HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Total One Stick - Its popularity and Do you Like it?

Old
02-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Pedagogue

vCash: 500
Total One Stick - Its popularity and Do you Like it?

Well it seems like Bauer's Total One stick is the most popular stick right now in the NHL. On some teams approx. 40% of the guys are using this stick. Talk about dominating the hockey stick market! I recently bought a One95 and it broke. Bauer sent me a Total One as the replacement. It's good but I am not sure if I'm totally convinced. (Maybe I need to get use to it as I've only used it for a few weeks). For those who use it what do you think? Is this stick really the best composite out there now. Judging by the pros it seems that it is.

Pedagogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Sitka

I have one and an S19 and I don't think one blows the other out of the water.

Sitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 02:45 PM
3rd Guy High

Depends on what you like. It's probably the most durable stick ive had in a long time. I had 3 SE16s and 2 S19s before the total one, they all broke within 2 weeks while the total one has already lasted me over a few months.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

I love it and had the One95.

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Sitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by li97 View Post
Depends on what you like. It's probably the most durable stick ive had in a long time. I had 3 SE16s and 2 S19s before the total one, they all broke within 2 weeks while the total one has already lasted me over a few months.
I haven't found them particularly durable. I broke my first one after 3 games... Luck of the draw which sticks you break I think.

Sitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 06:15 PM
ponder

I'm pretty convinced that NO modern top of the line sticks are particularly durable if you're hard on them. For guys who are big and strong, who shoot hard, who take faceoffs, who like to stick check, and who just play an aggressive game in general, you'll be lucky to have any modern top of the line stick last you 20 games IMO. For me top of the line sticks do not last, they all have thin walls made basically just of graphite, they all break fairly easily when heavily abused. Personally I need to go with sticks that have thicker walls with more fiberglass if I want them to last, sticks like the Easton ST.

Performance wise the TO certainly gets great reviews, and from what I've heard the durability is fine compared to other top of the line sticks, but what is considered "fine" nowadays is still not very good.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Rush22*

The S19 is the best performing stick on the market, bar-none. The problem is the blade on the S19 goes soft way too fast, talking like 5-10 skates sometimes.

Bauer sticks seem to be the most durable products when talking high end sticks ($200+). My Total One and X60 have held up through a ton of abuse. I still buy S19s are my primary stick because they are the best stick I have ever used.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 07:53 PM
canuck44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I'm pretty convinced that NO modern top of the line sticks are particularly durable if you're hard on them. For guys who are big and strong, who shoot hard, who take faceoffs, who like to stick check, and who just play an aggressive game in general, you'll be lucky to have any modern top of the line stick last you 20 games IMO. For me top of the line sticks do not last, they all have thin walls made basically just of graphite, they all break fairly easily when heavily abused. Personally I need to go with sticks that have thicker walls with more fiberglass if I want them to last, sticks like the Easton ST.
The ST has fibreglass? I thought it had a kevlar wrap around the stick to make it more durable?

canuck44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 08:18 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck44 View Post
The ST has fibreglass? I thought it had a kevlar wrap around the stick to make it more durable?
AFAIK most sticks with thick walls (like the Easton ST) have fiber glass as part of the composite (as well as graphite obviously), sticks with the really thin walls (all top of the line sticks) pretty much just have layers of graphite. Fiberglass increases the weight and changes the flex/feel a bit, but does make sticks more durable. The ST also has the kevlar wrap. I'm not 100% sure the ST has fiberglass, but I'm pretty sure most sticks with thick walls do, and the ST has thick walls.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:49 PM
pass the bisk

Has a lot of pop on shots, but when it comes to puck control and such, I'm not really a fan

pass the bisk is offline   Reply With Quote