Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Huselius wants to come back?

Old
02-19-2011, 09:33 PM
sureloss

vCash: 50
Huselius wants to come back?

Hot stove lounge on HNIC said that Huselius has requested a trade to only one place and that is to Calgary.

He still has another year at 4.7 million, don't see it happening.

sureloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Grannys

vCash: 500
And like they said on hotstove... aint gonna happen with Flames cap situation.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:52 PM
GaryTheGreatRoberts

Hagman 3m
Stajan 3.5m

Cgy Gets
Huselius- 4.7m
Sestito

Last edited by GaryTheGreatRoberts: 02-19-2011 at 09:58 PM.
GaryTheGreatRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:56 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
and voracek too bad he isnt makin 2-3 instead of that disgusting contract

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 10:07 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

They'd have to take Hagman for sure, probably some other salary as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hulihulius on the team again though, although I'm sure some others don't feel the same way. I'm very interested to hear this rumor, and if we can somehow land this guy while not breaking the bank for next year, I'd be thrilled.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 10:25 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
They'd have to take Hagman for sure, probably some other salary as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hulihulius on the team again though, although I'm sure some others don't feel the same way. I'm very interested to hear this rumor, and if we can somehow land this guy while not breaking the bank for next year, I'd be thrilled.
i love Juice.. but his contract is just too much

Old
02-19-2011, 10:33 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
i love Juice.. but his contract is just too much
Yeah, I just looked at capgeek... unless they take both Hagman and Stajan we probably won't be able to afford Tanguay or Glencross next year. Just not worth it.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:37 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
Yeah, I just looked at capgeek... unless they take both Hagman and Stajan we probably won't be able to afford Tanguay or Glencross next year. Just not worth it.
How man years does he have left?
What about a deal like this:
To columbus:
Hagman
Kotalik or staios

To calgary:
Huselius
(roster player with low cap hit)

Don't know if Columbus would consider this deal but I would

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

A deal based around Stajan and Huselius would be an absolutely fantastic one for Calgary based on the cap alone. Huselius may carry a 1.25M higher cap hit, but is also an UFA after next year while Stajan has another three years left after this one. Huselius had great chemistry with Iginla when he was here too so he could always be an option for the 1st line LW should Tanguay get injured or if the Flames were unable to re-sign him.

I definitely wouldn't mind something like Stajan+Hagman/Staios/Kotalik for Huselius. But of course, I doubt the Blue Jackets are interested in Stajan and there's no sense in acquiring Huselius unless Stajan is involved.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Xelstyle

Loved the offense that Juice brought, but he's almost if not as bad as Bourque when it comes to his streakyness. The minimum that the Jackets must take off our hands is Stajan, and if we could add Hagman in order for a prospect coming our way (I'd like me some Matthew Calvert), that makes it better.

Doubt it would happen, but one can dream.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Remember2004

I loved when juice was here.
Cgy: Huselius 4.7m
CLb: Hagman 3.0m (Staios 2.7 or Kotalik 3.0m) as mentioned above
But why would Clb want Hagman or Staios or Kotalik? We would likely have to add to entice them to move him unless Juice is really on there ***** about asking for a trade. If we do acquire him then his contract is over at the end of 2012.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureloss View Post
Hot stove lounge on HNIC said that Huselius has requested a trade to only one place and that is to Calgary.

He still has another year at 4.7 million, don't see it happening.
Well Juice, the grass isn't always greener on the other side, is it?

I would do Stajan for Huselius, ship Hagman for a 2nd rounder and an average prospect. The problem is Stajan's NTC, and I doubt he would waive to go to Columbus. Still, just as a look-see:

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Lunatik*

thats a really interesting thing for a player to say... I'm not sure what to think to be honest... his salary is bloated and IMO the Blue Jackets would have to take on salary in any deal because of Juice's salary being so bloated... but I do not want to move Stajan for him... let alone Stajan AND Hagman... moving 2 top 9 forwards for a guy on pace for 50 points is stupid... I think I would offer Hagman & Kotalik for Juice as a base... but even then I don't like Huselius' contract 1 bit

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:26 AM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
thats a really interesting thing for a player to say... I'm not sure what to think to be honest... his salary is bloated and IMO the Blue Jackets would have to take on salary in any deal because of Juice's salary being so bloated... but I do not want to move Stajan for him... let alone Stajan AND Hagman... moving 2 top 9 forwards for a guy on pace for 50 points is stupid... I think I would offer Hagman & Kotalik for Juice as a base... but even then I don't like Huselius' contract 1 bit
The problem with sending Kotalik is that he's not even counting against our cap anyways, so we're not moving enough salary if it's just him and Hagman going over.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Signature
PEEP PEEP PARTY

I always was a fan of Huselius, skill-wise. Great hands, absolutely great. Did not like his work ethic... he could be "Datsyukian" in his offencive play (not even close defencively though) if he had the drive to play with more effort. That price tag does not help.

