HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heritage Classic: Calgary Flames vs. Montreal Canadiens!!!!

Old
02-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

vCash: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Just got back from the game, was sitting in the top corner of the end zone, that wind is horrible.

INCREDIBLE game, the envirorement was amazing, totally worth the money. I snagged a cover off a few empty seats after people left from thed cold, might hold a bit of a contest on this flames board, winner will get it. (Snagged 3 others, but they;re claimed)
Were you in the section where a bunch of us Flames fans started chanting 'ole, ole, ole'?

Anyway, that was an amazing experience and the fact that the Flames won 4-0 was the icing on the cake!

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezim View Post
Were you in the section where a bunch of us Flames fans started chanting 'ole, ole, ole'?

Anyway, that was an amazing experience and the fact that the Flames won 4-0 was the icing on the cake!
SECTION A BABY! WE START THE CHANTS AND THE WAVES!

****ing incredible experience. I'll never forget it. I had four chemical warmers in each boot and I was bundled up in as much Flames gear as I could wear (including a flag as a cape).

This is one of those things that I look back on in 20 years and be like, **** yeah, I was there.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:43 PM
3rdEye
HF Official Producer

6th place mutha****as!!!!!!!! GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3rdEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

vCash: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post

****ing incredible experience. I'll never forget it. I had four chemical warmers in each boot and I was bundled up in as much Flames gear as I could wear (including a flag as a cape).

This is one of those things that I look back on in 20 years and be like, **** yeah, I was there.
Awesome. I was in Section K and there was a guy there that started the "ole" chant on our side. He tried to start it in the second but nobody would pick up and he goes "its even annoying when your guy does it isn't it?"

My toes are still numbing, but this coupled with the Alumni game yesterday was just awesome. Definitely an experience to never forget.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:20 PM
CrazyShea

Thanks for having us Calgary. Amazing hosts and I can honestly say it's the first time I was never pissed off after a habs loss. Fans were great and I only experienced one idiot throughout the entire day and unlike Edmonton no one felt the need to call me the N word for wearing a Subban jersey. Thanks again

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Boomstick

Fun game, I wish I was there. Seems everyone enjoyed themselves.
Way to go Flames.

Boomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Miller Time

Kudos to Flames fans...

As a habs fan who was at the game, I wanted to comment on how great the flames fans were at the game today.

I was wearing my habs jersey and not once did I take anything more than friendly ribbing from the sea of Flames fans at the game.

Friendly and courteous... even the drunk guys... definitely a lot better than I expected.

Congrats on the win, and good luck down the stretch.

Cheers!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:01 AM
saillias

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
unlike Edmonton no one felt the need to call me the N word for wearing a Subban jersey.
Wow, this has happened?

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:23 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Wow, this has happened?
wouldnt doubt it, went to a flames game in edmonton a few yrs back that flames won in a SO, went to leave (wearing a flames jersey) got called on to fight some drunk idiots in the parking lot and actually got swung at by one behind me, i hate the city of edmonton, barely anyome there knows the meaning of one on one fair fight.. over nothing too just ******** drunk fans, good thing a couple sober guys were there to back me up and get me out of the situation (both wearing Jets jerseys btw)

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:59 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Good showing tonight at McMahon Stadium, from both fanbases.

I'm a fan of Metric, but they were awful tonight. Didn't like that performance at all.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Stewie Griffin
Driving a Bandwagon

vCash: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
hey guys, wings fan here

do me a favor

can one of you go down to mcmahon for the intermission and destroy that horrifying thing price is wearing on his face

before I start having nightmares
Hahahaha!

Its even spookier in person.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Grannys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
wow I love that pic, thats the core right there minus Gio.

This game just made me damn proud to be Calgarian, and more importantly, a Flames fan. Love it.
That picture is so great. Looks like all 4 of them are ready to attack!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:50 AM
Grannys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Just got back from the game, was sitting in the top corner of the end zone, that wind is horrible.

INCREDIBLE game, the envirorement was amazing, totally worth the money. I snagged a cover off a few empty seats after people left from thed cold, might hold a bit of a contest on this flames board, winner will get it. (Snagged 3 others, but they;re claimed)
Man I would kill for one of those covers!!!! You name it I'll take care of them!

