HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2011, 01:14 AM
SONTOULOS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Oh snap the experts back. Wait here while I go inform Andy Sutton.
How many NHL teams have 2 goalies that can be potential #1 ?? LA cannot continue having these two in the system with Jones in as well. Quick is & will be the # 1 for along time. Trade Bernier now & get something that's worthy to help the team. If Halak was traded, then the Kings should do the same.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

I keep looking at Jason Arnott and asking, if the Devils wanted to get rid of him, does Dean take him? His contract is up at the end of this season. He is a center. Can play wing. Two way player. Put Zeus in 4th line role.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:20 AM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by sontos View Post
How many NHL teams have 2 goalies that can be potential #1 ?? LA cannot continue having these two in the system with Jones in as well. Quick is & will be the # 1 for along time. Trade Bernier now & get something that's worthy to help the team. If Halak was traded, then the Kings should do the same.
Its been said numerous times, we have both JB and JQ locked up for cheap for the next three years. There is no need or rush to trade either any time soon. Why rush and make the wrong trade when you can be patient.

Old
02-20-2011, 02:02 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Some interesting stuff from Travis Yost on www.hockeybuzz.com, he's a Sens writer:

Quote:
One team not mentioned above? The Los Angeles Kings. LA, much like Pittsburgh, holds Ales Hemsky as their primary target, but they've decided to take a closer look at another forward in Ottawa in Milan Michalek as a back-up plan. The Kings want a younger player with more drive and step in his game, and there's really no debating Michalek's skill set when healthy. For Ottawa, proving 9MM's health is going to be pivotal in winning a deal for their talented winger, but a deal here is going to be difficult.

It does seem peculiar that the Kings scouts wouldn't be at a game where the player they're coveting - to at least some extent - is seeing valuable ice time. Don't put too much stock into it just yet - they've been around Scotiabank in previous games, and play three more games next week before the deadline.

The Los Angeles Kings know full well that Milan Michalek might be the most valuable player that's a realistic acquisition now that Ales Hemsky's price has taken off. The Senators, much like the Oilers in respect to AH, are reluctant to deal Michalek, and of all the players rumored to be moved from Ottawa, we haven't heard much on this front. There were rumblings when he was struggling earlier in the year, but he's found his step and looks like he can be a part of the rebuilding process.

Right now, it sure sounds like the Kings interest is in preliminary stages - they've scouted Michalek in past games, but the fact that they weren't in attendance tonight can give at least some credence to the theory that the Czech native might be a last-second, panic-type acquisition for a Kings team that's desperate to make the playoffs. In short: If the teams around them continue to improve, Michalek is going to become a much bigger commodity than originally anticipated, and the Kings are going to go hard after him.

Fan reaction to dealing Michalek is mixed, and if anything, probably leaning towards 'keep' than 'move'. But, with the market absolutely barren and the only big names seemingly out of reach of contenders, it could be Michalek who becomes the hottest name in hockey come February 28th, and Ottawa would be foolish not to listen.

Again, the Kings are looking to shop deals that include a mixture of Wayne Simmonds, their first round pick, and Andrei Loktionov. Vyacheslav Voynov has also been mentioned, but you have to imagine Ottawa isn't interested in another young defenseman at this time. I don't think any official offers at any stage have been offered here, but I fully expect this front to heat up.
Matt Barry added this on his blog, lol pretty funny stuff because it just sounds ridiculous.. Dustin Brown & Wayne Simmonds for a prospect and a draft pick?!? whaaat..?

Quote:
This just came in from Ek...

...and now, the irony is I am hearing a rumor involving both the Kings and Habs. A deal which could happen late tonight/tomorrow that would send Dustin Brown/or Wayne Simmons to Montreal for a prospect and draft pick which would be used by the Kings to make another trade. A trade which would land them a star.

I will be shocked if dustin Brown is traded. Unless the Kings have some sort of miracle deal that would bring Booth AND Weiss to the Kings, I just don't see them moving their captain.

As Lombardi told Helene today, "I don't think I'm close to anything". Then again, when Hammond asked him about a possible Williams deal, Lombardi admitted to flat out lying to him.

As for Simmonds... well... his partner in crime was dealt last night so ANYTHING is possible.

Lombardi DOES like to work 3-team-trades but to change the "culture", to change the "core", to stick with a plan, stick with a plan, stick with a plan and then all of a sudden blow it up?

It doesn't make any sense.

I don't believe it for a second. Then again Blues fans would have said the same thing about Johnson last night.