Why did he leave again? Was it FA chasing the money?

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:47 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
I always was a fan of Huselius, skill-wise. Great hands, absolutely great. Did not like his work ethic... he could be "Datsyukian" in his offencive play (not even close defencively though) if he had the drive to play with more effort. That price tag does not help.

Why did he leave again? Was it FA chasing the money?
I'm not even sure Sutter offered him a contract

Old
02-20-2011, 01:52 AM
DBU
Stars

Quote:
I'm not even sure Sutter offered him a contract
This is what I understood... Basically it came down to Langkow and Huselius, and Sutter picked Lanks.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 03:45 AM
flames123

I could see a deal centred around Hagman and Huselius for sure. Only way it happens tho cuz we need to send out dead weight too.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:20 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

if we could somehow ship stajan out, than send a package around hagman id be all over it.. (or the other way around) he brought that creativity element that we only have in tanguay. juice is awesome, but only if we can flip stajan and hagman somehow for him

Old
02-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
if we could somehow ship stajan out, than send a package around hagman id be all over it.. (or the other way around) he brought that creativity element that we only have in tanguay. juice is awesome, but only if we can flip stajan and hagman somehow for him
I just want to get this straight...

you want to trade Matt Stajan who is on a 0.50 point per game pace and is not a liability in either end of the rink... and Niklas Hagman who is producing on a 0.43 point per game pace who is extremely reliable defensively... both of whom are having their worst season in a couple years... for Kristian 'Useless' Huselius who is on a point per game pace of 0.60 who is a healthy scratch on a less offensive team than us and wouldn't know defense if it slapped him in the face

my response to that idea can be summed up in 2 words...

**** no!

Old
02-20-2011, 09:22 AM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

My only issue (same with Tangs) is that during playoffs, they don't shoot. At all. Juice is a great player but he's gotta step it up come playoff time.

I'd love to have him back if we could and at a good cap hit.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
I'd take him on reentry waivers.

Wouldn't trade for that contract though.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
I just want to get this straight...

you want to trade Matt Stajan who is on a 0.50 point per game pace and is not a liability in either end of the rink... and Niklas Hagman who is producing on a 0.43 point per game pace who is extremely reliable defensively... both of whom are having their worst season in a couple years... for Kristian 'Useless' Huselius who is on a point per game pace of 0.60 who is a healthy scratch on a less offensive team than us and wouldn't know defense if it slapped him in the face

my response to that idea can be summed up in 2 words...

**** no!
Your love for Matt Stajan knows no bounds. I just don't understand it.

One of the key reasons to deal both Stajan and Hagman is to create some cap flexibility next year and beyond.

For next year, the team would free up $1.75M in cap space, which could be invaluable in trying to re-sign Tanguay and/or Glencross. For 2012-13, they would gain Huselius' $4.75M cap space. By not making the deal, they would still have Stajan's $3.5M cap hit on the books until 2014-15.

Stajan is a good complementary player, but he's not worth $3.5M annually. I like Hagman, but he just hasn't found a fit in Calgary.

Huselius could be a good fit back in Calgary. The team still lacks playmakers, and Huselius fits the bill. He might just be the guy who helps get Rene Bourque back on track. Put Huselius on a line with Backlund and Bourque, and his defensive deficiencies would be masked since both players are excellent defensive players. Yet, this third line could be very dangerous offensively.

Now, if the team could deal other players for Huselius (e.g., Staios, Kotalik), then they should make the move. But dealing Stajan and Hagman for Huselius+ isn't a bad idea.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Oblivion

I really loved Huselius when he was overachieving, but by the end of his tenure I wasn't really a fan and was actually fairly pleased he was gone. Sutter has made his fair share of mistakes, but letting Huselius go wasn't one of them, even moreso considering the amount Columbus gave him.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Wasn't juice a healthy scratch for the last bit of his final year here? Streaky as hell too. I wouldn't want him back, unless Stajan is going back the other way. Don't want that contract.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote