HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Trade Deadline Thread II (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2011, 04:04 PM
EDM

vCash: 500
He feels Murphy will be the greatest defensive prospect since Bogosian.

Old
02-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
He's not the only one. Murphy is a consensus top 5 or top 10 pick.

Old
02-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Go ahead and throw out negative vibes about a player without ever seeing the two and knowing nothing about what your trying to talk about. And yea, the draft is pretty good in the first round people. You must have a sincere obsession for Bogosian because your comparing him to someone else http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=880491

Old
02-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Sarcasm doesnt work on the internet I guess?
I call BS. You're telling me you've been pimping Bogosian for at least two weeks and it's all been a ruse or a joke?

I would also explain to you why I disagree with you abotu Wideman vs. Bogo, but Roadman has alrady done that quite nicely.

Old
02-20-2011, 05:50 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/cbj110220.html

Old
02-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMas1 View Post
"Oilers GM Steve Tambellini believes the league-wide interest in a mobile defenseman might trigger a team to claim Souray."

One could say the same logic suggests that he might be claimed due to league-wide interest in top-6 centers. Wouldn't mind his cannon, but the more I hear about his current state the less I like him.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
02-20-2011, 07:09 PM
EDM

I was not criticizing Murphy, I was commenting upon your dubious obsession with Bogosian.

Old
02-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Nordique

I can't see us pulling the trigger on Souray, unless Howson knows something the rest of the hockey world doesn't(which he may given his past in EDM).

Old
02-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Thought I was receiving these attacks for Sekera. Bogosian is what this team need. Sincere obsession? Not sure about that but could definitely use a potential number 1 dman bc this team has no one to fill that role.

Old
02-20-2011, 07:57 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I can't see us pulling the trigger on Souray, unless Howson knows something the rest of the hockey world doesn't(which he may given his past in EDM).
I agree. sometimes i like insider information can work to a teams benefit

Old
02-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Ludicrous Speed

I do agree though that this draft isn't as weak as people are making it out to be. There's no Stamkos/Doughty, Tavares/Hedman/Duchene, or Taylor/Tyler debate, but a pick at 10 or 20 or 30 this year will be just as much of a player as it was last year or 09. Those drafts were sure as hell deeper into the later rounds, but 2011 has some good talent into the beginning of the 3rd round, 60 or so players.

80% of the people on this board who say it's a weak draft are also people who have never seen a live Junior game in their life. Including many on this subforum.

Old
02-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Thought I was receiving these attacks for Sekera. Bogosian is what this team need. Sincere obsession? Not sure about that but could definitely use a potential number 1 dman bc this team has no one to fill that role.
Does this team need a #1 defenseman? Yes absolutely. But most teams grow their own because they cost too much to trade for. You end up creating more holes than you can fill and end up creating more problems than you've solved.

What we need is a serviceable, hardworking, reasonably priced, stop gap to shore up and complement what we already have. Even a piece like this, particularly right now, is not going to come cheap.

But that's what I think we need. I've made my suggestion, Wideman, but I'm sure there are other options. I don't think GMSH is going to mortgage the future for a rental so look for a move that improves us now and going forward. It doesn't have to be the whole solution, just an improvement.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
I do agree though that this draft isn't as weak as people are making it out to be. There's no Stamkos/Doughty, Tavares/Hedman/Duchene, or Taylor/Tyler debate, but a pick at 10 or 20 or 30 this year will be just as much of a player as it was last year or 09. Those drafts were sure as hell deeper into the later rounds, but 2011 has some good talent into the beginning of the 3rd round, 60 or so players.

80% of the people on this board who say it's a weak draft are also people who have never seen a live Junior game in their life. Including many on this subforum.
I stand by my comments that what I have heard is that this is a weak draft.
So watching Junior games on television does not count?

With this premise, then those who watch tape of prospects such as scouts shouldn't be taken seriously either.

I disagree with the premise. Sure many may not have watched a junior game live, but there ARE plenty of games available on tv where we can see the prospects with our own eyes and hear the assessments of others.

Granted, I am NO EXPERT. Not many of us are. But when those who seemingly in the know talk about it, I believe that it then a valid conclusion.
Many of us don't

Old
02-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
I stand by my comments that what I have heard is that this is a weak draft.
So watching Junior games on television does not count?

With this premise, then those who watch tape of prospects such as scouts shouldn't be taken seriously either.

I disagree with the premise. Sure many may not have watched a junior game live, but there ARE plenty of games available on tv where we can see the prospects with our own eyes and hear the assessments of others.

Granted, I am NO EXPERT. Not many of us are. But when those who seemingly in the know talk about it, I believe that it then a valid conclusion.
Many of us don't
never mind I'm a stupid ****ing idiot.

Last edited by Doug19: 02-20-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old
02-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post

I've seen live Junior hockey before!

...once. In Brandon. To watch Matt Calvert hopefully win, mostly. And it was more of a "live broadcast" than "live attendance", really.

But that counts! Because I say so!

Old
02-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Colorado might trade Stastny Galiardi and a pick/another player for JJ Jonathan Bernier and Jarret Stoll.....oh what would it be like to have a GM that would try to improve their team. Although I'm not sure if trading Stastny does that...sure would like him though.

Old
02-20-2011, 11:03 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Colorado might trade Stastny Galiardi and a pick/another player for JJ Jonathan Bernier and Jarret Stoll.....oh what would it be like to have a GM that would try to improve their team. Although I'm not sure if trading Stastny does that...sure would like him though.
both teams get better in that trade.. la now and avs soon

Old
02-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
both teams get better in that trade.. la now and avs soon
I agree. EJ and JJ is absolutely sick.

Old
02-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Doug19

I disagree, the Kings get the short end of that trade now and in the future.

Old
02-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I disagree, the Kings get the short end of that trade now and in the future.
Yea I think so too. A dman probably is worth more...especially when your top pairing looks like that. Plus they will probably have a top 3 draft pick...

Old
02-21-2011, 12:06 AM

If the Kings trade Johnson (who they just signed - and for that reason alone I don't see him being dealt), I'd imagine they'd be going after a scoring winger. That's what they need. They already have a #1 center.

I also don't see the Avs dealing another one of their talented, young offensive players for defense - again.

Wouldn't surprise me if this rumor had legs... before the Erik Johnson trade. But not now.

Old
02-21-2011, 12:07 AM
SnygGo

Send a message via MSN to SnygGo Send a message via Yahoo to SnygGo Send a message via Skype™ to SnygGo
@Aportzline
Aaron Portzline
Every indication is that #CBJ is leaning against a waiver claim for D Sheldon Souray, due to 2011-12 salary ($2.25M) and diminishing skills.
6 minutes ago

Old
02-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Doug19

Eh, that is to bad. I'm in the minority definitely on wanting to claim him and replace Russell who adds absolutely nothing at all to this team.

Old
02-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
If the Kings trade Johnson (who they just signed - and for that reason alone I don't see him being dealt), I'd imagine they'd be going after a scoring winger. That's what they need. They already have a #1 center.

I also don't see the Avs dealing another one of their talented, young offensive players for defense - again.

Wouldn't surprise me if this rumor had legs... before the Erik Johnson trade. But not now.
Talk is that every team centers around Kopitar since they dont have a legit #2...personally I could see it happening. Stastny is a really good player and imo, better than JJ.

Old
02-21-2011, 12:30 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Eh, that is to bad. I'm in the minority definitely on wanting to claim him and replace Russell who adds absolutely nothing at all to this team.
holy:

Closed Thread