If you do hold a contest, I think I should win for being the biggest Flames fan in San Francisco!! Such a big fan I feel like Im from Calgary sometimes... and Ive never even been to the city. Such a big fan I always suggest to my GF that we should go vacation in Calgary and go watch the Flames when she suggest we go to Hawaii.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:16 AM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Wow, whatta game. Will never forget that one. Props to the Habs fans who sat out in the cold for 3 hours, didn't see their team score, and still left with smiles on their faces.

Been drinking for 10 hours, I'm out.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:30 AM
Triple Deke

Amazing game. Had seats at the very top, row 70. Fortunate that I was sitting on the east side to soak in some sunlight. Once the sun went down, brrrr!

Flames came to play. Habs were off stride. Price kept the score respectable.
Great fans on both sides. Very classy event. Way to go Calgary!

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:12 AM
MrHelyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezim View Post
Awesome. I was in Section K and there was a guy there that started the "ole" chant on our side. He tried to start it in the second but nobody would pick up and he goes "its even annoying when your guy does it isn't it?"

My toes are still numbing, but this coupled with the Alumni game yesterday was just awesome. Definitely an experience to never forget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
Thanks for having us Calgary. Amazing hosts and I can honestly say it's the first time I was never pissed off after a habs loss. Fans were great and I only experienced one idiot throughout the entire day and unlike Edmonton no one felt the need to call me the N word for wearing a Subban jersey. Thanks again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
As a habs fan who was at the game, I wanted to comment on how great the flames fans were at the game today.

I was wearing my habs jersey and not once did I take anything more than friendly ribbing from the sea of Flames fans at the game.

Friendly and courteous... even the drunk guys... definitely a lot better than I expected.

Congrats on the win, and good luck down the stretch.

Cheers!
These were my exact feelings about the even, it was incredible, was bundled up but still freezing my ass off, had horrible season in section K row 7, but at the end of the day, it was a good game, there is no other team I would have rather played against other than the Habs, and it was something I will never forget and happy I was able to go.

Sat by tons of Hab fans and the only things that happened was them cheering Go Habs Go, and then we'd just do the same thing to drown them out, but absolutely no problems.

There was a point in the early part of the game, when I sat in my seat, looked around at everything in the stadium and thought to myself "Wow, I'm actually here watching this outside with 40,000+ fans."

Although I loved seeing Kipper get a much deserved shut out, I would have loved to see Cammalari get a goal for the Canadiens, that would have been pretty cool.

MrHelyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 10:06 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Wow, this has happened?
Yeah which is strange because i'm as white as they come. They were only offending other Oilers fans there. Idiots can't handle their booze I guess. Being part of the wave was an amazing experience.

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:15 AM
The Gnome

[QUOTE=StreakingRed;31102168]Good showing tonight at McMahon Stadium, from both fanbases.

I'm a fan of Metric, but they were awful tonight. Didn't like that performance at all.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully someone mentioned this, I was embarrassed just to be there. Man that was horrible, I just knew they would suck live. Horrible band. But I'm sure the cold didn't help her.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
bigchief12

[QUOTE=The Gnome;31133265]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Good showing tonight at McMahon Stadium, from both fanbases.

I'm a fan of Metric, but they were awful tonight. Didn't like that performance at all.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully someone mentioned this, I was embarrassed just to be there. Man that was horrible, I just knew they would suck live. Horrible band. But I'm sure the cold didn't help her.
Not a great performance but they are a really good band and a great live band. The cold and the sideshow atmosphere of squeezing a couple songs into an intermission had to be in play. The second song was better than the first, they were warming up.

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Stewie Griffin
Driving a Bandwagon

Considering the venue and the frigid temperatures, I thought Metric did fine.

Great experience all around, but one of the highlights for me was meeting Theo Fleury before the game. That was pretty awesome, probably won't ever forget that.

Old
02-22-2011, 12:18 PM
bigchief12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Considering the venue and the frigid temperatures, I thought Metric did fine.

Great experience all around, but one of the highlights for me was meeting Theo Fleury before the game. That was pretty awesome, probably won't ever forget that.
That is pretty cool. I assume you got an autograph too?

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Stewie Griffin
Driving a Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
That is pretty cool. I assume you got an autograph too?
Nope. Too drunk / starstruck to think of asking. Oops... We also might be on Flames TV.

Anyway, for those of you who haven't seen this, you can find yourself in the stands (if you try hard enough)
http://www.calgarysun.com/sports/her.../17354891.html