HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oiler all sports radio station

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2003, 10:38 AM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Oiler all sports radio station

I hate living in Toronto and listening to the FAN all day at work...

Is there an Oilers all sports station that does a webcast or anything?

Old
10-09-2003, 11:01 AM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone

try ched for games http://www.630ched.com/ (go to listen live in top left)

the TEAM 1260 mainly talks about the oilers during the day but i couldn't find an online station that broadcasts it

Old
10-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Digger12

Quote:

CHED's your best bet, but it's not all sports...it's all news with the Oilers broadcast rights.

Team 1260 is the best (and only?) all sports radio station around here, unfortunately they don't webcast because of cost and copyright issues w/ some programs they broadcast like the Jim Rome Show (they're working on it though). It's too bad, 'cause they're not affiliated with the Oilers so they're more likely to give you the straight goods without having to go through any 'quality assurance' filters.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Old
10-09-2003, 11:10 AM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
the TEAM 1260 mainly talks about the oilers during the day but i couldn't find an online station that broadcasts it
On oilfans.com bryn posted that they don't broadcast online now and likely won't for some time.

Old
10-09-2003, 12:02 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
try ched for games http://www.630ched.com/ (go to listen live in top left)

Yeah, I usually listen to CHED if I am stuck at work and can't get home to watch the games, but I was hoping for a little Oiler fix the other time I am at work, and I don't care to hear about Alberta politics, and that sort of thing (which is common on most of these talk stations).

Old
10-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Any Sport Any Time and Just a GAme on 930 CJCA are internet live. the first show goes from 4-7 the other from 11PM - 1AM, both are good shows with really good hosts.

Unbiased Canadian is a HF staffer who does AJHL play-by-play on the station. I think he's got a game tonight as a matter of fact.

Not sure of the web addy but just search for Any Sport Any Time.

Old
10-09-2003, 02:34 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Any Sport Any Time and Just a GAme on 930 CJCA are internet live. the first show goes from 4-7 the other from 11PM - 1AM, both are good shows with really good hosts.
Gotta agree with Guy. www.anysportanytime.com is the address and they archive all the shows from the previous week so you can listen anytime. That's the best part IMO.

Old
10-10-2003, 05:56 AM
dawgbone

Quote:

Unbiased Canadian is a HF staffer who does AJHL play-by-play on the station. I think he's got a game tonight as a matter of fact.

Not sure of the web addy but just search for Any Sport Any Time.
Thanks Guy,

Unfortunately living on the east, 4-7 is 6-9 here, and for the most part I am on my way, or already at home....

Alas, my frustrations must continue.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:54 AM
barto

Considering that "Any Sport, Any Time" with John Short (whom I like as a radio guy) is three hours long, you'll find *generally* that the percentage of Oilers talk is fairly low. John is very knowledgeable on many sports so you'll hear lots of baseball, *some* basketball, NFL, CFL, and even lots of amateur sports. That's great for the local kids & such, but I have zero interest in that. I'll listen to that over Bryan Hall on CHED pretty much any time, but I find myself flicking away from the latest report on harness racing (or god forbid, the 'sports poet' guy) to listen to music on an FM station or play a tape or something.

Anyone know WHY the TEAM 1260 station won't be doing web-casts for 'some time'? If it's copyright issues, just don't do the Jim Rome show segment. I'd rather get the local stuff (morning show, Bob Stauffer) than nothing at all...

Bart

Old
10-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
Anyone know WHY the TEAM 1260 station won't be doing web-casts for 'some time'? If it's copyright issues, just don't do the Jim Rome show segment. I'd rather get the local stuff (morning show, Bob Stauffer) than nothing at all...
I've had lots of discussions with Bryn about that. It's a money issue. He says it's too expensive for just to archive the local programs they have now. They'd prefer to use that money to developing more local shows. It takes time, they've only been on for just over a year.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:30 AM
barto

Quote:
I've had lots of discussions with Bryn about that. It's a money issue. He says it's too expensive for just to archive the local programs they have now. They'd prefer to use that money to developing more local shows. It takes time, they've only been on for just over a year.
Hmmm...thanks for that, although I wonder what the big cost is to make archives of their shows and put them up on a web site? I've never done it, just doesn't seem like a huge expensive thing to do. Ah well. The ironical (sic) thing is that by spending some money to get going on the web (either live webcasts or archives) they would increase their listener-ship, making it more attractive for advertisers & sponsors.

Hope they can get it going soon! I can't always listen to Bob & Spec from 5-7 but they're always interesting.

Bart

Old
10-10-2003, 09:11 AM
dawgbone

I don't understand the need to archive the shows... that sort of defeats the purpose of a live webcast doesn't it???

Old
10-10-2003, 10:18 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
I don't understand the need to archive the shows... that sort of defeats the purpose of a live webcast doesn't it???
well sure but like you said earlier... the time of the live shows sucks for you. This way you could listen at your leisure.

Old
10-11-2003, 04:58 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
well sure but like you said earlier... the time of the live shows sucks for you. This way you could listen at your leisure.
LOL... True...

But if there was an all sports radio station, I could listen to the general talk all day long (I would assume that like here, 70+% is spent talking nhl hockey), so time wouldn't be a concern...

Ah well, here is to hoping, keep me updated guys, I appreciate it.

Closed Thread