HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2011, 11:12 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Brown is worth alot more than a pick (non lottery)...so there is that.
Agreed.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Orenji

Quote:
and now, the irony is I am hearing a rumor involving both the Kings and Habs. A deal which could happen late tonight/tomorrow that would send Dustin Brown/or Wayne Simmons to Montreal for a prospect and draft pick which would be used by the Kings to make another trade. A trade which would land them a star.
This makes literally no ****ing sense.

So we trade Simmonds and/or Brown (BOTH?) to the ****ing Canadiens for NOTHING BUT A PICK AND A PROSPECT, and then we somehow take that and get a STAR PLAYER?

Eklund is a moron.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:15 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I lost my entire hockey career to the same injuries that ZP is reputed to have had to his knee, they don't cut you anytime unless it is absolutely required. Allot of BS around the injury and the extent of it and I think that if ZP didn't have such damage that required work that he would have been back in the line up awhile ago. I am putting my faith in Matt.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post

So we trade Simmonds and/or Brown (BOTH?) to the ****ing Canadiens for NOTHING BUT A PICK AND A PROSPECT, and then we somehow take that and get a STAR PLAYER?

Eklund is a moron.

Hahaha. Him and Barry crack me up at times.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Hahaha. Him and Barry crack me up at times.
Atleast Barry gets SOME stuff right....

Old
02-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Atleast Barry gets SOME stuff right....

That's why I said AT TIMES.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Orenji

Eklund's formula is:

*Insert team that just loss a game*

+

*Insert Canadian team*

=

*Insert ******** trade to garner discussion*

Old
02-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Orenji

Also with Colorado having no untouchables, would you guys trade Bryaden Schenn for Paul Stastny? There would be other minimal pieces, but those two would be the main people.

Maybe we can throw in a goalie to make it more lucrative to them, and they throw in another person like Jones.

Stastny could come in right away and become our 2nd line center. Stoll could go back to being a 3rd line two-way center with a wicked shot in shootouts.

If we were going to trade Schenn, I would rather have that than Hemsky or Kessel.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Sure. Stastny is one of the centers that would be worth trading Schenn for, because when it comes down to it, is Schenn's ceiling very far above that?

Old
02-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Did his dog tell him that?

Old
02-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Kessel? lmao. I just got a flash of Kessel's 100% offense, 0 defense style under Murray.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Orenji

Schenn + Bernier or Jones + 1st Rounder (Quick is our #1, and we can't hold Jones in the AHL forever. He shows as much potential a either Quick or Bernier.) for Stastny + Jones

Then Avalanche would have the perfect 2nd line center that will be ready in a year or two. They also get a young goalie they can breed. We get a young all-star who can help us right now with offense and creativity. We also would get a winger who has put up 19 or so goals.

And we could throw them our 1st, so they can have three firsts in the draft.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Lombardi trades Bernier and he will be going against everything he has preached and promised. He would lose serious credibility. Build from the back end out and then trade a critical piece of the back end.

I love Quick, but until he performs in the playoffs or Bernier does, none of them are anointed as the franchise goalie. Regular season wins mean dick.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Orenji

Jones + Schenn + Teubert + Conditional 1st (if we win a playoff series or some crap; if not, it's a 2nd) for Stastny + Jones

Old
02-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
They just said on the Hotstove that the asking price for Hemsky is huge. Lebrun said that one GM told him, "they can keep Hemsky".
Sounds like a HFBoards trade discussion.

Quote:
$50 that was Lombardi.
There is a good possibility

Quote:
Also with Colorado having no untouchables, would you guys trade Bryaden Schenn for Paul Stastny? There would be other minimal pieces, but those two would be the main people.

Maybe we can throw in a goalie to make it more lucrative to them, and they throw in another person like Jones.

Stastny could come in right away and become our 2nd line center. Stoll could go back to being a 3rd line two-way center with a wicked shot in shootouts.

