HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Gabby with concussion

Old
02-20-2011, 07:10 PM
DubiDubiDoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Hey, If this galvanizes the team, and Duninsky/Cally/Anisimov resume the leadership role they displayed early with gabby out, then it can be a blessing in disguise.
****** season or not, the players on this team recognize gaborik is the most talented player and it really feels like when he's in the lineup they do too much waiting for him to provide the offense. The team needs to learn to play the same way with him as they do without him.

Shut him down for the season, let the youth play it out and re-establish themselves as the core of the team. Bring in a center for Gabby (hopefully Richards) in the summer and give it a real go next year.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:18 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Hey, If this galvanizes the team, and Duninsky/Cally/Anisimov resume the leadership role they displayed early with gabby out, then it can be a blessing in disguise.
****** season or not, the players on this team recognize gaborik is the most talented player and it really feels like when he's in the lineup they do too much waiting for him to provide the offense. The team needs to learn to play the same way with him as they do without him.

Shut him down for the season, let the youth play it out and re-establish themselves as the core of the team. Bring in a center for Gabby (hopefully Richards) in the summer and give it a real go next year.
Anisimov's inconsistency has almost been as frustrating as Gaborik's... He looked terrific the first quarter of the season....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Anisimov's inconsistency has almost been as frustrating as Gaborik's... He looked terrific the first quarter of the season....
Anisimov is a 22 year old sophomore... and his defensive play has been great for this club.

He may or may not become a 50 point center... but he will have a long NHL career as a 2nd-3rd line pivot regardless. His upside is Steve Rucchin-esque.

02-20-2011, 07:25 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
At this point, everyone looked terrific the first part of the season compared to now

Old
02-20-2011, 07:34 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Anisimov is a 22 year old sophomore... and his defensive play has been great for this club.

He may or may not become a 50 point center... but he will have a long NHL career as a 2nd-3rd line pivot regardless. His upside is Steve Rucchin-esque.
You really have doubts on whether Anisimov will be a 50 point player? In his second season, he will probably approach 40 points. I certainly wouldnt bet against him. If you were to say a 70 point player, its questionable at this point. Possible, but not certain. At this stage, its all but certain that Anisimov will at some point be at least a 50 point guy, with an outside chance hitting 70 points.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:39 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
with 21 games left, almost 300 man games lost and NJ climbing the standings along with buffalo, and NYR not being able to get wins, i just have accepted this team not making the playoffs

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:45 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
You really have doubts on whether Anisimov will be a 50 point player? In his second season, he will probably approach 40 points. I certainly wouldnt bet against him. If you were to say a 70 point player, its questionable at this point. Possible, but not certain. At this stage, its all but certain that Anisimov will at some point be at least a 50 point guy, with an outside chance hitting 70 points.
I think it would be safe to say somewhere right in between.
I envision him being a 50-60 point player.
Fitzy's right, he's been great defensively, and if he continues that way he may not get all the oppurtunities he would need to score alot of points if he ends up killing alot of penalties and developing a shutdown role on other teams top forwards.

Old
02-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
With Gabby out with a concussion does that make us sellers?

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Guess what guys? We're 6 points away from losing our playoff spot and the teams behind us haven't been winning, either.

Don't see why we won't make the playoffs.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:49 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Why not? His contract was signed in the same manner and with the idea as Gomez's.
How come you only highlight upon Gomez?

I'm not satisfied with Gaboriks production this year but to compare him to Redden/Drury is a little unrealistic. I'm not ready to throw him into a category with a guy who got demoted to the minors.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:57 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Its alot tougher of a road for Jersey to catch us than people seem to realize.

Put it this way-

If the Rangers can go 10-10-1 in the final 21, that would give them 87 Points

For the Devils to PASS us they would then need to go 17-6, to get to 88

While the Devils are RED HOT, its hard to imagine they only lose 6 games with how intense it gets down the stretch. They are certainly playing well enough to do it though.

Old
02-20-2011, 08:01 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
How come you only highlight upon Gomez?

I'm not satisfied with Gaboriks production this year but to compare him to Redden/Drury is a little unrealistic. I'm not ready to throw him into a category with a guy who got demoted to the minors.
I compare him to Gomez because the two are connected. Sather managed to move a contract given to a guy with question marks and then gave another long term, big money contract to a guy with question marks.

He did the same thing. Just with a different guy. But you're right, it is no different than Drury or Redden. And this is the guy that people are longing for to have capspace.

02-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Dorado*

I can't see us winning 10 games

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 08:42 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Its alot tougher of a road for Jersey to catch us than people seem to realize.

Put it this way-

If the Rangers can go 10-10-1 in the final 21, that would give them 87 Points

For the Devils to PASS us they would then need to go 17-6, to get to 88

While the Devils are RED HOT, its hard to imagine they only lose 6 games with how intense it gets down the stretch. They are certainly playing well enough to do it though.
The question will be, can we get to 10-10-1 to have 88 points? Right now, it doesn't looks so good.

Rest of the way looks like this:

@ CAR (W)
@ WAS (L)
TB (OTL)
BUF (W)
MIN (W)
@ OTT (W)
PHI (L)
@ ANH (L)
@ SJ (L)
NYI (W)
MON (L)
@ PIT (OTL)
FLA (W)
OTT (W)
@ BOS (L)
@ BUF (OTL)
@ NYI (OTL)
@ PHI (L)
BOS (OTL)
ATL (W)
NJ (OTL)

8-7-6

8 wins (16pts) + 6 OTL (6pts) = 22 pts, and gets us to 88. Does that get us in the playoffs? Maybe.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 08:48 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I compare him to Gomez because the two are connected. Sather managed to move a contract given to a guy with question marks and then gave another long term, big money contract to a guy with question marks.

He did the same thing. Just with a different guy. But you're right, it is no different than Drury or Redden. And this is the guy that people are longing for to have capspace.
I wasn't trying to debate if Gaborik was a good signing or not. I get your point.

I guess thats the risk of signing big name free agents, still not ready to put him in a category with those three.

My reasoning is that Gaborik could be moved if need be a lot more easy than the rest. Being that we moved Gomez, if Gaborik was a real issue we could move him as well.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:

i more or less agree. if gabby's time table is 3+ weeks he might as well just pack it in for this season and get healthy for next season. the man has just not played like he should be playing for most of the season

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:06 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Concussions, more specifically, the severity of concussions are very very hard to determine. I would not be surprised if nobody had a clue about it, perhaps Gaborik didn't even have symptoms right away.
yup this is probably true.... i had a concussion in high school, got creamed by a guy helmet to helmet playing football, didn't start showing signs till 4 or 5 days later.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:18 PM
YetAnotherNorwegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
No reason to split up Zucc-Stepan-Wolski
Has that line seen the light of the day the last month or so? Isn't Zucca on 4th with EC and Prust?

YetAnotherNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:27 PM
The New Originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelOfOil View Post
Has that line seen the light of the day the last month or so? Isn't Zucca on 4th with EC and Prust?
Lines? Where we're going, we don't need lines.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:43 PM
asparkoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelOfOil View Post
Thye played the whole game together today.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:51 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
The question will be, can we get to 10-10-1 to have 88 points? Right now, it doesn't looks so good.

8 wins (16pts) + 6 OTL (6pts) = 22 pts, and gets us to 88. Does that get us in the playoffs? Maybe.
Oh I'm not even trying to get us into the playoffs anymore. i only see that ending in an embaressment.
I'm just trying to stave off the Devils, so there fans dont come here and shame us, like they would righfully deserve to, lol

Old
02-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
ah man this is bad

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:52 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
That's why I don't get too down on him, because of his age

Quote:
I think most will have to tone down their expectations for him, at least for the time being until he shows more consistency in his game...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:

That's what I'm saying. This team lost itself as soon as everyone flooded the lineup back from injuries. I knew it was going to happen.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:39 PM
CM PUNK

4-9-1 with only 1 win in regulation without fedotenko

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote