HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #60 @ New Jersey Devils

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #60 @ New Jersey Devils
Henrik Lundqvist 82 93.18%
Other 6 6.82%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I did, I thought McD had basically a perfect game.
Hank was almost perfect but I somehow think he almost needs to stop a breakaway like that to be THE ELITE, paid 6 million bucks and a MVP candidate - sorry even I think so. Especially in the situation we are in now - falling like a stone in the race for th POs. This is the clutch we need from Hank. And I am one of Hanks biggest fans.... Just think McD was better 2nite...
The expectations on Hank from some lingers on borderline absurdity. That was a great shot from Kovalchuk, very well placed and very hard to stop. On a frigging breakaway where our best D-man did his best Redden/ Rozsival live hand grenade impression.

I don't envy whichever poor goalie we put in net to be molested by the Flyers on sunday.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:39 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Why are people *****ing about the trap? Honestly? This team can't even hit the net or get a puck through traffic.

Yeah blame the trap.
It's easy, when things are going bad, to find something other than your own team's piss-poor play to whine about. People love whining about the trap.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:40 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

POTG: Hank

Flyers Sunday. Based on tonight's game should be an easy Ranger win. 5 maybe 6 - 1. Probably score 2 or 3 power play goals. Gaborik will probably have a couple of successful end to end rushes. Looking forward to it. No. Really I am.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Provolone*

Quote:
More Redden - Add the fruitless and incessant "dump & chase strategy", the PP and the constant shifting of lines. We were outcoached by a better coach with a less impressive roster. Uggghhhh
I forgot to put that under my "Redden". Why the **** is this team dumping and chasing on the powerplay?!?!

Provolone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Loffen
Hadouken!

**** 'em all.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:41 PM
owedoyle

Kinda glad the internet at the hotel was crappy enough to drive me to the bar instead I'd watching the game. Hating the fact that these types of gales can be thought of as semi-typical...

owedoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 1050
The Good: Hank

The Bad: Everyone else. 1-0 .... As my friend says "If i wanted to watch 1 goal in an entire game i might aswell watch soccer". Amen

The Redden: Me, staying up until 3:30 am watching this game and thinking "something might happen in the 3rd"...

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moosehead777

Something that i think is important even though as fans we are slightly pissed you could say.......

This team has overachieved.......

I think its catching up to them now.........

Mostly third line players whether its due to talent or because some of the players are still young......

Torts system is not for this team..........

And you cant rack your brain with this team because you set yourself up for many miserable after game rants.......

It is what it is.......

Even with a more simple game the Rangers are outclassed and were still in the playoffs if the season ended today....

With all that in mind the Rangers have over achieved......

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

I still have to right a review for this ****fest. LAWD HELP ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provolone View Post
I forgot to put that under my "Redden". Why the **** is this team dumping and chasing on the powerplay?!?!
No talent.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:43 PM
OverTheCap

Staal and Girardi can't keep playing close to 30 minutes a game or they end up playing like they did tonight. I don't want Slats to give up 2nd rounders and prospects, but they need to trade for a defenseman who can help stabilize the 3rd pairing.

Boyle and Prust had their worst game of the season...really looked like 4th liners out there. Wolski is as advertised... inconsistent. Gaborik is unable to carry momentum from one game to the next... I can't even classify him as streaky because he hasn't even strung together a goal-scoring streak all season.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Quote:
More Redden - Add the fruitless and incessant "dump & chase strategy", the anemic & robotically malfunctioning PP and the constant shifting of lines to no avail. We were outcoached by a better coach with a less impressive roster. Uggghhhh
I don't know what you were watching, but it's kind of difficult to skate the puck through four Devils clogging up the neutral zone. It's also kind of hard to skate the puck against a team that's perfected the interference off the puck trick.

The only thing to do against the Devils is either catch them in a change, transition, or dump it and try to beat the crap out of their D, win a battle down low, and score a few ugly goals.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
POTG: Hank

Flyers Sunday. Based on tonight's game should be an easy Ranger win. 5 maybe 6 - 1. Probably score 2 or 3 power play goals. Gaborik will probably have a couple of successful end to end rushes. Looking forward to it. No. Really I am.
LOL!

Hahaha too good.

McIlrathsWrath

Devils are te most boring team in the league. They outplayed us defensively obviously but I would never want my team to play like that

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post

**** 'em all.
Too bad Bridgestone dont make skates. Until that happens it seems we're screwed

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:46 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

Simple question, what has Tortorella done for NYR since being hired?

He walked into the playoffs after being set up by Renney and blew the series by benching Avery and being a giant hypocrite in game 6.

We miss the playoffs.

Now we sit at 31-25-4. No better than the 31-23-7 record that Renney had when he was fired.

Now I don't want Torts fired because I think it would be bad for the team seeing as how young it is, changing coaches again for most of these guys wouldn't go over well. But what the hell Torts.

