HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Kings scouts at the Panthers and Wings game tonight.

Might not mean much, but ya never know
Cory Stillman, come on down.

Old
02-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
One reason I think we won't trade for a few more days or till the deadline is due to the road trip. We might wait till we get back home before switching things up. Finish the ten game road trip (or at least get to Anaheim) and then make all the moves.
I would agree. I see a trade happening on Saturday night or Sunday. Giving the player or players time to get to LA and have a couple of skates with the team before a Wed. match up w/ ANA

Old
02-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
One reason I think we won't trade for a few more days or till the deadline is due to the road trip. We might wait till we get back home before switching things up. Finish the ten game road trip (or at least get to Anaheim) and then make all the moves.
Agreed.

Old
02-18-2011, 06:28 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
David Booth, come on down.

FTFY!

Old
02-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
FTFY!
LOL, Lombardi don't play that!

Old
02-18-2011, 06:32 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Cory Stillman, come on down.
David booth. GO big or go home!

Old
02-18-2011, 06:44 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
I like Zetterberg. Datsyuk would be OK, too.
Lidstrom for Moller and a pick!

Old
02-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Orenji

If we ever trade Schenn, it better not be Toronto. I do not give a crap if they give us Kessel and 3 firsts.

I would rather trade him to any other place just so the Maple Leafs fans stop with their stupid proposals.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
If we ever trade Schenn, it better not be Toronto. I do not give a crap if they give us Kessel and 3 firsts.

I would rather trade him to any other place just so the Maple Leafs fans stop with their stupid proposals.
If TOR made that offer in the Bold............how can you say no?

Old
02-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I'd do it, but all in all we need players more than picks in general.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:13 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:

THIS! It's hilarious yet so sad at the same time

Old
02-18-2011, 08:35 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Why? Because you don't think we'll make the playoffs or that we aren't capable of winning a round? If that's true, why are you also then against sacrificing some assets to bolster this years team?
Because I would hate to think that keeping Williams depends on winning a playoff round...that is FAR from assured at this point.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:38 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Because I would hate to think that keeping Williams depends on winning a playoff round...that is FAR from assured at this point.
... But you could say that about literally every team in the NHL. Last season, Washington was the biggest lock to do damage in the playoffs and they went down in the first round.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Martyros

HFboards seriously lacks an all purpose "Brayden Schenn to Leafs" thread.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:41 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Ah hah.

For more reasons than Williams, missing the playoffs This year would be disastrous. People talk about not making a move until we are closer to being a contender... well if we miss the playoffs we are going backwards. Thus, we must do everything in our power to ensure we make the postseason and have some success When we get there. Since Lombardi isn't going to lace them up all he can do now to help this team right now is to use some of the huge stockpile of awesome futures he has amassed to bring in the best talent he can pry from another team, even if we aren't ready to make a Philly or Boston type of push. We must go forward.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
HFboards seriously lacks an all purpose "Brayden Schenn to Leafs" thread.
The topic needs it's own forum to say the least.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
Williams will not sign a short term contract. He will be looking for a 4/5 year deal
I heard something when watching a Kings telecast that made me sort of question Williams' motivation. He said that he came into this year working harder, etc. to cash in since this is his last year under contract. This is open for interpretation and could be passed off as him being more open and honest than most players, but if I heard one of my players say that I would wonder if once they get that big contract in the bag would I get the same productivity? IMO DL probably has that same question mark in the back of his head as well.

02-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I feel the same way BBO. Justin Williams with a long-term deal with a cap hit of 4 million or more is completely untradeable. If he gets hurt once or becomes unproductive for any lengthy amount of time, we can just forget about moving the contract because we're stuck with him. It's definitely worrying given his injury history.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I feel the same way BBO. Justin Williams with a long-term deal with a cap hit of 4 million or more is completely untradeable. If he gets hurt once or becomes unproductive for any lengthy amount of time, we can just forget about moving the contract because we're stuck with him. It's definitely worrying given his injury history.
I'm glad that you took it the right way as some people think that any concerns about their teams players voiced by another teams fan = trolling. IMO he's the kind of guy that you sign for 2 or so years if possible to keep him hungry for that next big contract. How often have we all seen guys get their big paydays and then fall off the map? It's a scary proposition for every team.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
completely agree with that.
On the other hand........... what if he leaves ???

Old
02-18-2011, 08:54 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I heard something when watching a Kings telecast that made me sort of question Williams' motivation. He said that he came into this year working harder, etc. to cash in since this is his last year under contract. This is open for interpretation and could be passed off as him being more open and honest than most players, but if I heard one of my players say that I would wonder if once they get that big contract in the bag would I get the same productivity? IMO DL probably has that same question mark in the back of his head as well.
That's Just Williams stating the obvious.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:57 PM
palffytofrovlov

I posted this on the Monarchs thread but no Hickey in the lineup today, is he hurt or maybe part of a trade? let the rumors begin!

Old
02-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Orenji

Probably just injured.

Old
02-18-2011, 09:05 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Ah hah.

For more reasons than Williams, missing the playoffs This year would be disastrous. People talk about not making a move until we are closer to being a contender... well if we miss the playoffs we are going backwards. Thus, we must do everything in our power to ensure we make the postseason and have some success When we get there. Since Lombardi isn't going to lace them up all he can do now to help this team right now is to use some of the huge stockpile of awesome futures he has amassed to bring in the best talent he can pry from another team, even if we aren't ready to make a Philly or Boston type of push. We must go forward.
Perhaps, perhaps not.

I'm not one to feel it is a victory to make the playoffs if losing a Schenn or a Voynov is the price of making the playoffs. The team is on an 8-0-3 run and will get Sturm back shortly. Does adding Booth, Penner, or Hemsky (the only legit options) make the team THAT much better? Anson Carter anyone?????

Old
02-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Perhaps, perhaps not.

I'm not one to feel it is a victory to make the playoffs if losing a Schenn or a Voynov is the price of making the playoffs. The team is on an 8-0-3 run and will get Sturm back shortly. Does adding Booth, Penner, or Hemsky (the only legit options) make the team THAT much better? Anson Carter anyone?????
All three of those guys are much better players than Anson Carter was unless you just use stats sheets to evaluate players. Carter could score but often times he'd score meaningless goals (in a blowout for either club).

Closed Thread