HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2011, 03:21 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
But Lombardi wasn't going to trade Jack for him.
No pun intended haha

Old
02-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I don't think we're gonna do anything.

I agree. I think at best we're going to get a fill-in or rental type and call it a day.

We're not the type of team that needs to make a major change. We don't need to dump someone or cause a major shakeup. We need to wait for the kids to get better.

If anything the Avs/Blues trade is a good indication of just how difficult it is to make a major trade. Stewart would be amazing but at the price of JJ? Or god help us DD? No freaking way. None of the trades over the past few days would have worked with the Kings.

I also think people need to stop pretending that some Kings scratched player or low level prospect matters. It takes talent to trade for talent and what's worse is our talent is almost always going to be younger and cheaper. They also need to stop pretending that Bernier is a tradable. No one on earth do the Kings throw away one of the cheapest and highest quality goalkeeping tandems in the game. That's just not going to happen.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I can't imagine Michalek costing much seeing the year he's having and the contract he is signed to.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
How does he, "not think hes close to anything" lol.

It's either you are or aren't.
Well it is a game of deception. He doesn't know if someone is going to trade him something but is just holding out for a little more. He could have offered a 1st, Muzzin, and Simmonds to the Oilers for Hemsky and they told him no because Schenn isn't included. For all he knows they are sitting back ready to take the deal at the deadline, but are just waiting for him to give up Schenn, or if they are really going to keep Hemsky and won't move him unless Schenn is involved etc etc...

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
02-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Malice430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I don't think we're gonna do anything.
or hes just being tight lipped. remember the Hammond trade fiasco

Old
02-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I can't imagine Michalek costing much seeing the year he's having and the contract he is signed to.

What happened to him? When he was on the Sharks he had 55+ pts and a nice physical game now it's 30+ pts and god knows how he actually plays. Did the Sens disaster bring him down or is his problem time?

4.3M and 3 years is a heck of a lot for a 30pt player....

Old
02-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
What happened to him? When he was on the Sharks he had 55+ pts and a nice physical game now it's 30+ pts and god knows how he actually plays. Did the Sens disaster bring him down or is his problem time?

One word: Senators.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Shellz

TFP:

Quote:
Bolts want a winger RT @erlendssontrib scout from #CBJ here for 2nd night in a row, other teams outside the normal listed LA, VAN & NYR

Old
02-19-2011, 04:26 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
I tend to agree with this. Everybody knows the Kings need top 6 skill badly, and when you couple that with where the team is now (not just battling for playoffs but the big picture as well) it puts DL into a tough position when trying to improve the team through trade, then there's the fact that there is not much out there as far as wingers go in the system or free agency either.
I like this, well said.

I would only add that we have three positions of strength we can deal from and while we as fans may or may not place a high value on either of these three area's and players every other GM around the league does and they are defencive depth, goaltending and talented third/fourth liners.

In the case of the 3/4 liners those are the easiest to fill and as such aren't likely to be of much value on their own unless they are established as being particularly gifted (Simmonds Clifford Lewis etc).

Next is our ridiculous amount of defencive prospect depth. VV is an NHL ready pmd who would like start as a second pairing slick fast D on all but a handful of teams around the league today but he isn't our only exceptional talent. We have a proven solid PMD in A Mart who is an exceptional 3rd pairing player and a good 2nd pairing relief who can play with effectiveness on a 2nd PP unit and is an acceptable PKer.

We have Whiskie who is a proven 3rd pairing stay at home d man that can skate pretty well and isn't going to kill you in critical situations. He may not be sought after like A Mart is (so its said) but he is better then some and as good as most.

We have Muzzin who may be a bit green but is absolutely capable of stepping into playing in the NHL today and being an acceptable 3rd pairing rookie for the rest of the season who will easily develop into a second pairing guy within his first full season. He also plays with a bit of an edge at times.

After that we have everything from Hickey to Forbort and Deslauries to offer most of not all of which are coveted by other GM's.

We have Jones and Zhat down on the farm and while Jones appears to be the better of the two either would be a decent add to any system that I can see (since both are at least the rest of this season away if not one more).

The one area that I can't see us dealing from at all is talented skill players in the top 6. DL isn't likely to deal Schenn, Loktionov, Toffoli, Vey or Kitsyn to name a few unless the return was for a top notch young talented sniper who is clearly THE player that we need to complete our top six.

I could see him moving a D prospect or two without hurting our systemic development and I could see him moving one of our solid 3/4 line grinding hard nosed kids as well but I can't see any combination of either of these two groups bringing us back what we need and as such, with the way DL has been building our team/system I can't see him doing anything to jeopardize damaging what he has already done.

As such, I am hopeful that we will stand pat at this point and work on the team again during the off season. I would rather wait until we get a chance to really evaluate Tofolli, Vey Schenn, Kozun and Moller before I do anything else.

Unless there is a legitimate blockbuster deal coming down the pike where we will all be shocked and happy with the talented top three forward that we got in return.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
TFP:
.......Will they trade for Parse/Poni? We need the space anyway.....

Old
02-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post

He's still their best forward....

Old
02-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
He's recovering from knee injuries too, something we as Kings fans know real well...

Old
02-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
I would say Spezza or Alfredsson might be a tad bit better than Michalek.

Old
02-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Bryanbryoil

Ho Hum Hemsky with a 3 point night. Penner was pretty bad in this game but Hemsky was doing quite well.

02-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Mike The Franchise

How about Milan Hejduk? Avs are tanking it and most probably will turn into sellers. Hejduk is a first line winger and a sniper as well. I think this is what the Kings really need without giving up too much and being asked to put Schenn on the trade proposal.

Old
02-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Ho Hum Hemsky with a 3 point night. Penner was pretty bad in this game but Hemsky was doing quite well.
He must want out.

Old
02-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
I'll remember that when the Oilers are taking another lottery pick in June!

Old
02-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
He must want out.
I don't care as long as we get a really good return

Old
02-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I'll remember that when the Oilers are taking another lottery pick in June!
I'm looking forward to it. I'm really liking the thought of us possibly landing RNH, Larsson, Couturier, or to a lesser extent Landeskog (just because we are already loaded on the wing).

Old
02-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Orenji

Meh, the only teams that I could imagine we would seriously discuss Schenn with would be the Avs for Stastny and Caps for Semin.

The Avalanche did say the only untouchable was Duchene.

Old
02-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
I'm looking forward to it. I'm really liking the thought of us possibly landing RNH, Larsson, Couturier, or to a lesser extent Landeskog (just because we are already loaded on the wing).
I actually think Landeskog is the best of the bunch.

Old
02-19-2011, 05:59 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
the art of fighting without fighting!
So, applying that to DL and the Kings it should read:

The art of Improving without Improving?

Might be time for another $50,000.00 outburst!

Old
02-19-2011, 06:03 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Hemsky was amazing tonight.

There really isn't any reason for the Oil to deal him at all. His value is lower than his asking price due to his injuries but one healthy year and it goes back up through the roof and they can either move him for a ton or re-sign him and have another star forward to mentor the kids.

When AH is on which means when he is 100% healthy he is one of the top 10 in the game.

Old
02-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Shellz

Quote:
.......Will they trade for Parse/Poni? We need the space anyway.....
Tampa is playing Florida. So, I assume the Kings are looking at the Panthers...AGAIN.

Old
02-19-2011, 06:10 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

^^^^
Top 10 in the game? I don't think so.

Closed Thread