HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EDM - PHI trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2005, 01:18 AM
Rails

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rails
How about...

Handzus is staying in Philly. And if he does get moved out, it would be AFTER Carter and Richards play in the NHL, not before.

Old
07-19-2005, 01:23 AM
mercury

Modano is not coming to Philly. He and Hitch were not exactly bosom buddies in Dallas. I also doubt Edmonton would trade away Moreau, who is a fan favorite. I doubt Philly wants to get older, either. I like both of those players, though.

Old
07-19-2005, 05:46 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Whaddya know...a Handzus proposal from an Oilers fan.

The answer is still no.

Old
07-19-2005, 05:53 AM
mercury

Staios would not be a bad d-man in Philly, and Moreau plays his rear end off every night. Both are really underrated. However, as tremendous a 3rd line winger as Moreau is, we need a top 6 guy, not a checking line player. Zeus would get us more than that package somewhere else, too. I doubt Clarke trades away a 28-year-old 6'5" two-way center to get slightly older and slightly more expensive, even if it plugs some holes.

Old
07-19-2005, 06:05 AM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0
This has been bandied about a bit on the Oiler's board, and was just wondering what Flyer's fans thought of it.
Handzus is our highest returning point producer. Staios and Moreau are real nice, but nonetheless more in the spare parts category. Neither would be integral parts of our team like Handzus is as of right now, especially with Hitch at the helm. Definitely would be a quality for quantity trade which doesn't help a team with hopes of contention.

Old
07-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Coburnfan05

I am not opposed to moving Handzus...but not for that deal. With Carter/Richards/Prims/JR/Sharp/Umberger, we have good depth at center and should probably move him while his stock is high. He is a good player but I think many flyer fans overrate his abilities and if we could get a solid dman in return we should pull the trigger.

Old
07-19-2005, 08:07 AM
i am dave

I just can't start my day until I hear a Handzus proposal from an Oilers fan.

Old
07-19-2005, 08:22 AM
GagneScores12

If not Handzus to Edmonton, how about Handzus to San Jose for a couple of their young defensemen? We need to rebuild the back end and let's face it, when it comes to our best asset we have to give, Handzus would be it. I'd love to see a Scott Hannan or someone like that come over. I'd doubt that San Jose would give up Hannan that easily though. The guy would be a beast in the East.

Old
07-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneScores12
If not Handzus to Edmonton, how about Handzus to San Jose for a couple of their young defensemen? We need to rebuild the back end and let's face it, when it comes to our best asset we have to give, Handzus would be it. I'd love to see a Scott Hannan or someone like that come over. I'd doubt that San Jose would give up Hannan that easily though. The guy would be a beast in the East.
If we could pull a Handzus for Hannan deal...Bobby Clarke is the GM of the year.

Old
07-21-2005, 12:01 AM
mikedifr

Since when does a team's best asset need to be traded? There is a reason he is out best asset. Keep it! Unless of course Boston says that "Thornton is our best asset, lets trade him to Philly."

Old
07-21-2005, 12:03 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper
How about...

Handzus is staying in Philly. And if he does get moved out, it would be AFTER Carter and Richards play in the NHL, not before.
Thank god! Someone else with some common sense on the board.

Old
07-21-2005, 12:12 AM
GagneScores12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
Since when does a team's best asset need to be traded? There is a reason he is out best asset. Keep it! Unless of course Boston says that "Thornton is our best asset, lets trade him to Philly."
When said team's best asset can land us a goldmine in return. By that, I mean a stud defenseman and some draft picks. I wouldn't trade Handzus for Moreau and Staios, but I would deal him for Scott Hannan. I think Carter and Richards are more than ready to play in Philadelphia and will do great things there.

Old
07-21-2005, 12:50 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
When said team's best asset can land us a goldmine in return. By that, I mean a stud defenseman and some draft picks. I wouldn't trade Handzus for Moreau and Staios, but I would deal him for Scott Hannan. I think Carter and Richards are more than ready to play in Philadelphia and will do great things there.
Goldmine? I dont know about that. I am sure he can land us solid players, but I dont see him landing us a stud dman in the league of, dare I say, Niedermeyer. Scott Hannan is interesting, but I wouldnt exactly consider him a stud dman, at least not yet. A lot of us think Carter and Richards are ready to play in this league, and most likely they are, but are they ready to be #1 and #2 centers in the NHL yet? No one knows this for sure until they play. And until they demonstrate that, Handzus is not going anywhere. This team is not in rebuilding mode, they still think they can win now, and trading a player like Handzus is not what you do if you are trying to win now. If we were rebuilding, then yes, trade Handzus to a team for a couple younger players and dump RIchards and Carter in the #1 and #2 spots.

Old
07-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Arastiroth

Quote:
I don't think Handzus will be traded until Carter and/or Richards show they are ready for a real NHL season. That said, if they could get from SJ a Dman like Hannan... TAKE IT! You could sign another center to help keep the team rolling along until Carter and Richards show they are ready. Getting a young dman like Hannan isn't nearly as easy.

The only reason the Flyers should trade Handzus is for a young stud defenseman or possibly winger. That's very unlikely to happen, however, especially with the tons of UFAs that are going to be available.

Closed Thread