HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2010-2011 (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2011, 09:27 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Don't like the whole 'turn' system if that's how they do things over there. Avtsin is one of our few legit winger prospects, give him his ice time.

Old
02-12-2011, 10:34 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Don't like the whole 'turn' system if that's how they do things over there. Avtsin is one of our few legit winger prospects, give him his ice time.
I don't know about the "turn" thing. Avstin has struggled this year and to be expected at his age. It's a tough situation, he isn't ready physically for this league yet he has skill that you want to develop and that can only be done with ice time. When we play against the weaker teams that don't check as well you can see this skill. I agree playing both Bonneau and Schultz ahead of him doesn't make sense. Does anyone know about injurues? Engquist and Nash also didn't dress last night.

Old
02-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I think Avtsin's injured like he has the most other times he was sit. Doesn't make sense to bench him after he puts up 7 points in 11 games as a 19 year old playing with Boyd at times.

Old
02-12-2011, 12:11 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I think Avtsin's injured like he has the most other times he was sit. Doesn't make sense to bench him after he puts up 7 points in 11 games as a 19 year old playing with Boyd at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
I don't know about the "turn" thing. Avstin has struggled this year and to be expected at his age. It's a tough situation, he isn't ready physically for this league yet he has skill that you want to develop and that can only be done with ice time. When we play against the weaker teams that don't check as well you can see this skill. I agree playing both Bonneau and Schultz ahead of him doesn't make sense. Does anyone know about injurues? Engquist and Nash also didn't dress last night.
Agreed with wats. No point in benching him when he was on a tear recently. With guys like patches, desharnais and white called up, you don't bench a guy like avtsin for no reason.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:43 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Little break for Sanford, Robert Mayer gets the start this afternoon.

Also, Mayer is 3-0-0 1,97 .922 vs Rochester this season.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Little break for Sanford, Robert Mayer gets the start this afternoon.

Also, Mayer is 3-0-0 1,97 .922 vs Rochester this season.
Without looking at the schedule, they tricked me again last night. I turned on the game just as it was starting and saw a goal scored a few seconds later. Thinking they must have put Mayer in this time, I turned it off (since I can watch it the next day in the archives) But it was Sanford who once again appears to not of had his best night so it makes sense that Mayer gets a start since Sanford has lost 5 of his last 6 starts after winning 6 out of 7 with 3 SO's.

I have been wondering if both the Habs and Dogs would regret leaning on their starters so much, as I'm not used to seeing them rely on their starters so heavily. But since both starters are among the tops in their respective leagues, it makes sense, especially for the Dogs since Mayer has been brutal at times. Hopefull he gets back on track as the Dogs sorely need him since goals are becoming harder to come by.

Old
02-13-2011, 01:30 PM
ChoseLa

I just hope Shultz learn to play hockey and Conboy learn to fight.

BTW has Alex Henry any chances to replace Picard if Gill doesn't comeback soon? Or is he realy washed up?

Old
02-13-2011, 04:37 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I just hope Shultz learn to play hockey and Conboy learn to fight.

BTW has Alex Henry any chances to replace Picard if Gill doesn't comeback soon? Or is he realy washed up?
He's far from washed up. He plays a major shutdown role with the Dogs and I personally feel if given more chances he would contribute offensively. There have been a few signs this year. His game rarely varies and even when having a bad period or game he seems to manage to shake it off and turn it around. Having said this I doubt you will see him in Montreal. For whatever reason PG and JM don't feel he's a fit or part of the future evidenced by the training camp selection. Being a Dogs fan that's ok by me as we are pretty much depleted and may have trouble making the playoffs. I'm sure henry doesn't agree.

