HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Trade Deadline Thread II (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2011, 04:04 PM
  #26
EDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,980
vCash: 500
He feels Murphy will be the greatest defensive prospect since Bogosian.

EDM is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 04:10 PM
  #27
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 16,037
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
He feels Murphy will be the greatest defensive prospect since Bogosian.
He's not the only one. Murphy is a consensus top 5 or top 10 pick.

Timeless Winter is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 04:11 PM
  #28
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
He feels Murphy will be the greatest defensive prospect since Bogosian.
Go ahead and throw out negative vibes about a player without ever seeing the two and knowing nothing about what your trying to talk about. And yea, the draft is pretty good in the first round people. You must have a sincere obsession for Bogosian because your comparing him to someone else http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=880491

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 05:42 PM
  #29
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Sarcasm doesnt work on the internet I guess?
I call BS. You're telling me you've been pimping Bogosian for at least two weeks and it's all been a ruse or a joke?

I would also explain to you why I disagree with you abotu Wideman vs. Bogo, but Roadman has alrady done that quite nicely.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 05:50 PM
  #30
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper
 
CentreKeeper12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Italy
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/cbj110220.html

CentreKeeper12 is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 06:48 PM
  #31
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMas1 View Post
"Oilers GM Steve Tambellini believes the league-wide interest in a mobile defenseman might trigger a team to claim Souray."

One could say the same logic suggests that he might be claimed due to league-wide interest in top-6 centers. Wouldn't mind his cannon, but the more I hear about his current state the less I like him.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 07:09 PM
  #32
EDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,980
vCash: 500
I was not criticizing Murphy, I was commenting upon your dubious obsession with Bogosian.

EDM is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 07:21 PM
  #33
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,116
vCash: 500
I can't see us pulling the trigger on Souray, unless Howson knows something the rest of the hockey world doesn't(which he may given his past in EDM).

Nordique is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 07:52 PM
  #34
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Thought I was receiving these attacks for Sekera. Bogosian is what this team need. Sincere obsession? Not sure about that but could definitely use a potential number 1 dman bc this team has no one to fill that role.

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 07:57 PM
  #35
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper
 
CentreKeeper12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Italy
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I can't see us pulling the trigger on Souray, unless Howson knows something the rest of the hockey world doesn't(which he may given his past in EDM).
I agree. sometimes i like insider information can work to a teams benefit

CentreKeeper12 is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 08:41 PM
  #36
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
I do agree though that this draft isn't as weak as people are making it out to be. There's no Stamkos/Doughty, Tavares/Hedman/Duchene, or Taylor/Tyler debate, but a pick at 10 or 20 or 30 this year will be just as much of a player as it was last year or 09. Those drafts were sure as hell deeper into the later rounds, but 2011 has some good talent into the beginning of the 3rd round, 60 or so players.

80% of the people on this board who say it's a weak draft are also people who have never seen a live Junior game in their life. Including many on this subforum.

Ludicrous Speed is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 08:44 PM
  #37
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Thought I was receiving these attacks for Sekera. Bogosian is what this team need. Sincere obsession? Not sure about that but could definitely use a potential number 1 dman bc this team has no one to fill that role.
Does this team need a #1 defenseman? Yes absolutely. But most teams grow their own because they cost too much to trade for. You end up creating more holes than you can fill and end up creating more problems than you've solved.

What we need is a serviceable, hardworking, reasonably priced, stop gap to shore up and complement what we already have. Even a piece like this, particularly right now, is not going to come cheap.

But that's what I think we need. I've made my suggestion, Wideman, but I'm sure there are other options. I don't think GMSH is going to mortgage the future for a rental so look for a move that improves us now and going forward. It doesn't have to be the whole solution, just an improvement.

Roadman is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 09:02 PM
  #38
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners
 
Fred Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,058
vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
I do agree though that this draft isn't as weak as people are making it out to be. There's no Stamkos/Doughty, Tavares/Hedman/Duchene, or Taylor/Tyler debate, but a pick at 10 or 20 or 30 this year will be just as much of a player as it was last year or 09. Those drafts were sure as hell deeper into the later rounds, but 2011 has some good talent into the beginning of the 3rd round, 60 or so players.

80% of the people on this board who say it's a weak draft are also people who have never seen a live Junior game in their life. Including many on this subforum.
I stand by my comments that what I have heard is that this is a weak draft.
So watching Junior games on television does not count?

With this premise, then those who watch tape of prospects such as scouts shouldn't be taken seriously either.

I disagree with the premise. Sure many may not have watched a junior game live, but there ARE plenty of games available on tv where we can see the prospects with our own eyes and hear the assessments of others.

