HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Were the Habs even at the Heritage Classic today?

Old
02-20-2011, 10:34 PM
habspinner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
So glad we have so many team psychologists on hfboards.

Martin also ruined Pacioretty and Subban right?

Oh wait...

You guys have no idea what you are talking about but please continue
I surely don't need your approval on my posts, and I surely don't need you to tell me if I know what I am talking about.

Like I mentioned earlier, anyone is entitled to your opinion, no need to be a dick about it.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:35 PM
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
usually? sometimes.... he can play like crap sometimes there's no denying that
The Alex Picard I've seen on Montreal has been reliable, I can't speak to his tenures in other cities.

AlexGalchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:36 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Whatever............so you are saying Mara saved the Habs from being whipped 8 - 0? Not trying to be a psychologist - it just seemed like the right to do. That's all.
No I'm not.

But it would have been the same/similar score with Picard. But this is hfboards and all of Martin's decisions must be criticized after a loss.

It's boring really.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Megaforce

It was totally stupid, terrible conditions to play in and a massive distraction to the team. Let somebody else do that circus visit next time.

Oh and Halpern is the worst forward I've seen on this team since Begin.

Out of all those veteran third line pickups, Dominic Moore, Robert Lang, Metropolit, he's the worst. I also didn't like him denying he suffered a concussion against the Montreal glass earlier this year, he hasn't been the same since.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:45 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
No I'm not.

But it would have been the same/similar score with Picard. But this is hfboards and all of Martin's decisions must be criticized after a loss.

It's boring really.
In all fairness I don't criticize Martin a whole lot. And it's the only decision I'm criticizing tonight although admittedly Moen as a top six forward is becoming agonizing.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:48 PM
haburger

so we lost a game . big deal .forget it.time to focus on tuesday.if we can pull that off ii will redeem us.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:51 PM
prairie hab

I think the pre trade-deadline talk may be getting to the team. Everyone is gripping the sticks too tight right now.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:52 PM
JayBee*

I'm not sure how many times I have to say it... I keep being called a hater so I'll shut up.

But meh, I'm not really bothered anymore by the Habs getting outclassed time and time again. The way this team is built, might as well forego the Western road trip and hand Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver the points.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:02 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I'm not sure how many times I have to say it... I keep being called a hater so I'll shut up.

But meh, I'm not really bothered anymore by the Habs getting outclassed time and time again. The way this team is built, might as well forego the Western road trip and hand Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver the points.
u would be surprised at how many east conf teams get dominated on they re western road trips.i know ,i live in van .its been happening for quite a few years now .not sure why,,,,but it keeps on goin.

Old
02-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Turboflex*

our D looked brutally slow, Hammer and Gill especially. Doesnt help when they are on the ice for 45 of 60 mins

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:07 PM
haburger

the wiz was half ass cause of his cage an no spacek hurts too.we ll b ok once we get a little healthieron the back end.

Old
02-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

The Habs played like they didn't care at all today and their cushion is getting smaller.

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Teufelsdreck

Did the Habs really want to win this game? I didn't see any determination. They did little or no forechecking. The only forwards I noticed doing anything were Plekanec and Pacioretty. Almost without exception the Dmen were awful, including the ones who were returning from their injuries. They played like clowns to allow the Flames to score a shortie. They'll probably make the playoffs and then be quickly put out of their misery.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:40 PM
m00ks

Meh, this team's been way better. We're getting bodies back, Ima give it a couple of games before they get their legs under them. Still well within the pack and our bubble buddies are struggling just as bad.

We still cool.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Habs 1909

Tough game to watch. Glad the Habs participated in it.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
prepare for panic moves at the deadline

welcome back Souray and Kovalev
That's I'm fearing...knee-jerk reactions from up top that would lead to bringing back old useless players la Mara like Souray and Kovalev. Why not re-hire Aaron Downey while we're at it

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:00 AM
LeMAD

It's the same every year: A few players carried the team on their shoulders for the first half of the season, and aren't as effective at for the second.

And those who sucked in the first half still aren't able to pick up their game.

We need a 2nd line or we won't make the playoffs.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:08 AM
habtastic

I believe we have a good team (although on D we could use a little help, either a shutdown guy or as best a Markov replacement as possible).

The key is playing to our potential/finishing/having a great power play/putting the right lines together. This is all stuff that can happen. Whether Martin figures out a way to do it remains to be seen. I am at the point where I am holding him accountable. Help the team improve, it's not the time for learning your lessons by him giving you the silent treatment. Show them how to win. Lemaire did it in NJ, all of a sudden Calgary is back with a bang and it's the same with us. We should be playing better than we do. We aren't as bad as we have been. It's just been so long since we remembered that we can dominate a game.

Oh and please tell wizniewski that the "passe transversal"...yeah...STOP. I'm shocked that JM tolerates his defensive play. Also, Picard has been good for us, dunno why people dispute that.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
may as well keep the dead weight on one line and toughing it out, rather than sinking 2.
Ya, you're probably right. Since they are on the same line, we have 1 win in 7 games... We would probably have none if they were separate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
It's the same every year: A few players carried the team on their shoulders for the first half of the season, and aren't as effective at for the second.

And those who sucked in the first half still aren't able to pick up their game.

We need a 2nd line or we won't make the playoffs.
The problem is right here.. And that is exactly why I think JM is a ****ing moron for keeping Gomez+AK on the "second" line.

In the last 7 games they were paired together, the whole line did not score a single goal. Gomez has 2 assists, AK 0 pts, Moen and Eller who are the other wingers, are also pointless.

We had the chance to re-work the top 6 today with the comeback of Cammy... but again, Martin rather have Moen on the 2nd line with two guys who are slumping.

Even the first line sucks now for a couple of games.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:37 AM
JLP
чудесный Монреаль

Taking off my homer glasses for a second: Habs are a small and soft middle of the pack team that doesn't play to win, but rather plays to not lose. We have good speed through the middle, so can surprise on rushes, and that's about it for our offense, 25th in the league.

We have the league's most passionate fans, visiting teams seem overwhelmed, their announcers tend to spend more time talking about the Habs' mystique than our roster. So we win often at home, and with our defense-first system and a hot goalie some may imagine us challenging for first in the league's weakest division. More likely though, we go into the playoffs as a low-seed, which is where a small and soft middle of the pack team belongs.

In the postseason if our goalie stands on his head we may manage an upset or two. So intoxicating is the atmosphere that fans will literally riot in the streets and the entire city, as if in a feverish dream, now sees visions of Stanley. Too soon, the bubble bursts and we come crashing back to reality, which is: we are a small and soft middle of the pack team.

Does anyone really believe otherwise?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Soundwave

I think you guys came out at them pretty hard in the 2nd period, outshooting the Flames 13-3 at one point in that period, but once they got that 2nd goal, it was like the Habs went "damn ... it's cold and chippy out here ... lets just get this over with".

I think the injuries on the blueline are obviously starting to take their toll too.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Its still interresting tho

1 month ago, everyones talking about the possible firesale in calgary and that we should get iginla and regehr

and here we are today, losing 4-0 to them in the outdoor game, and they look PREETTY good now

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:22 AM
tentcity

Send a message via ICQ to tentcity Send a message via AIM to tentcity
Dump, chase, dump, chase, dump, chase...

If were going to play that game were going to need some big body presence to work the deep boards... pretty tired of our midgets trying to grind against bull dozer defense men.

tentcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:46 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcity View Post
Dump, chase, dump, chase, dump, chase...

If were going to play that game were going to need some big body presence to work the deep boards... pretty tired of our midgets trying to grind against bull dozer defense men.
change the ice conditions and we don't have to do that. I know the ice condition were the same on both sides, but no one can argue that it disadvantaged the habs more than the flames. Also, they are on a major roll right now and good for them!

oh, sorry, habs board: FIRE EVERYBODY WE SUCK BIG BODIES GOMEZ RICHARDS RABBLE RABBLE

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
I should have said organizational change. My point is though a coaching change and a GM change are both major shakeups. I think Gauthier has done a good job but I think our scoring would increase dramatically with the guys we have if Martin was gone.
Not only our scoring but also the opponents' scoring, because the system that would make the Habs score more would be more open.

Also, the very reason as to why Spacek played like he was worth a bag of pucks was because he was playing hurt.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote