HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

RDS (French TSN) - Gomez speculated to been discussed for Jovonovski

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2011, 10:04 PM
  #76
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 45,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis19 View Post
You really need to stop asking as if you know everything rt, remember the website I posted like a week ago, with this same information, that you said was BS...
I still think its complete garbage. Nothing has changed.

Might Maloney have some interest in Gomez? Sure. I don't believe for one second that he's ever considered seriously moving Jovanovski for him.


Last edited by rt: 02-20-2011 at 10:13 PM.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:06 PM
  #77
Analyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/608456/posts/105058

-Depuis une semaine, des rumeurs ont commencé à circuler sur Scott Gomez. Si au départ j’étais sceptique, on me confirme que son nom a circulé dans le vestiaire des Coyotes dernièrement. Le Canadien aurait eu le défenseur Ed Jovanovski en retour. Ce dernier s’est toutefois fracturé un os de la joue et sera absent pour quatre semaines, ce qui fait en sorte que cette transaction est maintenant impossible.
If that's the source, then it's ********.

Everything out of legrandclub is ********.

Did Renaud Lavoie really say it's possible because there's a lot of Hispanics in Phoenix ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:06 PM
  #78
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
1.5 per year and I meant per year, not in total.
Fair enough but 1.5 mil is still a big enough difference than the - little over 1 million less than his cap hit-you quoted.Your quote of a little over a mil was a bit misleading.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:20 PM
  #79
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If that's the source, then it's ********.

Everything out of legrandclub is ********.

Did Renaud Lavoie really say it's possible because there's a lot of Hispanics in Phoenix ?
What are you talking about? It's Lavoie's personal blog! Click the link, you'll see for yourself!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:21 PM
  #80
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home of Kokanee Beer
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,218
vCash: 500
I am not totally opposed to trading for Gomez (although the way Montreal fans are salivating at the thought of getting rid of him makes me wonder) but I can't see Jovo being part of the deal.

First, Jovo has a NMC. Second, both Tippett and GMDM seem to like his game.

Maybe Jovo's injury is a problem because another dman was being offered (Morris or Aucoin) and now with Jovo being injured the Coyotes need to keep their own dmen?

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:24 PM
  #81
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,106
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Gomez will be paid 7.5 in 11-12 and then 5.5 and 4.5 after that.

Next year he is paid more then his cap hit.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:30 PM
  #82
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
I am not totally opposed to trading for Gomez (although the way Montreal fans are salivating at the thought of getting rid of him makes me wonder) but I can't see Jovo being part of the deal.

First, Jovo has a NMC. Second, both Tippett and GMDM seem to like his game.

Maybe Jovo's injury is a problem because another dman was being offered (Morris or Aucoin) and now with Jovo being injured the Coyotes need to keep their own dmen?
I could be wrong but I don't think that Montreal really wants/need Jovo. It was more of a salary dump for the Coyotes while getting something for him as he's a pending UFA.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:30 PM
  #83
Analyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
What are you talking about? It's Lavoie's personal blog! Click the link, you'll see for yourself!
If Lavoie is hearing about it, everyone is.

Waiting for Jovo is better than having Gomer. Even with that, I won't believe it till it happens. Believe me, I want to be wrong, but written on legrandclub ? It's as believable as an E3.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:35 PM
  #84
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If Lavoie is hearing about it, everyone is.

Waiting for Jovo is better than having Gomer. Even with that, I won't believe it till it happens. Believe me, I want to be wrong, but written on legrandclub ? It's as believable as an E3.
Your problem is that you're tying legrandclub with members not realizing that RDS reporters have their own blogs on there to.

Forget the link for a second. The real question is: Do you think that Renaud Lavoie is legit? He says that he received confirmation that the rumour was true...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:41 PM
  #85
Analyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Your problem is that you're tying legrandclub with members not realizing that RDS reporters have their own blogs on there to.

Forget the link for a second. The real question is: Do you think that Renaud Lavoie is legit? He says that he received confirmation that the rumour was true...
Not really. True, I am tying legrandclub all together, but isn't he the guy who does interviews between periods ?

I believe he talked to Jay Feaster about acquiring a 3rd line player.

Gomez could have been in talks with Phoenix, but chances are it was Gauthier who brought up followed by PLEASE

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:48 PM
  #86
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I still think its complete garbage. Nothing has changed.

Might Maloney have some interest in Gomez? Sure. I don't believe for one second that he's ever considered seriously moving Jovanovski for him.
True, and I somewhat agree. But I think as Coyotes fans, we can't imagine getting rid of Jovo because we have had him for so long. But GMDM has to think further than that, Jovo probably isn't in our future plans. I think he is willing to send him off, but for Gomez? No thanks.

Magnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:51 PM
  #87
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK
 
therealkoho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: the Prior
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,051
vCash: 500


...yes because the NHL would like nothing better than to dump that contract into the guys lap that they just conned.......err brought on board to take the Phoenix franchise over.....I'm sure he'd like nothing better than to have to pay that out

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:53 PM
  #88
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post


...yes because the NHL would like nothing better than to dump that contract into the guys lap that they just conned.......err brought on board to take the Phoenix franchise over.....I'm sure he'd like nothing better than to have to pay that out
Conned? Please enlighten us...

Magnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:00 PM
  #89
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post


...yes because the NHL would like nothing better than to dump that contract into the guys lap that they just conned.......err brought on board to take the Phoenix franchise over.....I'm sure he'd like nothing better than to have to pay that out
Dude he got a sweet deal. There's no con. Right when he takes the team the city is paying $100 mil for parking rights. He going to pay like $60 mil for an NHL franchise in a large market and he has a clause in the contrace where the city will pitch in if the team is still losing money. Can a deal get much better than that??

RemoAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:00 PM
  #90
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 45,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis19 View Post
True, and I somewhat agree. But I think as Coyotes fans, we can't imagine getting rid of Jovo because we have had him for so long. But GMDM has to think further than that, Jovo probably isn't in our future plans. I think he is willing to send him off, but for Gomez? No thanks.
Still, Jovo isn't going anywhere unless he wants to. He's used the NMC in the past.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:01 PM
  #91
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Here's another site that has the same rumor posted a few days ago. I don't know how legit the stie is but that's two places the rumor exists.

http://www.puckmeplease.com/nhl-rumo...de-rumors.html

RemoAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:02 PM
  #92
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Maybe it's multiple players to make the cash work. Maybe is Rozi, Belanger and Schlemko or something like that.

RemoAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:04 PM
  #93
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK
 
therealkoho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: the Prior
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis19 View Post
Conned? Please enlighten us...
gee I'm sorry I had no idea your funny bone was broken..lighten up

but really the guy is taking over a franchise thats been losing 15-30 million a year for the last 5 years(depending on whose accounting you believe). I've always thought you had to be smart to become a millionaire. doesn't seem like a really wise business decision now does it?

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:08 PM
  #94
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Maybe it's multiple players to make the cash work. Maybe is Rozi, Belanger and Schlemko or something like that.
Why would we trade Rozi? He has been our best defensmen as of late. That puckme site posted that a while ago. While I don't see it happening, i'll never say a trade won't happen, because we don't know what is really going on.

Magnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:15 PM
  #95
LMFAO
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
It's actually only over 7 million next year and then it goes down. Do you even look up facts before you post?
you want facts ?


On pace for a 39 point season, making 7.37 on the cap, you'd think ANY team in the league will pick up this ? there's no f***in chance there's a team who'll take Gomez off your hands

LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:18 PM
  #96
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Here's another site that has the same rumor posted a few days ago. I don't know how legit the stie is but that's two places the rumor exists.

http://www.puckmeplease.com/nhl-rumo...de-rumors.html
It's now four sources that talk about that potential trade: the guy you're mentioning above, Tony Marinaro or Team 990 and now Renaud Lavoie. Add to that a member here and reporter, Marc Antoine Godin (MAG) who, this afternoon on his twitter, was also mentioning Phoenix in trade talks with the Habs (he mentioned no names)...

While people may not want to beleive the validity of it, I think that there is something to it. Whether there still is or not with Jovo's injury, who knows.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:21 PM
  #97
Analyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
It's now four sources that talk about that potential trade: the guy you're mentioning above, Tony Marinaro or Team 990 and now Renaud Lavoie. Add to that a member here and reporter, Marc Antoine Godin (MAG) who, this afternoon on his twitter, was also mentioning Phoenix in trade talks with the Habs (he mentioned no names)...

While people may not want to beleive the validity of it, I think that there is something to it. Whether there still is or not with Jovo's injury, who knows.
Only one out of that list I believe is MAG.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:23 PM
  #98
stubbadub
Registered User
 
stubbadub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
Jovo loves playing in the heat with next to no coverage on him. Why in the world would he ever wave his NTC to play in cold and media filled Montreal?

stubbadub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:25 PM
  #99
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis19 View Post
Why would we trade Rozi? He has been our best defensmen as of late. That puckme site posted that a while ago. While I don't see it happening, i'll never say a trade won't happen, because we don't know what is really going on.
Well if we have to make the money work, who else can we put in? Plus that would get rid of Rozi's contract for next year which I believe would be a good thing with how deep we are on D.

RemoAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:25 PM
  #100
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 7,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
It's now four sources that talk about that potential trade: the guy you're mentioning above, Tony Marinaro or Team 990 and now Renaud Lavoie. Add to that a member here and reporter, Marc Antoine Godin (MAG) who, this afternoon on his twitter, was also mentioning Phoenix in trade talks with the Habs (he mentioned no names)...

While people may not want to beleive the validity of it, I think that there is something to it. Whether there still is or not with Jovo's injury, who knows.
Indeed, people need to get over their own views and accept the fact this is/was happening. But we don't have to be thrilled about it.

I would say we could do worse than Gomez, but I would be lieing to myself.

Moving Jovo is the money Remo, it would be silly to move Rozi. Who do you think we need more, a solid top four defensmen, or a over payed 'has been' for lack of a better term.

Magnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.