Earn something.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutus Liber View Post
Of course its concerning. Even moreso in the eyes of die hard fans, but you gotta take it for what it is. Like it or not we had a real strong effort last night, that showed in tonights game, and against a red hot team that has to muster every point it can, to back in to the playoffs. Sure are we on the edge, absolutely, but were sitting prettier than some of the other teams behind us, ahem Thrashers/Sabres. Its a long season, and a hell of a grind.
I will say that I did not have high expectations this season, knowing the young team we would be fielding, and they have already surpassed them for the most part. Technically speaking this was supposed to be a transition year for us. The kids are growing up, and next year more talent will come in, with Kreider (hopefully), Werek etc etc. From where I sit the future is bright.
We had a strong game last night that we should have won handily, but as is typical of this team, we pissed away a lead and needed a SO to win. That's not a win that inspires confidence. We follow that up by not even showing up to the rink against our arch rival.

I didn't have particularly high expectations for this team, either. Nor for last year's team. Both years, a 6-10 seed was reasonable to expect. Last year, we were on the lower end of what we could have been. This year, we're looking like we're going to again finish below where we could have been. High/low/modest expectations, whatever...I'm not at all satisfied with the way the past two seasons have played out.

As far as the future looking bright? Seems like we've been hearing that for more than a few years now. At some point the young players we're integrating into our lineup will have to step it the **** up and take us somewhere. If they can't even make the playoffs in back to back years, then I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutus Liber View Post
P.S.
Before someone says it I am not a believer of anything can happen in the playoffs ****. The good teams win, period. Were are nowheres near a contender this year, facts are facts.
I didn't expect us to be a contender. But I expected us to be more consistent than we have been.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Well, i try my best not to look on the bright side too often, but if any good did come out of this game, Hank looked sharp, focused and positionally sound. If he's comfy in net again we will atleast have that going for us

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Staal and Girardi can't keep playing close to 30 minutes a game or they end up playing like they did tonight. I don't want Slats to give up 2nd rounders and prospects, but they need to trade for a defenseman who can help stabilize the 3rd pairing.
Definitely. As much as I dislike Michelleti, he was spot on tonight about Staal looking tired. If his fatigue is something more than just the result of back to back games than we're in trouble.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:47 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
The expectations on Hank from some lingers on borderline absurdity. That was a great shot from Kovalchuk, very well placed and very hard to stop. On a frigging breakaway where our best D-man did his best Redden/ Rozsival live hand grenade impression.

I don't envy whichever poor goalie we put in net to be molested by the Flyers on sunday.
Umm read the post. I said Hank was good. Really good. And I am not taking anything away from his game. But he was not imo the player of the game. McD was. Of course there were high expectations on Hank - there needs to be. Without him we are doomed. BTW I am sure the highest expectations on Hank are by Hank himself and that he wishes a second chance on Kovies goal. This discussion ends here...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:48 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
I don't know what you were watching, but it's kind of difficult to skate the puck through four Devils clogging up the neutral zone. It's also kind of hard to skate the puck against a team that's perfected the interference off the puck trick.

The only thing to do against the Devils is either catch them in a change, transition, or dump it and try to beat the crap out of their D, win a battle down low, and score a few ugly goals.
That's where the Rangers fail. They can't make short passes to teammates in position. They have a very poor passing game and the Devils just take advantage of it.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:49 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

As far as the future looking bright? Seems like we've been hearing that for more than a few years now. At some point the young players we're integrating into our lineup will have to step it the **** up and take us somewhere. If they can't even make the playoffs in back to back years, then I don't know.

I didn't expect us to be a contender. But I expected us to be more consistent than we have been.
You'll keep hearing that type of message from Sather, Torts and the broadcast team so long as our fanbase keeps buying it. As you can see, vague assurances of possible future success isn't exactly a hard sell for this market.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:50 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
When the hell is Tortorella going to put Boyle on the power play?

And when the hell is Del Zotto going to go back to Hartford? He can't run a PP, he can't play defense, and as we saw on the last power play, he can't even hit an open net.
Just need to be patient with MDZ. He was looking like a special player last year and this year not even close. Confidence is huge at the NHL level. Young players go through this. I hope when Stepan goes through this in the future no body panics.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:50 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Umm read the post. I said Hank was good. Really good. And I am not taking anything away from his game. But he was not imo the player of the game. McD was. Of course there were high expectations on Hank - there needs to be. Without him we are doomed. BTW I am sure the highest expectations on Hank are by Hank himself and that he wishes a second chance on Kovies goal. This discussion ends here...
If I were him, I'd be wishing my team didn't get shutout on 15 saves by Johan Hedberg.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:51 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Well yea looks like the old Devils are back!!!!

Gotta say though, is it me or does our young team look like they are collectively hitting the wall?

02-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Well yea looks like the old Devils are back!!!!

Gotta say though, is it me or does our young team look like they are collectively hitting the wall?
I think it's safe to say it's not just you.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote