HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2-19-11 - If a game is played in the south & it wasn't broadcast, did it happen ?

Old
02-19-2011, 09:21 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
SOB

aaaaand four on four... we are terrible four on four.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:26 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

If Suter is down for a while what do we do? We suuuuuck without Suter

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Fisher ... seriously

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:33 PM
SK74 Snipes

And obrien cost us the game

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:34 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK74 Snipes View Post
And obrien cost us the game
No, the team playing like complete and utter crap cost us the game tonight.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:36 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Looked so out of it tonight... so ****ing pissed off

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Fisher ... seriously

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Milly79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Fisher ... seriously
Give the guy a break. Feed showed POSSIBLY a slight tip by Morris to put it off-direction. Either way, RH (Horny) to RH (Fish) normally doesn't work. If it was a LHer that was a sure goal.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 10:05 PM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
The Coyotes play a style that tends to leave fans of opposing teams feeling like their team play poorly. I can't help but feel the Preds have a similar effect because I wasn't terribly impressed with the Yotes tonight.

Best of luck with the rest of the season.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Wow. Completely pedestrian, uninvolved effort by the preds tonight. Any momentary line chemistry was happenstance. Way to support the sellout, guys!

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 10:41 PM
SK74 Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Trotz didn't seem to think so. If we could could have played the way we did in the third the whole game then we could have easily won. He obviously didn't cost us the entire game but taking a Stupid penalty (which hes known to do) stopped us from having a 3-2 game with a lot of time left and a lot of momentum. So maybe it didn't cost us the game but I think it played a pretty big role. And him holding up a white towel I don't really agree with either considering it was pretty blatant. I love the way he plays he plays hard and with a lot of passion but you just can't take those kinds of penalties.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Did Dr. Trotz say anything about Suter?

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 11:28 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Did Dr. Trotz say anything about Suter?
Let's hope not. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another concussion though. I really hate Doan. Not a good game by Suter. Cluster-f turnover on the Yotes 2nd goal.

Sully sucks, btw. Bring up Klasen please.

And can we just please stop trying to play offense on 4-4, and instead, just hold the puck behind our net.

Last edited by gopreds19: 02-19-2011 at 11:35 PM.
gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 11:46 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

My guess on Suter is concussion. Hopefully I'm wrong.

It's a shame that we really can't afford to let Pekka have an off night. It's also a shame that any sense of urgency was absent until the 1 minute mark of the third.

When our offense dries up, you don't necessarily see a lack of forecheck...it's what happens on the forecheck. Endless cycling, guys getting stuck behind the net with no one supporting the puck, pucks dumped to areas where there's nothing but opposing players. Part of the problem is the lines right now...putting Wilson with Smithson and Ward only creates a line that has neither offense nor defense. Similar with putting Spaling on the line he's on.

Couldn't really participate in the "ref you suck" chant after the disallowed goal. Shame for Fisher, because he and SK did everything they were supposed to...from that aspect, the goal was perfect. The call was also perfect, because SOB took an idiotic penalty to nullify it. Just totally uncalled for.

Fisher had the tying goal on his stick two times after that, just didn't quite happen for him. I feel bad for him at the moment because his compete level is just steps above everyone elses(outside of maybe Hornqvist and SK). I hope he doesn't catch the "no big deal" that's going around the locker room right now.

When exactly was the last time we won two games in a row? Before the ASG? The ONLY silver lining is that the Kings and Ducks lost games they should have won, and Dallas is losing to Vancouver. The flipside to that is that we failed to put some ground behind us. Factoring in OT and SO losses, we're now 14 and 13 at home. With the bulk of our games remaining, that's a little worrisome. Simply going 500 at home for the rest of the season likely means we miss the playoffs.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:24 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

we are the worst 4 on 4 team in the league

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Just posted a TON of Coyotes and Predators post game audio/video/etc to the end of the GDT on the Coyotes board. Feel free to check it out.

Old
02-20-2011, 06:17 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK74 Snipes View Post
Trotz didn't seem to think so. If we could could have played the way we did in the third the whole game then we could have easily won. He obviously didn't cost us the entire game but taking a Stupid penalty (which hes known to do) stopped us from having a 3-2 game with a lot of time left and a lot of momentum. So maybe it didn't cost us the game but I think it played a pretty big role. And him holding up a white towel I don't really agree with either considering it was pretty blatant. I love the way he plays he plays hard and with a lot of passion but you just can't take those kinds of penalties.
There's two problems with this statement. If we could have is one which leads to we didn't play a full 60 minutes. If the coach didn't think we played that poorly then he needs his head examined. Phoenix plays a stifling defensive game, much like we do but it wasn't until the end of the game where we started skating and until the very end where we started checking. The game is 60 minutes long, we played for about 10 or so. Big problem there to me.

Just because we could've gotten the game to 3-2 doesn't mean we win. The game from that point on has changed. Maybe we tie it up, maybe we don't. He also cleared a path for Fisher with his penalty so possibly if he doesn't do that, Fisher doesn't get the shot he gets off and it's still 3-1. We'll never know.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:37 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

For whatever reason this team can't take hold of opportunity to seperate from the pack. But at least this far every time we have had to win to stay in the playoffs they have come through. We beat detroit twice and vancouver but lose to edmonton. Frustrating. And if suter is out for any long stretch we are hosed. Weber was nothing more than ordinary when suter was injured earlier this year

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

If suter is out for any great lengths of time, I think we are toast...

That being said, Poile is really going to have to work some magic because...

1. If suter is injured, we will need a defenseman for NOW.
2. If Goc is injured more than two weeks, Poile needs to figure out of he is comfortable with the current forward group to get the job done.
3. We are not a consistent in the offensive zone and it is killing us. Right now we have too many depth players and not enough true offensive players.
4. As much as it pains me to say it, the wheels have come flying off the sullivan wagon.
5. Why do we not reunite the svatos wilson legwand line?
6. Its only one loss, but for every one step forward we have one step going back. Something needs to shake this team up because we have been stuck in neutral since the all star break.
7. Is Bam Bam the answer at center?
8. I think trotz has so many options at forward he doesn't know what to do with all of them...

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Fisher had the tying goal on his stick two times after that, just didn't quite happen for him. I feel bad for him at the moment because his compete level is just steps above everyone elses(outside of maybe Hornqvist and SK). I hope he doesn't catch the "no big deal" that's going around the locker room right now.
I hope he gets healthy for you guys soon. He really couldn't score here in ottawa the last 15 games or so. It was obvious that something was wrong with his upper body. We didn't find out until after he got traded that he had the rib injury. It's got to still be affecting him.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:34 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

did any of you think when svatos got caught with a hit his first night back, he got injured?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
did any of you think when svatos got caught with a hit his first night back, he got injured?
First thing that came to my head actually.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Jarnberg

I love all that Sully has done for our franchise, but I think his time is up. He looks like a shell of his former self. He continually loses pucks and doesn't have the speed which made him so deadly. I know he's battled injuries but that seems to be a consistent theme for the guy.

2 points in his last 7 games since coming back.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:35 PM
cleangene

Is it just me, or have the PREDS looked extremely slower since Mueller and Hals went back to Milwaukee????

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:44 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
For whatever reason this team can't take hold of opportunity to seperate from the pack. But at least this far every time we have had to win to stay in the playoffs they have come through. We beat detroit twice and vancouver but lose to edmonton. Frustrating. And if suter is out for any long stretch we are hosed. Weber was nothing more than ordinary when suter was injured earlier this year
On the bright side, Weber can't be paired with Bouillon this time. That was about the worst possible combination that could have been made and it was kept together throughout Suter's injury.

Somewhat how Hamhuis and Klein were kept together last season even though it was painfully obvious that they had no chemistry together (for some unknown reason).

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote