HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Eklund finally takes the stand:

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
02-18-2011, 04:00 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 567
The NHL trade deadline got trolled today

Old
02-18-2011, 04:05 PM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
The NHL trade deadline got trolled today
Today is gonna cost TSN millions in advertising on the 28th....and help Canada's economy because now there is no reason to call in sick on the 28th.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Youngblood93

What is a logical trade w/ EDM to get Penner and Hemsky?

I'd like to see those two w/Kopitar.

Let Williams walk at the end of the year and you could put Brown with Stoll and Smyth next season.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:08 PM
redcard

Hard to tell how all this is going to effect what we need to improve, we're not after Ds or Cs, or 3rd-4th line depth which is essentially what these trades seem to be centered around. Frolik, Versteeg, and Wheeler are the offensive wingers that have been moved and none of them are really what we're looking for. The guys like Hemsky, Penner, and Booth are all still available and none of them are really comparable to the players that have been moved. So does this mean their price rises or is the demand for these players less than what was initially thought?

Old
02-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
What is a logical trade w/ EDM to get Penner and Hemsky?

I'd like to see those two w/Kopitar.

Let Williams walk at the end of the year and you could put Brown with Stoll and Smyth next season.

Williams>Hemsky

Old
02-18-2011, 04:13 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Hard to tell how all this is going to effect what we need to improve, we're not after Ds or Cs, or 3rd-4th line depth which is essentially what these trades seem to be centered around. Frolik, Versteeg, and Wheeler are the offensive wingers that have been moved and none of them are really what we're looking for. The guys like Hemsky, Penner, and Booth are all still available and none of them are really comparable to the players that have been moved. So does this mean their price rises or is the demand for these players less than what was initially thought?
Hard to tell I know that Edmonotn has asked for Schenn in a deal for Hemsky but that's why there is no deal D.L. isn't crazy

Old
02-18-2011, 04:13 PM
nki

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
There just isn't much out there as far as wingers go this year, trade or free agency, heck Williams is one of the top wingers eligible if not the best one. Dean will have to work some magic to make it work.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
There just isn't much out there as far as wingers go this year, trade or free agency, heck Williams is one of the top wingers eligible if not the best one. Dean will have to work some magic to make it work.
Agreed. Williams is going to cash in on July 1st. Given LA's depth on RW and the FACT that Dean Lombardi doesn't outbid ANYBODY I doubt Williams is a King after this season.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:22 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Agreed. Williams is going to cash in on July 1st. Given LA's depth on RW and the FACT that Dean Lombardi doesn't outbid ANYBODY I doubt Williams is a King after this season.
Seems like a good enough justification to avoid trading significant assets for any players within 2 years of being a UFA. Ergo, no Hemsky or Penner.

Either that or you are advocating getting rid of DL or having AEG sell the team...or both.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:26 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Seems like a good enough justification to avoid trading significant assets for any players within 2 years of being a UFA. Ergo, no Hemsky or Penner.

Either that or you are advocating getting rid of DL or having AEG sell the team...or both.
Well williams is a UFA this year Hemsky still has another year after this.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:28 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
Well williams is a UFA this year Hemsky still has another year after this.
so you are advocating trading significant assets for 1 year of Hemsky????

Old
02-18-2011, 04:28 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

tomd is paranoid about anyone and everyone's contract expiring. As if teams never lose players.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:29 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

I don't see the Kings getting Hemsky or Penner.

Rather spend the money on Williams new short term contract, and keep the assets we have now.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
tomd is paranoid about anyone and everyone's contract expiring. As if teams never lose players.
Or that players cannot be signed to extensions or re-signed. We all know Lombardi doesn't oubid but it could happen one day. Facts and opinions tomd, work with them.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:31 PM
swany

Quote:
so you are advocating trading significant assets for 1 year of Hemsky????
What did Boston just give up for 3 months of Kaberle. Top prospect, a 1st and a conditional second that's what the market is. Hemsky is a top 3 on most teams he is for sure on the kings plus an extra year worth alot compared to what's beeing thrown around

Old
02-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Williams>Hemsky
Nope.com

Old
02-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post

Rather spend the money on Williams new short term contract, and keep the assets we have now.
Williams will not sign a short term contract. He will be looking for a 4/5 year deal

Old
02-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Williams>Hemsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
Nope.com
nope.com - agreed.

Hemsky > Williams

Old
02-18-2011, 04:36 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Perhaps - but do you deny that the risk of losing a pending UFA is at least 50%? Do you deny that the majority of UFA's leave their present teams for greener pastures? Do you think that the risk of losing a player like Hemsky in 1 year justifies trading assets like Simmonds, Voynov, Moller, or whomever/whatever Edmonton is asking for?

I don't and that is the difference between you and me. I am also not deluded enough to think that one player for one year is going to make a difference.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:

I simply stated my opinion that I don't think Williams will get re-signed by the Kings. I'm not even going to comment on your second sentence. They have absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of Williams not being re-signed.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Jwm1986

The fact is this: Dean Lombardi is a bargain shopper....he only shops at the thrift stores and outlet stores....

For some reason he wont pay full value, even if hes getting used goods in return....

Look at all the deals hes made, almost every single player was coming off serious injuries....he does this because it costs less and he justifies it by hoping the player will get back to form....

It comes down to this, he needs to make a serious move to keep up with the rest of the conference...no more of this " we need our players to be better and grow"

Its time to ship off a few of our top end prospects....there is no way we could use all of them anyway....there is only so much room....yeah i know it would be nice to wait a few years and see who pans out and is the best, but thats part of the game...you have to take a gamble once in a while....

Stick all your money in t-bills and see how much you make off of it in 5 years....thats his motto and he needs to adjust it slighlty if were gonna be serious cup contenders....

Old
02-18-2011, 04:39 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
What did Boston just give up for 3 months of Kaberle. Top prospect, a 1st and a conditional second that's what the market is. Hemsky is a top 3 on most teams he is for sure on the kings plus an extra year worth alot compared to what's beeing thrown around
I don't think the Kings can afford to give up those type of assets at this point of where the team is at.

Just too much to give up for a team that just made the playoffs last season, and are still learning how to be a consistent playoff team. We're not even Cup contenders like the Flyers, who are dumping assets for a major run at the Cup. We just can't afford to toss first round picks, top prospects for a player that is only going to stick around for a year and a half.

If we're talking Booth, I would be more in favor of that move. Its a long term contract and fits in with the Kings plans.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:40 PM
tomd

Quote:
What Boston or any other team does is of no concern to me. History may prove they made a good decision or a terrible one. But I guess if you are giving points for audacity then Boston is a winner.

Old
02-18-2011, 04:41 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I simply stated my opinion that I don't think Williams will get re-signed by the Kings. I'm not even going to comment on your second sentence. They have absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of Williams not being re-signed.
No, you SPECIFICALLY called out Lombardi as the reason that Williams would not sign with the Kings...hence my 2nd question is quite valid.

Closed Thread