HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Huselius

Old
02-20-2011, 10:50 AM
MVW

vCash: 50
Huselius

Hey guys,

Last night on CBC on the Hot Stove Lounge they were saying that Hueslius has requested a trade and he only wants to go back to Calgary. I'm curious what you guys would expect Calgary to send over if a deal was to be made between the 2 teams.

Thanks,

MVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Hey guys,

Last night on CBC on the Hot Stove Lounge they were saying that Hueslius has requested a trade and he only wants to go back to Calgary. I'm curious what you guys would expect Calgary to send over if a deal was to be made between the 2 teams.

Thanks,
Beat writer for the Columbus Dispatch Tom Reed reports:

Quote:
#CBJ general manager Scott Howson tells Dispatch that rumors of Kristian Huselius asking for a trade are false.
http://twitter.com/TReedDispatch/sta...61345631698944

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Also stated in that same Hot Stove segment.

Both Huselius' agent and Scott Howsen denied such a request was ever made.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Monk

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:01 AM
MVW

If this is true, it makes sense that everyone involved would be denying the rumor now if it was leaked. Regardless, what would you guys expect from Calgary. I know what I would offer from our standpoint.

Just curious....

Old
02-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
If this is true, it makes sense that everyone involved would be denying the rumor now if it was leaked. Regardless, what would you guys expect from Calgary. I know what I would offer from our standpoint.

Just curious....
We're actually not sellers for once so probably a top 6 forward of equal value to replace Huselius for this season.

02-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Regehr

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Regehr
This.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:15 AM
MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
We're actually not sellers for once so probably a top 6 forward of equal value to replace Huselius for this season.
I assume you are aware of Juice's cap hit, he is overpaid by 1-1.25 million. A somewhat of a bad contract would have to be going back your way. Personally, I would be willing to part with Stajan to bring Huselius back. You can laugh, but he does free up over a million in cap space for your team for a player that has not lived up to expectations and may want out of town.

I think the very most Jacket fans could expect would something along the lines up Hagman and Pelech. And that would be the very most I would part with I were GM of the Flames.

Quote:
Regehr

Old
02-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I would think that the ideal setup in such a deal would be us basically somewhat upgrading the defense in exchange for slightly downgrading the offense.

From a talent perspective, the deal that comes to mind (at the risk of doing a "send everyone back to where they came from" type arrangement) is Glencross + Babchuk for Huselius + Stralman. I don't think that works for Calgary capwise, though.

Alternatively, we could change out the defensemen - make it Regehr and Russell instead.

Dunno if either team would want to mess with team chemistry right now, tho.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Ludicrous Speed

I'd just be glad to get rid of Juice and his contract. Calvert has earned his spot in the top six.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
I assume you are aware of Juice's cap hit, he is overpaid by 1-1.25 million. A somewhat of a bad contract would have to be going back your way. Personally, I would be willing to part with Stajan to bring Huselius back. You can laugh, but he does free up over a million in cap space for your team for a player that has not lived up to expectations and may want out of town.

I think the very most Jacket fans could expect would something along the lines up Hagman and Pelech. And that would be the very most I would part with I were GM of the Flames.

So really what this thread is about is

"Hey - I heard Juice wants to come back, what would you ask for him because I'm not giving it to you. I mean, I know I'm asking about him but now I'm going to tell you all the reasons why he's not worth it and you can only have little piecy-parts."

Yadda yadda.

Let's put it this way - if that's all Jackets fans could expect" and "the very most you would part with", then we'll just not honor Juice's request that he never made.

Old
02-20-2011, 11:40 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Juice doesn't have a NTC and hasn't done enough for the Jackets to warrant the prerogative of choosing his trade destination. If the story is true about Huselius wanting out, we might assume GMSH would, as a courtesy, see if Calgary would offer what the CBJ wants. If they wouldn't, then he'd surely look elsewhere.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

nothing to see here

TReedDispatch Thomas Reed
#CBJ LW Kristian Huselius is day to day with a lower- body injury

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:53 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Juice doesn't have a NTC and hasn't done enough for the Jackets to warrant the prerogative of choosing his trade destination. If the story is true about Huselius wanting out, we might assume GMSH would, as a courtesy, see if Calgary would offer what the CBJ wants. If they wouldn't, then he'd surely look elsewhere.
I agree.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post

"Hey - I heard Juice wants to come back, what would you ask for him because I'm not giving it to you. I mean, I know I'm asking about him but now I'm going to tell you all the reasons why he's not worth it and you can only have little piecy-parts."

Yadda yadda.

Let's put it this way - if that's all Jackets fans could expect" and "the very most you would part with", then we'll just not honor Juice's request that he never made.
This , funny thread.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:21 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Regehr
dream with us

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW

Hagman and Pelech? Come on. At least add in the rights to Andrei Taratukhin and Levente Szuper.

Quote:

Yadda yadda.

Trade deadlines are always fun for this exact reason.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:27 PM
blahblah

Amazingly crappy rumor

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:29 PM
MVW

Quote:

Yadda yadda.

I was curious as to what Columbus fans would expect the return to be, I then said what Calgary fans would likely be willing to part with. If a deal is to be made, it would likely lie somewhere in the middle. I would of thought ridding yourselves of Huselius' contract would of been attractive in itself. I can't see many teams offering that much for his services given his pricetag. No disrespect, I'm sorry if I came off that way.

Old
02-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Regehr
The guy Howson thought he was signing in Mike Commodore?

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:41 PM
punk_o_holic

Fine if we can't have Regehr then we will take one of Bourque and Giordano.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:56 PM
MVW

From an outsiders standpoint to the Jackets, and having watched Huselius play for 3 seasons in Calgary, Huselius does not hold alot of trade value. Yes is a skilled top 6 winger, however his inconsistent stretches where he disappears for 15-20 games at a time and his large contract does not make him that appealing to other teams. I just can't see any scenerio that he gets traded and brings in a top 3 d-man or a top 6 forward signed to a "good" contract. I think something along the lines of Hagman (if it is a winger you want back) and someone like Pelech (a prospect) would be as good as it gets.

The only other thing I can think of if a deal went down between these 2 teams would be possibly Sarich for Huselius straight up? That might work. If neither of those are up to your expectations then I agree that it is in the Jackets best interest to hang on to him.

Anyways, best of luck the rest of the way!!

Old
02-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Huselius was a no show for the season ticket holder event this afternoon. I could understand if he was receiving some sort of treatment for the unspecified injury but it seems suspicious with the trade rumor coming out the night before. Either it was purely cooincidental or something is being covered up.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:46 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Huselius was a no show for the season ticket holder event this afternoon. I could understand if he was receiving some sort of treatment for the unspecified injury but it seems suspicious with the trade rumor coming out the night before. Either it was purely cooincidental or something is being covered up.
I found this to be odd to since all of the other hurt players were there.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote