HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD 2011 Draft Thread IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2011, 11:34 AM
  #1001
Derick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,624
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
If you read my post closely, you would have seen that i mentioned "earlier in his career".. which is true, earlier in his career, he WAS that power forward guy that played hard everywhere on the ice and worked hard for his goals. He doesn't really do that anymore to my knowledge. His goal totals this year have improved, but ********* has also improved.. not a coincidence in my mind. Goal scorers that aren't willing to sacrifice themselves to score them need a playmaker to help them out. Very few exceptions to this.

My whole point was that Iginla being a perimeter player of recent years is being exposed due to lack of a solid playmaker.
Except I didn't say what he's doing now. I complimented him in an ATD context and you said "Iginla? Do it alone? LAWL!", and considering my compliment was true of him in his prime, it applies in an ATD context, and your response was rude and ignorant, regardless of what you said later.

Further, there's nothing to suggest he's been "exposed". He played well without a playmaker for the better half of a decade and now, on the wrong side of thirty, his goal scoring went down. That suggests it's entirely a matter of his age and not some flaw that existed all along.

Derick* is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 11:37 AM
  #1002
raleh
Registered User
 
raleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
Iginla has a ton of talent, and I think with the right playmaker he can be a 40 goal scorer again. His talent hasn't left him.. just his play style.
How's Adam Oates sound?

raleh is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 11:39 AM
  #1003
jarek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
Except I didn't say what he's doing now. I complimented him in an ATD context and you said "Iginla? Do it alone? LAWL!", and considering my compliment was true of him in his prime, it applies in an ATD context, and your response was rude and ignorant, regardless of what you said later.

Further, there's nothing to suggest he's been "exposed". He played well without a playmaker for the better half of a decade and now, on the wrong side of thirty, his goal scoring went down. That suggests it's entirely a matter of his age and not some flaw that existed all along.
The sky is falling.

The trees are burning.

And you, my friend, can't take jokes at all.

How sad.

Don't see what you don't understand. He's a perimeter player now, so now that he isn't taking damage to his body to score goals, his goal scoring is down, because he doesn't have an elite playmaker to work with. Nothing complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleh View Post
How's Adam Oates sound?
I like it. Better than Hull because unlike Hull, Iginla will actually do some things for himself too.

jarek is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 11:41 AM
  #1004
Derick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,624
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Typical "you can't take a joke" trump card from someone who's gotten called out for saying something stupid and ignorant.

Typing lawl in all-caps in response to something perfectly true isn't a "joke." It's being an idiot.

Derick* is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 11:42 AM
  #1005
Derick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,624
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
Don't see what you don't understand. He's a perimeter player now, so now that he isn't taking damage to his body to score goals, his goal scoring is down, because he doesn't have an elite playmaker to work with. Nothing complicated.
Don't see what you don't (refuse to) understand about the fact that what I said in the first place wasn't about what he's doing now, but about his value in an ATD. Nothing complicated.

Derick* is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 11:46 AM
  #1006
jarek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
Typical "you can't take a joke" trump card from someone who's gotten called out for saying something stupid and ignorant.

Typing lawl in all-caps in response to something perfectly true isn't a "joke." It's being an idiot.
You're just fanning the flames at this point. I was done after that last post.

Even if it wasn't a joke, why does it bother you so much? Iginla has been having a hard time doing ANYTHING by himself for a few years now. Before that, he was awesome, these days, he can't do it alone anymore. That's really all I was trying to say.

jarek is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 11:50 AM
  #1007
Derick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,624
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
You're just fanning the flames at this point. I was done after that last post.
It's not my responsibility to stop responding to your posts because you intended to stop talking about it after the last one. It could have been your last one if you wanted it to be. I'm not "fanning the flames" by criticizing what you say anymore than you are by doing so to me.

Quote:
Even if it wasn't a joke, why does it bother you so much? Iginla has been having a hard time doing ANYTHING by himself for a few years now. Before that, he was awesome, these days, he can't do it alone anymore. That's really all I was trying to say.
It doesn't "bother me so much." You said/implied something wrong so I described it as such and as you continued to say wrong/ignorant things I continued to describe them as such. If it looks like I'm overreacting it's because you insist on defending it.

Again, what he does these days is irrelevant. I was describing how what he did for ~7 years increased his value in an ATD and you rudely implied it was wrong, but it wasn't wrong, therefore your comment was rude and ignorant.

Derick* is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 11:59 AM
  #1008
jarek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,550
vCash: 500
Meh, whatever. I really did mean it as a knock on the Iginla of these days. I have nothing but respect for the legacy he's built up so far, just not the last few years.

jarek is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:06 PM
  #1009
Derick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,624
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Derick*
If you meant to knock something the way to express that isn't to laugh at a statement about a different, true thing. You said what you said and that's why I described it for what it was, not because "I can't take a joke."

Derick* is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:07 PM
  #1010
jarek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
If you meant to knock something the way to express that isn't to laugh at a statement about a different, true thing. You said what you said and that's why I described it for what it was, not because "I can't take a joke."
Very well. Enough. This thread is over. LOCK PLZ.

jarek is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.