HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Penguins have inquired about Hemsky?

Old
02-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Dutch Dreams

vCash: 500
Goligoski, Tangradi, Despres, a 1st, etc..

This is nothing Edmonton doesn't have already. Hemsky for depth isn't the most intelligent move.

They need a big center.

Staal is that player. Unfortunately he's also even more valuable to Pittsburgh than he already usually is, as pretty much the only offensively capable center of theirs healthy at the moment.

Not good trading partners at all.

A trade to L.A. makes much more sense, as a guy like Brayden Schenn may become expendable for immediate help, and he's exactly the type of player Edmonton needs going forward. Trade for him and you do then have that two-way, physical center who can win faceoffs, and then you can take that winger, in Landeskog, or that defenseman, in Larsson, instead of guys who'd maintain similar upside to what you already have, in Couturier (Schenn), and RNH (Gagner).

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:05 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperalls View Post
Kennedy, Despres, and a 1st wouldn't get ANY of those players, EXCEPT for possibly Hemsky. I know Pitts fans would rather have one of the other names, but let's be realistic.
Oilerbear is an Oilers fans and trying (and failing) to prove that Hemsky should be worth similiar to those players listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
We'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, I will be shocked and disgusted if Tambellini moved Hemsky for a guy like Kennedy. It would be absolutely moronic.
Kennedy's just part of the package, he's a good third line forward who plays the game the right way.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:05 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Dreams View Post

This is nothing Edmonton doesn't have already. Hemsky for depth isn't the most intelligent move.

They need a big center.

Staal is that player. Unfortunately he's also even more valuable to Pittsburgh than he already usually is, as pretty much the only offensively capable center of theirs healthy at the moment.

A trade to L.A. makes much more sense, as a guy like Brayden Schenn may become expendable for immediate help, and he's exactly the type of player Edmonton needs going forward. Trade for him and you do then have that two-way, physical center who can win faceoffs, and then you can take that winger, in Landeskog, or that defenseman, in Larsson, instead of guys who'd maintain similar upside to what you already have, in Couturier (Schenn), and RNH (Gagner).

Well said.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:08 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Kennedy's just part of the package, he's a good third line forward who plays the game the right way.
Dealing Hemsky for a package of mediocre assets is a surefire guaranteed losing move for the Oilers.

Old
02-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
PPG since the lockout:

Kane .95ppg
Getzlaf .94ppg
Hemsky .93ppg
Stastny .93ppg
Elias .90ppg
Kopitar .90ppg
Marleau .90ppg

Insert any of these names when you suggest your trade!
Dude you've got to stop with these stats.. everyone knows Hemsky will not garner as much as Kopitar/Stastny/Getzlaf... if Hemsky wasn't injury prone, maybe.

I have a feeling Edmonton will be asking for value as if he wasn't an injury prone player. From Pittsburgh Staal and Despres or 1st would be the only thing I consider if I'm Tambo. We have no reason to trade him right now, he's stated he's happy in Edmonton and would like to stay. If you want him you'll be overpaying huge. I love hearing these rumors that Tambellini is asking for a lot.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:09 PM
wej20

I really don't see L.A giving up Schenn but if that's what Oilers are holding out for more power to them.

Quote:
Dealing Hemsky for a package of mediocre assets is a surefire guaranteed losing move for the Oilers.
Don't think the assets that were offered by the Pens are mediocre.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Dylonus

Quote:

They need a big center.

Staal isn't being traded for Hemsky unless Edmonton adds something of good quality. Simply put.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:11 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:

They need a big center.

I know I'm a Pens fan but I think it's a good solid package. Goligoski and Despres are good young defensemen, and Despres can eventually take Gilbert's place for a cheaper price and possibly be better than him when you finally get rid of him. As good as Whitney was this year, I doubt you're going to want to give him a raise when his contract's up either. Then you have a couple complimentary pieces.

I'm not saying it's an amazing, can't miss package but you're taking care of two of your top six D slots for probably the next 5 years or so (at least). Despres being raw isn't an issue because he's talented and can grow with the rest of the team who is also young. Again it's not the best package ever but it's pretty good. I wouldn't do it as a Pens fan because it's just too many assets.

Quite frankly I don't think there's any way you're getting B. Schenn for Hemsky anyways but that's just me.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Cooperalls
Oiler Fan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Staal isn't being traded for Hemsky unless Edmonton adds something of good quality. Simply put.
That's what he was getting at.

Cooperalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:

Well said.
Wanting Schenn =/= Getting Schenn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Dude you've got to stop with these stats.. everyone knows Hemsky will not garner as much as Kopitar/Stastny/Getzlaf... if Hemsky wasn't injury prone, maybe.

I have a feeling Edmonton will be asking for value as if he wasn't an injury prone player. From Pittsburgh Staal and Despres or 1st would be the only thing I consider if I'm Tambo. We have no reason to trade him right now, he's stated he's happy in Edmonton and would like to stay. If you want him you'll be overpaying huge. I love hearing these rumors that Tambellini is asking for a lot.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:18 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post

That's easily one of the creepiest GIFs I've ever seen CW.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Jaded-Fan

Keep him. Please. The Pens should stand pat this year given Malkin out and Crosby is uncertain. Even if that were not the case, keep him. I am guessing if the reports are true about the asking price, that is likely what will happen and none will be happier than most reasonable Pens' fans. The good news is that we really do not have to worry. The Hossa trade is about the only time Shero sorta kinda 'went for it' and the assets traded were not all that over the top. Doubt he is the kind of GM to make a stupid trade that often with key pieces of the team.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

If it's what was discussed by Rossi Pen and those in the Pittsburgh forward of a roster player, a prospect and a pick, I'd say no.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
That's easily one of the creepiest GIFs I've ever seen CW.
I like it when they stare.

Old
02-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Getzlaf for Knenedy, Despres, And a 1st.
Kane for Kenedy, Derspres, And a 1st
Kopitar for Kenedy, Despres, and a 1st
You honestly think Hemsky's in the same category as those three?

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:

Sorry, but Goligoski and some unproven prospects doesn't cut it. It's been well put now, the asking price is a lot. You won't get him unless you really pay up.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

I am a huge Hemsky fan, but there is zero chance Staal is moved for Hemsky.

People always whine that Pens fans overrate him and he wouldn't do well as a top line pivot, but since Crosby and Malkin have been out he is proving he excels with big minutes and can handle that role.

He is also doing it with crap linemates to boot.

If you think Hemsky will take a huge overpayment, it would take significantly more to land Staal.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Sorry, but Goligoski and some unproven prospects doesn't cut it. It's been well put now, the asking price is a lot. You won't get him unless you really pay up.
No reputable source said anything about Goligoski, let alone adding.

Old
02-20-2011, 02:26 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:

They need a big center.

I'd be shocked if LA traded Schenn for a year and a half of Hemsky. Hemsky seems to be injured all the time I'd think that'll hurt his value, has he even played a full year healthy?.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:27 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Who cares?

If the Oilers don't get an asset that actually fits their needs, there's no need to make a deal at all.

The Kings are in essentially an 8-way tie for the final 4 playoff spots in the West. If they feel some pressure to lock up one of those spots, maybe they'll deal some "future" for some "now". Or maybe they'll run with what they've got. It'll be an interesting couple of days.

None of that is a reason why the Oilers ought to move their best trading chip for a collection of mediocre assets.

Old
02-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:

02-20-2011, 02:33 PM
End of Line
Human After All

If the asking price deals with Tangradi/Despres/Goligoski/1st.

Pass.

End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:38 PM
OracularSpectacular

If he somehow signs next year I wouldn't mind over paying. The guy is an awesome player, and you have to overpay for awesome players. I just don't want to overpay and him only play a few months and then he signs with another team.

OracularSpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Who cares?

If the Oilers don't get an asset that actually fits their needs, there's no need to make a deal at all.

The Kings are in essentially an 8-way tie for the final 4 playoff spots in the West. If they feel some pressure to lock up one of those spots, maybe they'll deal some "future" for some "now". Or maybe they'll run with what they've got. It'll be an interesting couple of days.

None of that is a reason why the Oilers ought to move their best trading chip for a collection of mediocre assets.
The Oilers don't need to move Hemsky, you're right. But it's pretty obvious that his talents aren't doing the Oilers any favours, and he's more valuable to them as an asset to yield youth in a trade than an on-ice product.

I have a real hard time believing he'll net a top prospect like Schenn though, which seems more like a catch-all dream solution for a few very optimistic Oilers fans than anything rooted in reality.

Finally, if you think a Kennedy, Despres, 1st package is mediocre, you need to better acquaint yourself with the assets involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post

Old
02-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Dylonus

Quote:
And you think one of the best defensive prospects in juniors (who was nearly NHL ready this year) and one of the best defensive forwards is what Hemsky is worth?

I wouldn't give you Staal for Hemsky, let alone Despres included.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote