HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2-19-11 - If a game is played in the south & it wasn't broadcast, did it happen ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2011, 03:20 PM
  #76
Pattypred
Registered User
 
Pattypred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
I've put this off until I could calm down a little. Still really pissed about last night's game and the dirty play of Shane Doan on Suter.

The 2nd PHX goal looked like Suter's stick had been held along the wall (this is what I saw), Suter's stick is out of his hands and the PHX dude walked in.

The 3rd PHX goal should never have happened because they were OFF SIDE. I saw it with my own eyes.

The play that has me the most upset is the play by Doan coming in to retaliate against Suter for Suter knocking Doan off the puck. Suter was fighting along the boards with another PHX player and Doan runs him. I lost ALL RESPECT that I had for Shane Doan. He is a #*^T#%*^*&%^#(*&(#*.

That's just my 2 cents worth.

Damn - I am still pissed, maybe more so now.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 03:38 PM
  #77
belle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=David Singleton;31087374]On the bright side, Weber can't be paired with Bouillon this time. That was about the worst possible combination that could have been made and it was kept together throughout Suter's injury.QUOTE]

Weber paired with Bouillon.

Weber paired with Klein.

Both options make me queasy.

belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:06 PM
  #78
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,718
vCash: 500
I would say Weber with Franson... but I don't see that working out so well for us.

But then we can't pair him with Klein. SOB wouldn't be any better than Franson. Neither would Sulzer. Maybe putting a puck mover with Weber is the only real option

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:15 PM
  #79
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
I've put this off until I could calm down a little. Still really pissed about last night's game and the dirty play of Shane Doan on Suter.

The 2nd PHX goal looked like Suter's stick had been held along the wall (this is what I saw), Suter's stick is out of his hands and the PHX dude walked in.

The 3rd PHX goal should never have happened because they were OFF SIDE. I saw it with my own eyes.

The play that has me the most upset is the play by Doan coming in to retaliate against Suter for Suter knocking Doan off the puck. Suter was fighting along the boards with another PHX player and Doan runs him. I lost ALL RESPECT that I had for Shane Doan. He is a #*^T#%*^*&%^#(*&(#*.

That's just my 2 cents worth.

Damn - I am still pissed, maybe more so now.
Patty, I love ya and you know that but Doan got hit by Suter, Doan repaid Suter. It's a hockey play. Yeah, it sucks that he went out and could be out for a while. If you're gonna hit a big boy, be prepared to get hit by the boy you just hit. Suter was obviously ticked off by it but no one on the team stuck up for him so either no one saw it or they all felt it was an ok hit.

Either way, the team needs to start sticking up for its players. You can't have guys like Suter getting run, whether it was clean or dirty, if you're going to get far in the NHL. Hornqvist gets mugged every game and no one comes to his aid. Sure, he brings it on himself but if you're a team, you back your guys. Suter got hit hard, no one came to his defense, that's what I'd be ticked off about.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:37 PM
  #80
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 956
vCash: 500
Unless we acquire someone, if Suter is out it'll be either SOB or Klein with Weber and Sulzer with Franson. Whichever doesn't pair with Weber gets the new guy; unless Trotz just plays 5 Dmen and throws the call-up an occasional shift Just can't see Trotz throwing a fresh call-up out there with Franny for 15 - 18 mins.

Maybe we should just bring up Blum and Josi as a pair and let them play - at least they're used to playing together.

We're a good defensive team, we can get through a few games if Suter's just a little banged up; a concussion and Mr. Poile is gonna' need a Dman.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:37 PM
  #81
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I would say Weber with Franson... but I don't see that working out so well for us.

But then we can't pair him with Klein. SOB wouldn't be any better than Franson. Neither would Sulzer. Maybe putting a puck mover with Weber is the only real option

blum. plays the same game as suter

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:43 PM
  #82
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
blum. plays the same game as suter
But is it worth testing Blum out on the top pair right now? He could be great, but it's more likely he'll make a ton of mistakes. Trotz would almost have to limited his minutes, so the problem of how to set the pairs still exists for a lot of the game.

I'm just hoping Suter is ok and will be back in a game or two

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:48 PM
  #83
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
But is it worth testing Blum out on the top pair right now? He could be great, but it's more likely he'll make a ton of mistakes. Trotz would almost have to limited his minutes, so the problem of how to set the pairs still exists for a lot of the game.

