HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2011, 03:33 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
Btw, how about Brad Boyes? Or David Perron? I'm sure the Blues are pretty much in selling mode right about now, those 2 guys could be interesting names come the deadline

Old
02-19-2011, 03:37 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Btw, how about Brad Boyes? Or David Perron? I'm sure the Blues are pretty much in selling mode right about now, those 2 guys could be interesting names come the deadline
Blues are 7 points behind us and have won their last two games. They made this deal to address scoring issues to make a playoff push.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:38 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
EJ is the best player in that deal. How would you all feel if Doughty got traded for that? I'd be pissed!
Doughty>E.Johnson
J.Johnson>E.Johnson

The question should have been "how would you feel if JJ got traded for that?"

And I honestly don't know how I'd feel.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:39 AM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
EJ is the best player in that deal. How would you all feel if Doughty got traded for that? I'd be pissed!
Doughty, I think, is a much better player than Erik Johnson and has a much higher ceiling.

It would be more like us trading Jack Johnson and Andrei Loktionov for Chris Stewart and Shats

Even at the moment, I think Jack is better than Erik. EJ has a higher ceiling possibly, but Jack has a high ceiling, too. It just depends if Erik can gain confidence and play well in Colorado. He needs d-men around him, though.

Hopefully if Colorado tank, they take a d-man so that Johnson has a partner he can forge a partnership with. One of the reasons Jack has improved drastically this season is due to him having Willie Mitchell beside him. He doesn't have a crappy partner anymore, so he can play like a #1 defenseman with a top pairing shutdown guy like Willie.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:41 AM
William H Bonney

Johnson/Pietrangelo are both similar players but EJ is more physical. EJ has had a down year but he'll rebound fine. I think eventually St. Louis will regret parting with him because while Shattenkirk is a very good prospect, the pure PMD isn't all that hard to obtain if you're willing to go after it. Siding with Pietrangelo after 3 quarters of a good rookie season is a leap, especially since they're not a contender now and probably won't be for at least a few seasons barring Boyes returning to a 30-40 goal scorer and Oshie finally putting it all together. Even with that, I don't see their defense doing much at all unless Halak can be last year's playoff version for 80+ games a year. With that, I think we'll see the Blues make another move and try to trade one of their forwards for another d-man. They have a couple high end forward prospects in Tarasenko and Schwartz and the former should be ready to make the jump next year and contribute. Moving a guy like Boyes or McDonald makes the most sense.

From the Colorado perspective, Liles/Shattenkirk were redundant as well. Colorado also has a few PMD in the pipeline as well but they don't have, whether in the system or on the team, anyone that is as good as EJ or in the mold of a true #1 caliber guy. Now they do. Losing a guy of Stewart's caliber hurts them though, especially on the toughness end amongst their high end forwards. McClement is a decent and cheap addition but probably not a long term fixture for them by any means. Just like St. Louis, they're not ready to contend yet either though so making moves to fill given holes makes sense.

I think it's a good deal for both teams. I think St. Louis will regret losing EJ in time but I also think Colorado will regret moving Stewart. Colorado could afford to lose Shattenkirk and barring him turning into a Rafalski/Boyle, he's replaceable. He's had a pretty good rookie year but we'll see if it's sustainable. Just see the gawking over Michael Del Zotto last year. Should be fun to watch this trade play out over the years.

02-19-2011, 03:41 AM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
I can't believe they traded EJ, I thought for them he was untouchable. I was actually shocked.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:43 AM
Orenji

Actually, there were rumors for the past month or two about how Erik Johnson was getting shopped around from the Blues. Most people thought it would come to nothing, though.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:33 AM
wicker

I thought all of the EJ being shopped thing was BS, too. Wow, oh wow. For the present, I say the Blues won, but the Avs in the future if EJ puts it together. I actually think he is a Scuderi/Mitchell away from getting his s*** together. Talk about crazy.

I get the funny feeling that Edmonton deals for Bogo next to possibly shore up their back, too. Maybe a Hemsky/Penner for a Bogo + first.

