HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #61 vs. Philadelphia Flyers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #61 vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Ryan Callahan 2 2.27%
Brandon Dubinsky 2 2.27%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 2 2.27%
Ryan McDonagh 32 36.36%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 0 0%
Derek Stepan 32 36.36%
Wojtek Wolski 7 7.95%
Mats Zuccarello 5 5.68%
Other 6 6.82%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Blazephr

vCash: 500
the "Fire Torts crowd" are just plain ignorant.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
This team lacks elite talent.

They have a bunch of very nice players but nothing elite. They play hard for the most part but that's only going to get you so far.

The problem is they NEVER are in the lottery.
That's where you get elite talent at.

I wanted that sorry excuse for a hockey team last year to be in the lottery.
This is to all those too proud Ranger fans who think this team is too good to be in lottery because "only teams like Pittsburgh tank" blah blah blah....

Well this is the result.

Also while I'm on a lack of talent rant...

The lack of top end talent on this team probably also has to do with why the PP has been horrendous.
Really it's been like that for a few years now. Different coaches, different players but one constant is, NO ELITE TALENT. It's the same type of player: hard working.
That's no coincidence. imo
I agree completely. We're stuck in mediocrity.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JimmyStart*

Lol at the one guy announcing we're a bad team when we are average despite being loaded with rooks, soph's and AHL fodder for large chunks of the season. Clearly we have been a bad team all season which is why we've been in last place all season...oh wait we weren't and aren't. We've been poorly managed forever so I get saying we are poorly managed but the way things are we just have to pray these kids like Stepan will continue to develop.

So many fans are jumping off the cliff b/c of the fact that a team loaded with injuries rooks and soph's is average. I really hope we get BR and he actually lives up to the hype b/c these 1 goal losses just make me think we are so freakin close. Dunno how people can't see that. You have to be blind to think this is actually a bad team. Are they playing bad right now? D'uh. They're in every game but just can't pull it out. Earlier in the season they pulled it out more than enough times and since they're so young I feel we should be giving this team some benefite of the doubt. These aren't the highly paid underperforming vet Rangers. These are kids who fight their a**es off every night.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:19 PM
ArtemAnisimov42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
Trade?
im praying. it would do this team a lot of good for next year because this year is long over

ArtemAnisimov42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The only good is that Carolina and Atlanta have been doing/ARE just as bad as us.

We'll likely make it into the first round and then get swept.

Whatever. It's time that the only payoff of this season is waiting for the off-season to see who gets Richards.
Plus Buff just lost in regulation as well.

If they lose tuesday to Carolina then idk...

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

All the stats and stuff are going to have to wait until I am less annoyed.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
time to make a trade Sather get on the god damn phone and do something instead of sitting bck

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:20 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
Lol at the one guy announcing we're a bad team when we are average despite being loaded with rooks, soph's and AHL fodder for large chunks of the season. Clearly we have been a bad team all season which is why we've been in last place all season...oh wait we weren't and aren't. We've been poorly managed and have to pray these kids like Stepan will continue to develop.

So many fans are jumping off the cliff b/c of the fact that a team loaded with injuries rooks and soph's is average. I really hope we get BR and he actually lives up to the hype b/c these 1 goal losses just make me think we are so freakin close. Dunno how people can't see that. You have to be blind to think this is actually a bad team
We're jumping off the cliff because this team hasn't been the same team ever since the Vancouver game. There's been an obvious difference and it's sickening.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Didn't you get the memo? Always blame the goalie when we're losing. Always. Disregard that we could've been down 4-1 after the 2nd period.
Chimp I know youre from Sweden and all, but you cant tell me that Henrik isnt fighting it. He has not played to his level except for a few periods here and there. I still stick to the opinion that he's injured.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We need another sniper.
We need an offensive system. It's always cycle, cycle, blocked shot, cycle, cycle, bad angle shot wide, cycle, cycle, etc. It's why the pp and odd mans suck, all ad lib.

Dilettante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moosehead777

Gaborik torn ACL out for season.......

And fire Tortorella!!!!!!!!!!

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
So I am to understand that the Flyers completed the game without breaking the rules even once... a perfectly clean game.

02-20-2011, 02:22 PM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
the "Fire Torts crowd" are just plain ignorant.
Thank you. It's about the players. The trends of the past several years are clear evidence of that.

Old
02-20-2011, 02:22 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Gaborik played a little more than 4 minutes, did he even touch the puck? How injured could he have got?

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutus Liber View Post
Chimp I know youre from Sweden and all, but you cant tell me that Henrik isnt fighting it. He has not played to his level except for a few periods here and there. I still stick to the opinion that he's injured.
Of course he has a hard time when there's constant traffic in his face, redirections flying all over the place and the team can't even grab the 3rd(!) rebound or loose puck or clear the crease. Something this team is retardedly bad at copying in the other end.