I'm just hoping Suter is ok and will be back in a game or two
would you rather have blum potentially succeeding or the guarantee of what we have already seen? and weber will have to pick his spots wisely as a leader of this team to help blum when he does make mistakes.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:59 PM
  #84
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,939
vCash: 500
I think we put Sulzer with Weber. Pair Klein with SOB. Bring up either Josi or Blum and pair them with Franson. Klein and SOB do ok together. Weber with Sulzer should be ok, not elite, but ok. Blum/Josi and Franson can be shielded a little on the third pairing. Then on the PP use Weber with Blum/Josi, much like with Suter and then we can use Franson and Sully as the other d pair, which I still hate but it's either that or use Franson and Sulzer.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 06:00 PM
  #85
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
would you rather have blum potentially succeeding or the guarantee of what we have already seen? and weber will have to pick his spots wisely as a leader of this team to help blum when he does make mistakes.
Point well argued

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 06:06 PM
  #86
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
would you rather have blum potentially succeeding or the guarantee of what we have already seen? and weber will have to pick his spots wisely as a leader of this team to help blum when he does make mistakes.
You just want to see Blum play. I agree with you too.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 06:36 PM
  #87
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,963
vCash: 500
I disagree with all of you that say Blum should get the call up. I think Josi should, he is on a tear and he is that left handed shot that would compliment Weber perfectly. Blus Josi's game is similar to Suters and I would like to see that over Sulzer to.


Last edited by I Will Son: 02-20-2011 at 06:52 PM.
I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 06:43 PM
  #88
Pattypred
Registered User
 
Pattypred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Patty, I love ya and you know that but Doan got hit by Suter, Doan repaid Suter. It's a hockey play. Yeah, it sucks that he went out and could be out for a while. If you're gonna hit a big boy, be prepared to get hit by the boy you just hit. Suter was obviously ticked off by it but no one on the team stuck up for him so either no one saw it or they all felt it was an ok hit.

Either way, the team needs to start sticking up for its players. You can't have guys like Suter getting run, whether it was clean or dirty, if you're going to get far in the NHL. Hornqvist gets mugged every game and no one comes to his aid. Sure, he brings it on himself but if you're a team, you back your guys. Suter got hit hard, no one came to his defense, that's what I'd be ticked off about.

That may be, but Suter DID NOT do a blind side hit on Doan.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 06:44 PM
  #89
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
That may be, but Suter DID NOT do a blind side hit on Doan.
Suter was face to face with Doan.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 06:51 PM
  #90
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
You just want to see Blum play. I agree with you too.
you bet i do

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:05 PM
  #91
Pattypred
Registered User
 
Pattypred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Suter was face to face with Doan.
I guess we just have to agree that we saw things differently.

I'm done with this subject.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 08:28 PM
  #92
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,116
vCash: 500
So, Doan laid a dirty hit, and no one held him accountable for it?

I thought that's why Tootoo was in the lineup? Or is that just for his scoring touch?

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 08:42 PM
  #93
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
So, Doan laid a dirty hit, and no one held him accountable for it?

I thought that's why Tootoo was in the lineup? Or is that just for his scoring touch?
Mother ****ing This.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:36 PM
  #94
bananaslug
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
blum got the call up he'll be playing tuesday so we'll finally get a chance to see him play

bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:54 PM
  #95
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
blum got the call up he'll be playing tuesday so we'll finally get a chance to see him play
Link? or just hearsay?

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:55 PM
  #96
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
i thought Doan's hit could have been charging but it wasn't blindside and it was def retaliatory.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:31 PM
  #97
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Link? or just hearsay?
Blum reins from bananaslug's hometown, therefore I'm guessing he doesn't have a link, but has heard it from a pretty good source.

I'll call it speculation till we hear from a more official source.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:52 PM
  #98
hao chi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
The 3rd PHX goal should never have happened because they were OFF SIDE. I saw it with my own eyes.
Here's a pretty good pic showing the play right before Korpikoski's goal.


hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:05 PM
  #99
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Blum reins from bananaslug's hometown, therefore I'm guessing he doesn't have a link, but has heard it from a pretty good source.

I'll call it speculation till we hear from a more official source.
Fair enough. Obviously not excited because the (speculated) call up is because Sutes is probably out but I would be excited to finally see Blum with my own two eyes.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:29 AM
  #100
Pattypred
Registered User
 
Pattypred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hao chi View Post
Here's a pretty good pic showing the play right before Korpikoski's goal.

The off side that I saw is NOT in that picture. The off side was the guy close the board on the right side of Peks.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.