Things are pretty exciting, even though I'm not thrilled with the fact that the Avs possibly solved their hole at defense. They are kind of following the Kings' plan to building a team. Kopi-Lokti-Schenn-DD-JJ-Quick-Bernier. Now they need to look for a goalie. Maybe Vokoun in the offseason?

Old
02-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

If we could get Bogosian + 1st for Hemsky or Penner that would be great for the Oilers IMO. Not saying that it would happen but if Tambellini could land Bogo and Schenn he'd be a freaking legend! I'm hoping for one or the other. If we land Bogo then hopefully he'll grow into our #1 guy and we draft RNH, if we land Schenn then we could either go with Larsson (if he's on the board) or add another center in RNH or even add Landeskog. If we could add a top tier talent like these guys without the draft IMO we speed up our rebuild by a year.

02-19-2011, 08:48 AM
R0CKET

I watch allot of Av's games and this deal was one hell of allot of prime assets to get EJ. McClement is a journeyman and the Av's already have plenty of talent to cover that spot, the first isn't going to equate to a player of either Shatty's or Stewie's level.

Colorado deals a very good Young NHL dman who is small but bring the offense and lets not forget he can get better with age and a legit power forward who can and will score at least 30 goals per season for EJ who is huge and has skill but has yet to put all that together to actually BE an NHL no 1 dman.

Its a really tough call. Col is betting that EJ will mature and become that player that they covet, but there is some risk with that and the gave 2 very good NHL players for the one guy.

Well the Av's did address one of their biggest areas of need, but man did they ever pay. At least you can say that they are moving from their strength. I like the deal for Col in that they are really making a bit of a risky move, that if it does pan out really improves their overall team. But still, wow.

Old
02-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Kingler

IMO its a good trade of the Avs. They got the player with the highest ceiling. Stewart is a proven commodity but they have a good young stable of forwards and so they move one for potential franchise dman.

EJ is a potential franchise dman and that's hard to come by. Its easier to draft an all-star forward than dman without having high draft choice.

Just make me feel lucky with having DD and JJ...2 potential franchise dman in 1 team

Old
02-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Chruceg

It's not often that I agree with Matthew Barry but his recent article struck a chord with me. Now I want to stress that I do NOT think the Kings are being foolish like the beginning of his article implies but the conclusions that he came to at the end actually make a lot of sense.

If you take a look at his given pieces of information: Weiss and Booth are overpriced, Schenn and Bernier are not moving, Tambellini's prices are going up, and Spezza is not an option; it makes perfect sense for the Kings stay put.

Or to put it more aptly, "It makes no sense for the Kings to make any of the rumored moves because they are all too expensive."

Personally, I still hope for a Williams type trade that comes out of absolutely nowhere.

Old
02-19-2011, 10:46 AM
HeadInjury

From the St. Louis perspective, I don't like the first rounder being thrown in as if they got the better end of the deal. I read that it's top-10 protected (maybe just for next year) but still I think it's overpayment.

Johnson is overrated, but as we know with our own Johnson, you have to be patient.

Old
02-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
LoL. I just woke up, had a dream about the trades, I dreamt that the Kings traded the Devils for Kovalchuk. I don't remember what we gave up, but I remember it was considerable and everyone was mad, except for me Though I was very confused because Dean kept saying that his deal didn't make sense for us, but then after the trade he was saying that since we lost a bunch of salary in the trade it made sense now lol... Crazy dreams... >.<

Let's go Deano! Find us our amazing deal.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-19-2011, 10:57 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

It takes a lot of guts & confidence to make the trade that the Avs & Blues just pulled off. Who would've thought that St. Louis would've traded Eric Brewer & Erik Johnson in the same day? A switch in philosophy, switching your core halfway through a season. Sometimes move like this motivate teams and sometimes they don't.

Dean Lombardi would NEVER have the guts to pull off a deal anywhere close to that. I guarantee the deal that he'll make is acquiring Corey Stillman for a 4th or something simple, that doesn't cost us much

Old
02-19-2011, 11:01 AM
LA Kings Cup Champs

[STL/COL] Erik Johnson/McClement/future 1st for Shattenkirk/Chris Stewart/future 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
WOWOWOW! That is an INSANE deal. No one was expecting that.
I beg to differ. There was at least one person who saw this one coming...

Value of: erik johnson (post #27)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by base View Post
I'll trade Chris "BEEFCAKE" Stewart + Kevin Shattenkirk + 1st rounder
...and that was predicted back on 7/6/10, which was followed up with this post (#48)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Seven months later I can mock you for being way off base! Fool.
I think someone owes somebody else an apology.

Now that is what I call INSANE!!!

Old
02-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Doughty>E.Johnson
J.Johnson>E.Johnson

The question should have been "how would you feel if JJ got traded for that?"

And I honestly don't know how I'd feel.
I would have been dancing on the flipping ceiling, are you kidding me? Johnson may be more offensively potent, but overall it is not a slam dunk. Either way, if Johnson yielded that return, you have to be happy about it. I love Johnson but Shattenkirk + Stewart is an undeniable return.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:21 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
I would have been dancing on the flipping ceiling, are you kidding me? Johnson may be more offensively potent, but overall it is not a slam dunk. Either way, if Johnson yielded that return, you have to be happy about it. I love Johnson but Shattenkirk + Stewart is an undeniable return.
The Kings have enough young puck movers like Shattenkirk which essentially turns the trade into Stewart for Johnson. I'm not sure I make that deal.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Here is the sole reason why Erik Johnson got traded:

Old
02-19-2011, 11:23 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
someone mentioned that it'd be like Jack Johnson and Loktionov... no, it'd be more like Johnson, Stoll and a 1st.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

This in a way just goes to show how much position of strength has if DL stands pat a little while longer.

He can potentially move:
Bernier
Simmonds
Loktionov
Martinez
Moller
Hickey
Teubert
Zatkoff
Forbort
Deslaurier
Toffoli
Weal
Drewiske
Harrold

AND picks...

Think about it.

(And yes, Schenn is omitted on purpose)

Old
02-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
It's not often that I agree with Matthew Barry but his recent article struck a chord with me. Now I want to stress that I do NOT think the Kings are being foolish like the beginning of his article implies but the conclusions that he came to at the end actually make a lot of sense.

If you take a look at his given pieces of information: Weiss and Booth are overpriced, Schenn and Bernier are not moving, Tambellini's prices are going up, and Spezza is not an option; it makes perfect sense for the Kings stay put.

Or to put it more aptly, "It makes no sense for the Kings to make any of the rumored moves because they are all too expensive."

Personally, I still hope for a Williams type trade that comes out of absolutely nowhere.
Well, the market is blowing up, had to act early if we wanted someone like that. Just have to wait around and see if we win out by the deadline. We all know Lombardi isn't going to overpay for anything, whether we need it or not, so all we can do is just hope that everyone is scared off, and Edmonton wants to deal.

I will be quite annoyed if we walk out of this with Cheechoo though...

Old
02-19-2011, 12:01 PM
HeadInjury

Quote:
I will be quite annoyed if we walk out of this with Cheechoo though...
I have no issue with getting Cheechoo . . . provided that it's to help the Monarchs.

Old
02-19-2011, 12:05 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
I have no issue with getting Cheechoo . . . provided that it's to help the Monarchs.
unless he scores 10 goals down the stretch, eh?

Old
02-19-2011, 12:08 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
This in a way just goes to show how much position of strength has if DL stands pat a little while longer.

He can potentially move:
Bernier
Simmonds
Loktionov
Martinez
Moller
Hickey
Teubert
Zatkoff
Forbort
Deslaurier
Toffoli
Weal
Drewiske
Harrold

AND picks...

Think about it.

(And yes, Schenn is omitted on purpose)
No Jones? LOL! LA does have very solid depth in the system but I'd be shocked if any team gave up anything other than a 6th rd pick or future condiserations for guys like Drewiske and Harrold. Also Zatkoff and Weal have ALOT to prove before becoming top end prospects. And I'm a big fan of both!

Closed Thread