used goods in return....

Look at all the deals hes made, almost every single player was coming off serious injuries....he does this because it costs less and he justifies it by hoping the player will get back to form....

It comes down to this, he needs to make a serious move to keep up with the rest of the conference...no more of this " we need our players to be better and grow"

Its time to ship off a few of our top end prospects....there is no way we could use all of them anyway....there is only so much room....yeah i know it would be nice to wait a few years and see who pans out and is the best, but thats part of the game...you have to take a gamble once in a while....

Stick all your money in t-bills and see how much you make off of it in 5 years....thats his motto and he needs to adjust it slighlty if were gonna be serious cup contenders....

Jwm1986 is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:39 PM
  #23
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
What did Boston just give up for 3 months of Kaberle. Top prospect, a 1st and a conditional second that's what the market is. Hemsky is a top 3 on most teams he is for sure on the kings plus an extra year worth alot compared to what's beeing thrown around
I don't think the Kings can afford to give up those type of assets at this point of where the team is at.

Just too much to give up for a team that just made the playoffs last season, and are still learning how to be a consistent playoff team. We're not even Cup contenders like the Flyers, who are dumping assets for a major run at the Cup. We just can't afford to toss first round picks, top prospects for a player that is only going to stick around for a year and a half.

If we're talking Booth, I would be more in favor of that move. Its a long term contract and fits in with the Kings plans.

DryIslandBartender is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:40 PM
  #24
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
What did Boston just give up for 3 months of Kaberle. Top prospect, a 1st and a conditional second that's what the market is. Hemsky is a top 3 on most teams he is for sure on the kings plus an extra year worth alot compared to what's beeing thrown around
What Boston or any other team does is of no concern to me. History may prove they made a good decision or a terrible one. But I guess if you are giving points for audacity then Boston is a winner.

tomd is offline  
Old
02-18-2011, 04:41 PM
  #25
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I simply stated my opinion that I don't think Williams will get re-signed by the Kings. I'm not even going to comment on your second sentence. They have absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of Williams not being re-signed.
No, you SPECIFICALLY called out Lombardi as the reason that Williams would not sign with the Kings...hence my 2nd question is quite valid.

tomd is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.