Considering the Kings are on a plane right now for the next 5 hours, with Lombardi on board, doesn't look like anything will happen tonight.
There really isn't prospect from Montreal that I like other than Pacioretty (if he's still considered a prospect) or Louis Leblanc

Old
02-20-2011, 02:04 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
I think oilers have every right to swing for the fences for Hemsky and or Penner

same way King fans swing for the Fences in any discussion about Schenn

With Schenn you have potential and with Hemsky you know what you are getting--when healthy he is a .90 pts per game person--him staying healthy is the fun part--with Schenn it is "He could be he will be".

I am one of the oiler fans that is pushing for Schenn--but it will cost a lot more then Hemsky to get him and the asking price is more then the oilers will be willing to pay

Everyone is under the assumption that the Oilers have to move either hemsky or Penner --but they don't

Unless Eberle, Omark and MPS can step it up--people will start to ask questions about them and resiging both HEmsky and PEnner may look more and more like a good idea.

How the picture looks depends on where you are standing. LA is in a four way tie with 68pts and unless the owner tells DL that he needs to get to the second round this year--DL will stand pat. Kings have lots of kids coming up, they are young and he is building a monster. And unless the owner tells DL he needs the secound round this year--DL may try for say Kovalev from the Sens for a 3rd

Old
02-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Pac-Man for Simmonds would be a good deal for both squads. The Habs could use a guy like Simmonds and the Kings could really use a finisher on the LW like Pacioretty.

Old
02-20-2011, 02:47 AM
wicker

I've finally come to accept that no miracle trade is going to happen, and that even if it did, it wouldn't help us out much. We are not a Hemsky away from doing damage, and the cost seems to be too great, anyway.

Old
02-20-2011, 03:06 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
I've finally come to accept that no miracle trade is going to happen, and that even if it did, it wouldn't help us out much. We are not a Hemsky away from doing damage, and the cost seems to be too great, anyway.
That all depends IMO. You already have a solid defense and some battle hardened vets that have playoff experience. If you could get solid goaltending from Quick you could make some waves in the west. That said Detroit and Vancouver will be tough to beat.

02-20-2011, 04:16 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
.......Will they trade for Parse/Poni? We need the space anyway.....
Just remember...TB has the million dollar mistake there... I'm afraid that he'd be in any deal made with them... To play it safe...avoid Tampa like the plague...

Old
02-20-2011, 04:20 AM
Orenji

Quote:
96 Points? Forget it. 100 points Ainít Gonna Do It
That was the general consensus at the start of the season. You would need 96 points to make the playoffs.

That would mean, if the Kings finished the season 14-8 , they would have 96 points.

Sorry, but that ainít gonna get it done. Even though Western Conference teams will be mostly playing Western conference Teams, thereís always that dreaded three point game.

I honestly believe we could be looking at a season in which 100 points WONT get you into the playoffs in the West.

There are 4 teams with 68 points. Most have played 59 games leaving 23 games left. In order to reach 100 points, each team would need 32 points or 16 wins.

Chances are, if youíre WORSE than 16-7 to close out the season, you ainít making the post season.

Truth be told, since the Kings have 7 shootout wins (which donít count in tie-breker situations), theyíre most likely going top have to win the division.
Barry is really dumb/wrong when it comes to projections.

100 points might not get you into playoffs?

He does understand the the West teams competing for the top eight spots will be taking points from each other, right? Even with three point games, we can do that too, you know. We're tied for 6th currently and just need to play above average hockey and do well at home.

Unlike last season, the West will be more top heavy and then a lot of teams around the 90 to 96 point range, I think. Getting 95/96 points will probably get us in from the 5th to 8th spot.

Last edited by Orenji: 02-20-2011 at 04:30 AM.
Old
02-20-2011, 05:27 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I wish there was this kind of trade market when the Kings were sellers. Everything seems to be at a premium. I don't like it, I'd prefer not to make a move if you can't make one without paying through the nose.

Old
02-20-2011, 08:36 AM
R0CKET

Brown or Somonds - hmm? Maybe DL sees the huge returns going for guys like Fisher and Versteg and thinks the way to go is deal one of them for a big return of future picks and then add our 1st?

Given the 2 deals (Fisher / Versteeg) Brown seems like he'd be at least equal and likely higher in value that either of those guys. So if Brown were going to Mon then maybe you get Max Pac and their 1st, flip the 1st with our 1st and a good prospect not named Schenn to Edm for Hemsky? Simmonds would probably not get that much from Mon right now because they want to more established NHL player to help them win now.