Granted, I am NO EXPERT. Not many of us are. But when those who seemingly in the know talk about it, I believe that it then a valid conclusion.
Many of us don't

Fred Glover is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 09:29 PM
  #39
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
I stand by my comments that what I have heard is that this is a weak draft.
So watching Junior games on television does not count?

With this premise, then those who watch tape of prospects such as scouts shouldn't be taken seriously either.

I disagree with the premise. Sure many may not have watched a junior game live, but there ARE plenty of games available on tv where we can see the prospects with our own eyes and hear the assessments of others.

Granted, I am NO EXPERT. Not many of us are. But when those who seemingly in the know talk about it, I believe that it then a valid conclusion.
Many of us don't
never mind I'm a stupid ****ing idiot.


Last edited by Doug19: 02-20-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Doug19 is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 09:39 PM
  #40
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
I do agree though that this draft isn't as weak as people are making it out to be. There's no Stamkos/Doughty, Tavares/Hedman/Duchene, or Taylor/Tyler debate, but a pick at 10 or 20 or 30 this year will be just as much of a player as it was last year or 09. Those drafts were sure as hell deeper into the later rounds, but 2011 has some good talent into the beginning of the 3rd round, 60 or so players.

80% of the people on this board who say it's a weak draft are also people who have never seen a live Junior game in their life. Including many on this subforum.
I've seen live Junior hockey before!

...once. In Brandon. To watch Matt Calvert hopefully win, mostly. And it was more of a "live broadcast" than "live attendance", really.

But that counts! Because I say so!

Viqsi is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 10:59 PM
  #41
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Colorado might trade Stastny Galiardi and a pick/another player for JJ Jonathan Bernier and Jarret Stoll.....oh what would it be like to have a GM that would try to improve their team. Although I'm not sure if trading Stastny does that...sure would like him though.

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 11:03 PM
  #42
wahsnairb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Colorado might trade Stastny Galiardi and a pick/another player for JJ Jonathan Bernier and Jarret Stoll.....oh what would it be like to have a GM that would try to improve their team. Although I'm not sure if trading Stastny does that...sure would like him though.
both teams get better in that trade.. la now and avs soon

wahsnairb is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 11:36 PM
  #43
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
both teams get better in that trade.. la now and avs soon
I agree. EJ and JJ is absolutely sick.

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 11:51 PM
  #44
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 50
I disagree, the Kings get the short end of that trade now and in the future.

Doug19 is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:02 AM
  #45
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I disagree, the Kings get the short end of that trade now and in the future.
Yea I think so too. A dman probably is worth more...especially when your top pairing looks like that. Plus they will probably have a top 3 draft pick...

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:06 AM
  #46
3074326
Registered User
 
3074326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
If the Kings trade Johnson (who they just signed - and for that reason alone I don't see him being dealt), I'd imagine they'd be going after a scoring winger. That's what they need. They already have a #1 center.

I also don't see the Avs dealing another one of their talented, young offensive players for defense - again.

Wouldn't surprise me if this rumor had legs... before the Erik Johnson trade. But not now.

3074326 is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:07 AM
  #47
SnygGo
Registered User
 
SnygGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sundsvall, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SnygGo Send a message via Yahoo to SnygGo Send a message via Skype™ to SnygGo
@Aportzline
Aaron Portzline
Every indication is that #CBJ is leaning against a waiver claim for D Sheldon Souray, due to 2011-12 salary ($2.25M) and diminishing skills.
6 minutes ago

SnygGo is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:23 AM
  #48
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 50
Eh, that is to bad. I'm in the minority definitely on wanting to claim him and replace Russell who adds absolutely nothing at all to this team.

Doug19 is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:25 AM
  #49
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
If the Kings trade Johnson (who they just signed - and for that reason alone I don't see him being dealt), I'd imagine they'd be going after a scoring winger. That's what they need. They already have a #1 center.

I also don't see the Avs dealing another one of their talented, young offensive players for defense - again.

Wouldn't surprise me if this rumor had legs... before the Erik Johnson trade. But not now.
Talk is that every team centers around Kopitar since they dont have a legit #2...personally I could see it happening. Stastny is a really good player and imo, better than JJ.

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:30 AM
  #50
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Eh, that is to bad. I'm in the minority definitely on wanting to claim him and replace Russell who adds absolutely nothing at all to this team.
holy:


__________________
--
"Good night, good hockey...good riddance to the Columbus cannon that makes your ears bleed." - @BroadStBull (Sam Carchidi, Flyers beat reporter)
SuperGenius is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.