Old
02-13-2011, 04:56 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
He's far from washed up. He plays a major shutdown role with the Dogs and I personally feel if given more chances he would contribute offensively. There have been a few signs this year. His game rarely varies and even when having a bad period or game he seems to manage to shake it off and turn it around. Having said this I doubt you will see him in Montreal. For whatever reason PG and JM don't feel he's a fit or part of the future evidenced by the training camp selection. Being a Dogs fan that's ok by me as we are pretty much depleted and may have trouble making the playoffs. I'm sure henry doesn't agree.
The Dogs will have trouble making the playoffs? The reason Henry is not in the NHL is his lack of foot speed imo. Great for the Dogs though.

Old
02-13-2011, 05:29 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
The Dogs will have trouble making the playoffs? The reason Henry is not in the NHL is his lack of foot speed imo. Great for the Dogs though.
No wins in their last 4 games and 1 win in last 7 games. Having a terrible time scoring, no PP goals during this time. Add to that that Curtis is starting to look tired in the last couple of games, I believe that's why Mayer played last night where we lost to the team last in our division. I am starting to worry just watching the way they are playing. Agreed Henry is not the fastest guy our there but he can compensate with good positioning and experience. I just think that he showed a training camp that he could handle a low end dman position and yes I'm a bias fan but I don't think he'd hurt the Habs, at least the ones I've watched lately, at a number 6/7 spot.

Old
02-13-2011, 06:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
No wins in their last 4 games and 1 win in last 7 games. Having a terrible time scoring, no PP goals during this time. Add to that that Curtis is starting to look tired in the last couple of games, I believe that's why Mayer played last night where we lost to the team last in our division. I am starting to worry just watching the way they are playing. Agreed Henry is not the fastest guy our there but he can compensate with good positioning and experience. I just think that he showed a training camp that he could handle a low end dman position and yes I'm a bias fan but I don't think he'd hurt the Habs, at least the ones I've watched lately, at a number 6/7 spot.
yea they are in a slump but i'm sure they will come around. They have 28 games left so unless they forget how to play hockey they should be good to make the playoffs. My concern would be what happens from now till the end of the month with the trade deadline.

Old
02-13-2011, 06:01 PM
NewHabsEra*

So I think we can officially call Maxwell a bust, the kid obviously cant bring his game at another level. you would have expected him to step up for the lost of Desharnais but the boat is just sinking in Hamilton.. I never really believed in Maxwell to be honest, always thought he was too passive to play in the NHL.. Maxwell should be removed from any serious Habs top 20 prospects lists..

Old
02-13-2011, 06:10 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
So I think we can officially call Maxwell a bust, the kid obviously cant bring his game at another level. you would have expected him to step up for the lost of Desharnais but the boat is just sinking in Hamilton.. I never really believed in Maxwell to be honest, always thought he was too passive to play in the NHL.. Maxwell should be removed from any serious Habs top 20 prospects lists..
He is Duncan Milroy all over again.... or at least it seems that way. A good guy who doesn't quite have what it takes

Old
02-13-2011, 10:34 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
yea they are in a slump but i'm sure they will come around. They have 28 games left so unless they forget how to play hockey they should be good to make the playoffs. My concern would be what happens from now till the end of the month with the trade deadline.
What concerns me is that they seem to be finding ways to lose games. The last two loses are to teams at the bottom of their divisions and although we have games in hand on the teams chasing us there are only 4 points between 2nd and 5th.
I think your right about the trade deadline. I've been wondering with Gill injured, no one called up if there is a deal close or not and if it will affect the Dogs at all?

Old
02-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Sucks cause he could be the "Carkner type player" we lack on the team Especially now that Gill is injured, what the heck is Alex Picard doing in the line-up over Henry?

Old
02-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Boyd got is 1st AHL assist after 25 games!

Old
02-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Boyd got is 1st AHL assist after 25 games!
make that 2!

Old
02-16-2011, 08:57 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He was injured, all I heard was lower body injury, but he's back tonight.

Quote:
What concerns me is that they seem to be finding ways to lose games. The last two loses are to teams at the bottom of their divisions and although we have games in hand on the teams chasing us there are only 4 points between 2nd and 5th.
I think your right about the trade deadline. I've been wondering with Gill injured, no one called up if there is a deal close or not and if it will affect the Dogs at all?
Even the best of teams struggle at times, as it's a long season and with the recent rash of injuries/callups, it's going to happen. Hopefully they turn it around soon, would like to see them get back in 1st so don't want the Moose to get too far ahead.

Bisaillon is still injured so for now the Dogs will only have 6 D, although I assume Nash will be back in a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Sucks cause he could be the "Carkner type player" we lack on the team Especially now that Gill is injured, what the heck is Alex Picard doing in the line-up over Henry?
Henry's too slow, he's been a heck of a pickup for the Dogs, but his lack of mobility hurts in todays NHL.

Old
02-18-2011, 10:46 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
He was injured, all I heard was lower body injury, but he's back tonight.

Even the best of teams struggle at times, as it's a long season and with the recent rash of injuries/callups, it's going to happen. Hopefully they turn it around soon, would like to see them get back in 1st so don't want the Moose to get too far ahead.
It's now five in a row. The good news is the Marlies have a bunch of their regulars up with the Leafs and we have a couple of games in hand. I know I'm sounding pessimistic but when I look down the roster I can't see anyone that will provide us with consistent scoring, Curtis is starting to look tired and the coaches still coach like they have a full roster.

Old
02-18-2011, 11:33 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Good question, but Picard was the guy JM/PG wanted from the opening of training camp. Now Picard is playing like everyone said he would when he was signed last summer. Henry and Weber had good camps that slowed the decision process a bit. The knock on Henry is his speed. Having watched him for the past 2 1/2 years I'm not convinced it's as bad as everyone claims. He isn't the fastest but he is able to make up with experience, good positioning and his long reach. He's always had a plus stat for a stay at home dman that generally plays against the top lines (granted AHL lines). He is is an unselfish teammate, tireless worker and is a very tough competitor. Having said all that I have no idea why the Habs don't give him a chance.

Old
02-18-2011, 09:40 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

Palushaj has 11 goals and 22 assist. 33 pts.

Old
02-19-2011, 01:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
It's now five in a row. The good news is the Marlies have a bunch of their regulars up with the Leafs and we have a couple of games in hand. I know I'm sounding pessimistic but when I look down the roster I can't see anyone that will provide us with consistent scoring, Curtis is starting to look tired and the coaches still coach like they have a full roster.
All teams go through slumps, the Dogs were unlucky for parts of last nights game but still found a way to win (although the Bishop goal to tie should never have gone in, soft one by the marlies goalie for sure)

Hopefully they get back on track soon. I assume between Gill, Spacek and the Wiz, that they will hopefully not be out too much longer so Nash should be back next week and while I didn't hear an update, it's my understanding that Festerling isn't too far away. So with Nash, Carle, St-Denis, Festerling, Klubertanz (has really stepped up) and Henry that's a strong group on defense assuming they remain intact. The offense is more of a concern since it's left to Maxwell, Palushaj, Boyd, Wyman, Russell and Engqvist but Palushaj looks to be heating up and Maxwell will put some points on the board. Perhaps they can get some help at some point before the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealCanadiensFan View Post
Palushaj has 11 goals and 22 assist. 33 pts.
He had a nice tap in goal last night on a good feed from Klubertanz and a good play by Maxwell.

Old
02-19-2011, 06:27 PM
dd

Hamilton beat the tough San Antonio squad 3-1 for their second straight win!!!!

Old
02-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd View Post
Hamilton beat the tough San Antonio squad 3-1 for their second straight win!!!!
Indeed, nice to see them turn it around.

Maxwell stayed hot with a goal. 5 pts in his last 3 games.
Engqvist with an empty netter gives him goals in back to back games for the first time.
And after no assists in his first 24 games with the Dogs , Boyd had a helper giving him 2 in his last 3 games.

Old
02-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Scotianhab

Nice to see the Dogs start winning again after all of our callups etc.

Closed Thread