HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2011, 01:57 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Stewart also got injured. Missed 21 games. That certainly has a lot to do with those totals.
as I said injury's took hold in Colorado.

Old
02-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Avalanche get a #1 Dman and possibly a 1st round pick.

Stewart wasn't doing well this year and has been benched, made him expendable since the Avalanche have PLENTY of firepower. They got their #1 Dman and have a #1 Center, just need to find a #1 Goalie.
They did. His name is Elliot

Old
02-19-2011, 01:59 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Since November 4, When Chris cooled off and injury's started to take hold of Colorado.

4G 10A =14pts Minus 9

Shattenkirk since Feb 1 when the Western Conference teams started to play him tight.

0G 0A =0 PTS Minus 5

Both are young so they can snap out of it. But hardly World beaters atm.
LOLOLOL you bring up stats but then choose not to show EJ's???

5g 13a 18 pts 54 gms -10

Not to mention you keep saying EJ is a #1 when he isn't....he isn't even a #2 right now....he has the potential but to say he is there is wrong. He has been past by Pietro which made him expendable. (similar to the Bogo situation)

Old
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
If you name the NHL players that haven't been benched in their career, all of them are probably in the Hall of Fame. And lots of people in the Hall of Fame have been benched. Why does it matter? Why don't we look at where Sacco's team is right now and ask if he knows what to do with the players he has?

Do the Kings have any players who have never deserved to be benched?
Remind me... how many games have you coached in the NHL?

Old
Orenji

I am disappointed my Stewart to Thrashers for Bogosian theory didn't come to fruition.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:00 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
LOLOLOL you bring up stats but then choose not to show EJ's???

5g 13a 18 pts 54 gms -10

Not to mention you keep saying EJ is a #1 when he isn't....he isn't even a #2 right now....he has the potential but to say he is there is wrong. He has been past by Pietro which made him expendable. (similar to the Bogo situation)
Sorry but EJ is a legit Number 1 , I just don't agree with you. He is struggling this season, But so did Drew.

EJ still is a steady Defensive minded player night in and night out. I do watch Blue's games.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:02 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1027
Quote:
Remind me... how many games have you coached in the NHL?
Neither of us have. I do not know why you're deciding to make this personal but I'll bow out.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:02 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
They did. His name is Elliot
He's backup material.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Orenji

Erik Johnson is a #1 defenseman in this league and has potential to get better, but I still think Stewart is the best player in the trade, so Blues win it. Shats is also a pretty damn good rookie d-man who has tons of potential.

Thinking about it, do the Avalanche have a lot of young wingers? I know they have Duchene and Stastny in the middle, but Stewart seemed like one of their only good wingers who was young. All the others seemed a year or two away from falling off.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Shellz

Quote:
He's backup material.
Haha. It was kind of a joke, but ya never know.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:05 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Neither of us have. I do not know why you're deciding to make this personal but I'll bow out.
Not making it personal...but alrighty then...

Old
02-19-2011, 02:05 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Erik Johnson is a #1 defenseman in this league and has potential to get better, but I still think Stewart is the best player in the trade, so Blues win it. Shats is also a pretty damn good rookie d-man who has tons of potential.

Thinking about it, do the Avalanche have a lot of young wingers? I know they have Duchene and Stastny in the middle, but Stewart seemed like one of their only good wingers who was young. All the others seemed a year or two away from falling off.
They also got McClement down the middle too.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:07 AM
damacles1156

Quote:

Stewart was dealt cause he has been a non factor since October. Without Duchene and Stastny feeding pucks. Stewart has dissipated
He is still a nice Power Guy, But he has got to turn it around.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Orenji

I just think this is a step back for the Avalanche. Johnson is by far their best d-man now, but the rest of it still sucks. They have Elliot and Budaj doing whatever for the rest of the year and most of their team is injured.

I'm guessing they'll be going hard for a goalie in the summer and try to upgrade their defense corps.

Who is going to be Colorado's #1 winger next season now?

Old
02-19-2011, 02:12 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
I just think this is a step back for the Avalanche. Johnson is by far their best d-man now, but the rest of it still sucks. They have Elliot and Budaj doing whatever for the rest of the year and most of their team is injured.

I'm guessing they'll be going hard for a goalie in the summer and try to upgrade their defense corps.

Who is going to be Colorado's #1 winger next season now?
David Jones and Bradon Yip are very good wingers in Colorado. Jones has 19 goals.

I bet Kings fans didn't know that Chris Stewart was playing on the 3rd and 4th line nightly for the past month. Due to lack of effort for Sacco.

With this trade the AvS finally have a top paring in Liles and EJ.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:15 AM
Orenji

I actually knew Stewart was getting healthy scratched and put down the lines. That's why I thought the Avalanche might trade him here for one of our goalies not named Quick. He would have been a great player with Kopitar.

Oh well.

Still think St. Louis get much better. They still think they can get into the playoffs, I think. They need to string a few wins in a row, but they still have a shot if they play better.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
C'mon Dean. Can't let these fools outshine us! Parise to LA super blockbuster zomg!?!

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-19-2011, 02:16 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
David Jones and Bradon Yip are very good wingers in Colorado. Jones has 19 goals.

I bet Kings fans didn't know that Chris Stewart was playing on the 3rd and 4th line nightly for the past month. Due to lack of effort for Sacco.
Not to mention benched/scratched. That's what I have been arguing about for the last 2 pages. He was expendable and replaceable by the Avalanche.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:18 AM
Shellz

Quote:
I actually knew Stewart was getting healthy scratched and put down the lines. That's why I thought the Avalanche might trade him here for one of our goalies not named Quick. He would have been a great player with Kopitar.

Oh well.

Still think St. Louis get much better. They still think they can get into the playoffs, I think. They need to string a few wins in a row, but they still have a shot if they play better.
I don't see them making the playoffs. That would mean every team about them would have to start losing and there are a lot of Western teams playing each other right now with 3 point games every other night. They can start winning, but I think it might be a little too late.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:18 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Not to mention benched/scratched. That's what I have been arguing about for the last 2 pages. He was expendable and replaceable by the Avalanche.
The worst part is Colorado Now has a Legit number 1 D line in Liles and EJ. They will play a lot better now on D. People will be slotted were they should be.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:19 AM
Orenji

This is one positive in teams still in the hunt. You see a lot more player for player trades, with big names swapping each way.

I hope we see a lot more of these before the deadline passes.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Haik

EJ is the best player in that deal. How would you all feel if Doughty got traded for that? I'd be pissed!

Old
02-19-2011, 02:24 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
The worst part is Colorado Now has a Legit number 1 D line in Liles and EJ. They will play a lot better now on D. People will be slotted were they should be.
Well...yeah I think that was evident of what they needed to do with the team. When you get smoked by the Flames 9 to 1, it's obvious you need to shake up the back end. They still need another good Dman and a goalie. Not to mention that Quincey will return next season.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:27 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Both teams were in a position where change was necessary. The Avs needed to address their need for a top pairing defenseman and the Blues needed more offense in their lineup. The emergence of Pietrangelo and Ian Cole and Jonas Junland might ease their loss of Johnson, plus Shattenkirk is no slouch either. It's a gamble for both teams, but it is one that could pay off for either or both clubs.

It's been an exciting day of transactions ten days before the deadline. Makes one wonder if teams are becoming trigger happy to get deals done before more and more GMs start getting more aggressive.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:32 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Wow.. that's a crazy deal, as if the Avs & Blues just pulled off a crazy blockbuster trade like that

Closed Thread