HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2011, 12:17 PM
northernKing

vCash: 500
Hopefully DL takes advantage of his and Hextall's connection with PHIL and is able to land Zherdev for a 3rd rd pick or Drewiske. IMO the Flyers will probably look to add a veteran blueliner and will need the cap space. If LA can land Zherdev at that price I can't see any Kings fans too upset, but than again you never know on this board

Old
02-19-2011, 12:21 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

1) EDM put Souray on re-entry, clearly a team is willing to take half his salary
2) Barry just posted on his twitter that Parise isn't healthy and will require a 2nd surgery

Old
02-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I'd rather have Kovalev over Zherdev, that being said, neither are DL kind of players.

Old
02-19-2011, 12:29 PM
northernKing

Ya but this team isn't gonna win with everyone being a DL kinda player. Some here would say Semin isn't a DL kinda player yet watching him play as often as I do he is probably EVERY GM's type of player.

Plus both are UFA at seasons end so its really no gamble and both have gamebreaking ability on any given shift.

As for the Johnson-Stewart deal IMO St.louis did very well. Adding Stewart to that young forward core is really impressive. Makes me wonder if the Blues aren't getting ready to move Boyes? Maybe for Voynov or Moller?
As for EJ I see him as a young Jay Bo type. Has all the physical tools but because of all the hype they got when entering the NHL it will be hard for them to live up to it.

Old
02-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Ya but this team isn't gonna win with everyone being a DL kinda player. Some here would say Semin isn't a DL kinda player yet watching him play as often as I do he is probably EVERY GM's type of player.

Plus both are UFA at seasons end so its really no gamble and both have gamebreaking ability on any given shift.

As for the Johnson-Stewart deal IMO St.louis did very well. Adding Stewart to that young forward core is really impressive. Makes me wonder if the Blues aren't getting ready to move Boyes? Maybe for Voynov or Moller?
As for EJ I see him as a young Jay Bo type. Has all the physical tools but because of all the hype they got when entering the NHL it will be hard for them to live up to it.
I honestly think we need a non-DL kind of player but my point is that I'm not DL and I don't think he will make those moves.

Old
02-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

To me it's starting to look like LA's major addition down the stretch is going to be................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .........................Marco Sturm.

Old
02-19-2011, 12:40 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Omg no, we don't want Alex Kovalev. Listening to the Ottawa Sports Radio here, they keep saying that if Murray can trade Alex Kovalev, he should get GM of the year. The guy is too streaky, he'll play amazing one game and be an AHLer the next.

Nik Zherdev on the other hand, might be able to take advantage of playing on a line with Kopitar. I always liked Z, would love to have him in LA

Old
02-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Martyros

Jeezus. Toronto fans even put up a SPECULATION thread of brayden Schenn to the Leafs

Old
02-19-2011, 12:42 PM
lafan13

ehh, prolly be cory stillman ...

Old
02-19-2011, 12:58 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Jeezus. Toronto fans even put up a SPECULATION thread of brayden Schenn to the Leafs
They've got to keep hope alive somehow.

Old
02-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Omg no, we don't want Alex Kovalev. Listening to the Ottawa Sports Radio here, they keep saying that if Murray can trade Alex Kovalev, he should get GM of the year. The guy is too streaky, he'll play amazing one game and be an AHLer the next.

Nik Zherdev on the other hand, might be able to take advantage of playing on a line with Kopitar. I always liked Z, would love to have him in LA
Kovalev is streaking in the right direction right now and has been solid in the playoffs.

Old
02-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
To me it's starting to look like LA's major addition down the stretch is going to be................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .........................Marco Sturm.
I usually think along the same lines, but for what ever reason I think something will happen this year. Maybe a deal with FLA? I also think that what ever deal DL does, some folks will complain no matter what. Too little, too much yada yada. I think it'll be a major deal out of the blue that hasn't been speculated yet.

Old
02-19-2011, 01:06 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Another day goes by, almost as if it were the deadline itself, and not only has DL's finger not even approached the trigger, the gun remains holstered, and likely unloaded too....

Old
02-19-2011, 01:30 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
i honestly think the Kings should consider a waiver claim on Souray... especially if it would help on the front end of a forward deal with Edmonton.

Old
02-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i honestly think the Kings should consider a waiver claim on Souray... especially if it would help on the front end of a forward deal with Edmonton.
Meh. I think we are too stack on defense and it would be a waste of salary and a roster spot. That and I doubt it would matter, I expect him to be gone before the Kings can put a claim on him.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-19-2011, 01:59 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Meh. I think we are too stack on defense and it would be a waste of salary and a roster spot. That and I doubt it would matter, I expect him to be gone before the Kings can put a claim on him.

there is no such thing as being too "stack" on defense.

i really like Alec Martinez. but Martinez is waiver exempt and can be sent down to Manchester and log heavy playoff minutes, and Sheldon would be a strong addition to that bottom pairing and on the powerplay... he's also no slouch in the toughness department either, despite the fact that he always seems to injure himself in a fight.

i do agree however, that he's unlikely to make it far enough up the wire.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:00 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Another day goes by, almost as if it were the deadline itself, and not only has DL's finger not even approached the trigger, the gun remains holstered, and likely unloaded too....
the art of fighting without fighting!

Old
02-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
there is no such thing as being too "stack" on defense.

i really like Alec Martinez. but Martinez is waiver exempt and can be sent down to Manchester and log heavy playoff minutes, and Sheldon would be a strong addition to that bottom pairing and on the powerplay... he's also no slouch in the toughness department either, despite the fact that he always seems to injure himself in a fight.

i do agree however, that he's unlikely to make it far enough up the wire.
We already have a fortune invested in defense. Being stuck with Souray through next season isn't very appealing, that and we have a ridiculous number of high prospects. It is an unnecessary claim and just further boggles our system down.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:08 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
It takes a lot of guts & confidence to make the trade that the Avs & Blues just pulled off. Who would've thought that St. Louis would've traded Eric Brewer & Erik Johnson in the same day? A switch in philosophy, switching your core halfway through a season. Sometimes move like this motivate teams and sometimes they don't.

Dean Lombardi would NEVER have the guts to pull off a deal anywhere close to that. I guarantee the deal that he'll make is acquiring Corey Stillman for a 4th or something simple, that doesn't cost us much
Where were you whe the Demitra and Jack Johnson trades went down?

Old
02-19-2011, 02:08 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
the art of fighting without fighting!
Wars are lost when battles are fought that you are not prepared to fight.

Dean is choosing the time and the place. I am ok with that.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

A lot of you need to read:

Old
02-19-2011, 02:10 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
It takes a lot of guts & confidence to make the trade that the Avs & Blues just pulled off. Who would've thought that St. Louis would've traded Eric Brewer & Erik Johnson in the same day? A switch in philosophy, switching your core halfway through a season. Sometimes move like this motivate teams and sometimes they don't.

Dean Lombardi would NEVER have the guts to pull off a deal anywhere close to that. I guarantee the deal that he'll make is acquiring Corey Stillman for a 4th or something simple, that doesn't cost us much
The Kings, the Avs, and the Blues. One of these things is not like the others...

Old
02-19-2011, 02:35 PM
fyrescorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
This gave me visions of Barney Fife trying to pull a bullet out of his shirt pocket

Old
02-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

An unreliable source/writer from the Toronto Sun wrote today that the Captials are shopping Semin... Man, that would be the pickup we are looking for. The Capitals would be looking for assets to help them now though, don't think the Kings have what it takes to land him. They have been talking to the Oilers though:

Quote:
TSNRyanRishaug: Caps and Oil have talked hemsky, nothing close as oil would want alzner or [carlson], not likely for caps.
The quote from the Chris Stevenson of the Toronto Sun:

Quote:
HEAR AND THERE

Don’t be surprised to see the Washington Capitals make a move soon. GM George McPhee (fondly — for now — known as GMGM in the District) has been working the phones, and scouts say he has been dangling forward Alexander Semin to improve his team ... From the “Other Shoe” Department: The Colorado Avalanche traded goalie Craig Anderson to the Ottawa Senators Friday and word is they are looking at a guy like Jonathan Bernier of the Los Angeles Kings as a long-term solution in net.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:20 PM
johnjm22

The only young wingers the Avs have locked up are Mueller and Jones. I don't think either of them would be enough to entice DL to move Bernier.

I think we make good trading partners with the Islanders. Now would be a good time for DL and Garth to talk since we're in town.

Closed Thread