But if DL were going to consider dealing Brown why not just send him to Edm with a prospect for Hemsky if that is his guy?

Hemsky is a great talent (who I would love to have) and is playing really hot right now but, what his durability still worries me and now we would be dealing an actual NHL top six wing to get him so if he goes down again it really takes this team back. If we got a deal done for Brown like the above then at least we'd have Max Pac?

Old
02-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Orenji

It's Eklund. The dude always takes teams who lose a game and then links them to a trade with a Canadian team. It's a full proof plan to make people interested.

Especially since Montreal can think about getting a Top 6 forward in Brown and a grinder like Simmonds for absolutely ****.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Orenji

So I check the Habs board to see what they say about the Eklund rumor, an I say that Simmonds might be moved, but I don't see anyway we move our captain while we're on a 8-1-3 streak and currently in a playoff spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
There are the worst to talk trade to. They think that every player they have is better then player x or y from other team and ask for the moon , Yet year after year they never make the playoffs.
Has far has EK is concern, well they are rumors and I'm sure he has about haft of those right....it's just GMs who never pull the triger that then makes it legit.

The other Hab posters are respectful, though. But that guy was hilarious.

Old
02-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Orenji

I am going to throw this out now and say we will trade a package with Schenn to Colorado for Stastny before the deadline with other pieces included. The chances of it happening are low, but if it happens, I can gloat.

Old
02-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I am going to throw this out now and say we will trade a package with Schenn to Colorado for Stastny before the deadline with other pieces included. The chances of it happening are low, but if it happens, I can gloat.
I've always liked Stastny and would do that in a heartbeat. Would think Colorodo would be interested in Bernier but maybe we could entice them with Jones.

My guess is we are shopping Simmonds, #1, and Voynov hard for anything that resembles a top 6 winger.

We also have prospects like Vey, Weal, and Czarnik to throw in.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Youngblood93

Would You?

If Burke offered Kessel, Kadri and Bos 1st for Schenn would you take it?

Old
02-20-2011, 01:19 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
Hard not to say no to that, especially with Loktionov's emergence. We don't need another pick though, but it's still hard to say no, especially since I'm Lebanese and Nazem Kadri is a Leb too hahaha . Kessel is a RW though, doesn't really help us, we're stacked on the right side

Old
02-20-2011, 01:21 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Hell yes, but a prospect doesn't get you a package like that and Burke isn't an idiot.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Hard not to say no to that, especially with Loktionov's emergence. We don't need another pick though, but it's still hard to say no, especially since I'm Lebanese and Nazem Kadri is a Leb too hahaha . Kessel is a RW though, doesn't really help us, we're stacked on the right side
I know the Kings are stacked at RW but I don't think any of them are 1st line RWs. Kessel would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Hell yes, but a prospect doesn't get you a package like that and Burke isn't an idiot.
I know a prospect wouldn't return that package but I am trying to see what overpayment TOR would have to pay LA for that Schenn.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Fat Elvis

I have a feeling that DL will over pay for Stillman. Just got that feeling something like this will be the "big move" for LA. Similar to last season. Aging vet for prospect+picks, we've seen it since before Cliff Ronning or Grant Fuhr.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The one thing I don't see Lombardi doing is a panic move, I can't see him overspending for a player who is on the verge of retirement in Stillman. A draft pick should suffice, maybe a marginal prospect.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The one thing I don't see Lombardi doing is a panic move, I can't see him overspending for a player who is on the verge of retirement in Stillman. A draft pick should suffice, maybe a marginal prospect.
I'm not calling it a panic move, just a move DL has done as recently as last season.

Old
02-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Fat Elvis

I also think LA will deal Poni to MTL or NYR for a pick (3rd).

I'd like to see LA try to improve and pick up a Booth, Michalek or Neal type player, not sure it happens. If it does, I can see most of us hating the cost of such a deal.

Old
02-20-2011, 02:47 PM
noway

Quote:
I know the Kings are stacked at RW but I don't think any of them are 1st line RWs. Kessel would be.

I know a prospect wouldn't return that package but I am trying to see what overpayment TOR would have to pay LA for that Schenn.
Leafs are in no danger of making/missing the playoffs this year. Burke won't overpay. LA would have to give up more than Schenn to get Kessel. Schenn is a just a prospect with 9 uneventful NHL games under his belt where he scored a grand total of 2 assists. Although Burke is interested in prospects, I think maybe you are making too much of the fact that his brother plays for Toronto. Having 2 brothers play on the same team can be either a good thing or a bad thing.

Closed Thread