If we were going to trade Schenn, I would rather have that than Hemsky or Kessel.
I dunno, I mean, you can't turn it down if they offer him straight up or anything, but Colorado would have no incentive to trade Stastny for Schenn, unless it is a package for Bernier, and there is no way that is happening. I would prefer to keep Schenn and let him develop rather than lose Bernier in the process. A winger can easily be acquired without Schenn, just have to out wait many of these asshat GM's thinking they are going to pressure us into giving him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Lombardi trades Bernier and he will be going against everything he has preached and promised. He would lose serious credibility. Build from the back end out and then trade a critical piece of the back end.

I love Quick, but until he performs in the playoffs or Bernier does, none of them are anointed as the franchise goalie. Regular season wins mean dick.
Bingo. There is no sense whatsoever in trading either one. Both are essentially number one goaltenders signed for under $2 million each for 3 seasons... Can't beat having those two behind us just in case. What happens if we lose Quick to injury?

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Orenji

Also why the hell would Montreal make a trade tomorrow? Aren't they focusing on the Heritage Classic?

Old
02-20-2011, 01:00 AM
onlyalad

Quote:
Also why the hell would Montreal make a trade tomorrow? Aren't they focusing on the Heritage Classic?
You know CBC would love the Habs to make a blockbuster trade during the game.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Orenji

If we traded Simmonds (and/or Brown) for a prospect and 1st round pick, I'm pretty sure our board would get overloaded with 'FIRE DEAN LOMBARDI' threads.

A team who is tied for 6th place in the West does not trade their captain.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

It sounds like Tambellini is swinging for the fences with Hemsky and IMO that is the right approach as he is our top trading chip, IMO if he isn't moved at the deadline he will probably be moved at the draft.

02-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
If we traded Simmonds (and/or Brown) for a prospect and 1st round pick, I'm pretty sure our board would get overloaded with 'FIRE DEAN LOMBARDI' threads.

A team who is tied for 6th place in the West does not trade their captain.
Agreed, where does Eklund come up with this stuff?

Old
02-20-2011, 01:28 AM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It sounds like Tambellini is swinging for the fences with Hemsky and IMO that is the right approach as he is our top trading chip, IMO if he isn't moved at the deadline he will probably be moved at the draft.
No way BBO if he doesn't move now there will be an extention on July 2nd, reason he will get more than ever right now at the draft with only that year left plus no presure to make the playoffs or win a couple rounds Hemsky's value will drop. Plus he's only 27 and Eberle will pass him as our 1st line RW and when Hemsky becomes your second line RW you have a good team

Old
02-20-2011, 01:28 AM
SONTOULOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post

but ts the regular season WINS that get you to the playoffs!!!! where do you do your thinking?? Quick's 25 years old.....Berniers 23.....not a Huge difference....Quick has been in the NHL for 162 games....Bernier is here for 24 games!!! Trade Bernier and get somethg in return thats worthy....and stop crying about not having a franchise goalie, the Kings got lucky, & got Quick at the right time.....move on already

Old
02-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontos View Post
but ts the regular season WINS that get you to the playoffs!!!! where do you do your thinking?? Quick's 25 years old.....Berniers 23.....not a Huge difference....Quick has been in the NHL for 162 games....Bernier is here for 24 games!!! Trade Bernier and get somethg in return thats worthy....and stop crying about not having a franchise goalie, the Kings got lucky, & got Quick at the right time.....move on already
Sorry man, I don't speak ADHD. Somewhere in there I know you were trying to make a point about trading Bernier. Let me know when the thought presents itself sequentially.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:41 AM
tomd

Quote:

Eklund is a moron.
well, I am NOT advocating this but it could be Simmonds to Montreal for a 1st and then the Kings package that 1st plus their own and maybe a prospect to Edmonton for Hemsky. Hemsky replaces Simmonds and the Kings have their star.

NOT proposing this...just giving a possible scenario...

Old
02-20-2011, 01:42 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontos View Post
Oh snap the experts back. Wait here while I go inform Andy Sutton.

Closed Thread