14 redirected goals off our own players in 11 straight games and somehow, that's "Hank playing terrible" according to some. Give me a break. He blew the game vs New Jersey, other than that, I don't see much he could've done differently down this stretch.

This team struggling has very little to do with Hank.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead777 View Post

Seriously?

Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
Anyone who thinks Torts should be fired is being extremely ignorant. We already fired one coach a couple of years ago, so do you really think the coaching is the #1 problem? Saying "Fire Torts" is such a cop-out response to this team's struggles. Wanna know why we're not that good? We don't have much TALENT! That's it, and it's gonna take some time for us to get better.
Ah, I'm ignorant, thanks for clearing that up.

I didn't want him hired to begin with.

Both last year and this year, I think the consensus was that we should finish between 6th and 10th. Last season, we finished 9th. We'll probably do the same this year. Is that awful, compared to wear we expected to be? No. But it's on the lower end of what this team is capable of.

Is he doing an awful job? I don't think so.

Is he doing a good job? Not in my opinion. It's more of a "meh" thing.

Obviously, Glen Sather is the ultimate problem. But he's going nowhere. Should I just resign myself to perpetual mediocrity? Nah, I'm not doing that. Cut bait, try something else, maybe we'll end up 6th or 7th instead of 9th or 10th.

It's not as if losing Tortorella would be this horrible event. What is the worst that could happen? Finishing 11th instead of 9th?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead777 View Post

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Nothing from the beat writers on twitter yet. Or were you just being sarcastic?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:25 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Growing pains
Still - I liked the effort and am not dissapointed in the game --- mostly the result.
Flyers are real good and their goalie stood on his head...

Good - McD (POG), Sauer, Staal, Wolski, Stepan, Callahan, AA (needs to score though) Hank (in general), Boyle. Outshooting and dominating top 2 team in the NHL while sustaining good pressure is imo good - just gotta capitalize! But it will come...Boys are young
The Bad - Prospal, Christ, Gabby (what happened btw?), Averys puck control and weak shooting (been a trademark all year) are getting tedious... Not enough spunk maybe
The ugly - Zebras. No penalties at all against Philly. Outrageous - esp since NYR got at least one weak call against that was decisive. Terrible and a shame for the sport

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Gaborik gave a fairly sized hit in the 1st period.

I'm guessing he hit his ovary.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

POTG : Derek Stepan

Good : Although almost nobody here sees it, the fact the Rangers basically outplayed the best team in the league.

Bad : The refs and yes, Lundqvist. When the other team's netminder is pulling rabbits out of his ***, your netminder has to do the same. Can't let Dan Carcillo, who in all honesty has about as much offensive talent as me, beat you five hole along the ice. Pathetic.

The Redden : The fact the Flyers' second goal was scored on a power play that shouldn't have existed and the third Flyer goal was scored by Carcillo. Also, that this is about the eighth game in the last ten where the Rangers have basically dominated and lost two points.

I'd be willing to trade Lundqvist for a twenty goal scorer and a second round pick at this point. His contract is almost as bad as Roszival's was now.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moosehead777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Of course he has a hard time when there's constant traffic in his face and redirections flying all over the place. Something this team is retardedly bad at copying.

14 redirected goals off our own players in 11 straight games and somehow, that's "Hank playing terrible" according to some. Give me a break. He blew the game vs New Jersey, other than that, I don't see much he could've done differently down this stretch.

This team struggling has very little to do with Hank.
I agree your only as good as your defense.

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyrfan519

The officiating was just brutal. That call on Wolski was, IMO, the turning point in the game. And there were at least two blatant non-calls for Philly; the interference in the first period while they were on the PP, and Timonen's take-down of Stepan in the third.

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Ah, I'm ignorant, thanks for clearing that up.

I didn't want him hired to begin with.

Both last year and this year, I think the consensus was that we should finish between 6th and 10th. Last season, we finished 9th. We'll probably do the same this year. Is that awful, compared to wear we expected to be? No. But it's on the lower end of what this team is capable of.

Is he doing an awful job? I don't think so.

Is he doing a good job? Not in my opinion. It's more of a "meh" thing.

Obviously, Glen Sather is the ultimate problem. But he's going nowhere. Should I just resign myself to perpetual mediocrity? Nah, I'm not doing that. Cut bait, try something else, maybe we'll end up 6th or 7th instead of 9th or 10th.

It's not as if losing Tortorella would be this horrible event. What is the worst that could happen? Finishing 11th instead of 9th?
Torts did great things with this team earlier in the season. Earlier this season was the happiest i've been as a Rangers fan in years. And then ever since the Vancouver game it's all gone to hell.

Old
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

stevezipay‎ Gaborik concussion. Torts not sure when it happened. Probably not this game
Twitter - seconds ago

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote