HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bartulis (shoulder, out 10-12 wks); M.Walker (knee, out a month); Betts, O'Donnell

Old
02-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFlyerFan View Post
Dude, Walker is ten times better that Bartulis. When he was in the lineup he didn't have many games with his new hips. Bartulis should never be in a Flyers jersey ever again.
Because rookie D should be thrown under the bus before they have a shot to develop into, ya know, experienced D? Bartulis has good skating ability, and decent puck skills. His upside is, at best, a 2nd pairing guy... but the Flyers have done him a huge disservice this year.

Walker is irrelevant. He will not be on this team this season.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:03 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1505
O'Donnell's quote:

“I just kind of tweaked lower-body a little bit, but (Jim McCrossin) said, with this kinda thing, just be precautionary. I don’t think it’s anything too serious.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Jester

I really wish we could get over this lower/upper stupidity.

Old
02-20-2011, 04:14 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I really wish we could get over this lower/upper stupidity.
Two or three years ago, when the NHL BoG/rules committee decided to travel that route for regular season games, the Flyers were playing a preseason game against Carolina. I remember an in-between periods interview the Hurricanes' announcer was conducting about the topic and he was irate at the issue saying it would lead to conjecture and ultimately erroneous information.

Old
02-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Two or three years ago, when the NHL BoG/rules committee decided to travel that route for regular season games, the Flyers were playing a preseason game against Carolina. I remember an in-between periods interview the Hurricanes' announcer was conducting about the topic and he was irate at the issue saying it would lead to conjecture and ultimately erroneous information.
It's actually kind of complicated, because technically medical reports are privileged information (for obvious reasons). However, this is just getting out of hand... you tweaked your knee? Say you tweaked your knee. Started with it just being the playoffs, and now it's all year long.

Old
02-20-2011, 04:20 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It's actually kind of complicated, because technically medical reports are privileged information (for obvious reasons). However, this is just getting out of hand... you tweaked your knee? Say you tweaked your knee. Started with it just being the playoffs, and now it's all year long.
That was the theory behind the changed policy but in this day of technology, I am not sure if such injuries can be camouflaged the way, perhaps, they once were.

Old
02-20-2011, 04:21 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Some quotes have now been posted:

http://phillysportsdaily.com/flyers/...ed-vs-rangers/

Quote:
After a few scary minutes, Boucher was back on his feet and shaking off what was called a “stinger.”

“When you’re on the bench you don’t know – you can sit there and guess, and we did,” coach Peter Laviolette told reporters at Madison Square Garden. “We probably had six or seven good guesses going as to what it was, and we were all wrong. Sniper was the one that I was not believing.”

Boucher described a pain and numbness down his arm after colliding awkwardly with Kimmo Timonen and crashing to the ice.

“[Trainer Jim McCrossin] came out and said, it’s gonna come back, it’s gonna come back,” Boucher told reporters.

The veteran netminder said his neck wrenched to the right a little bit on the play. General manager Paul Holmgren said he thought it was a back injury – and he was also wrong.

Sergei Bobrovsky was stretching in preparation to relieve him, but Boucher stayed in then game.

“I didn’t feel as good as I felt before, but you wanna stay in there,” Boucher told reporters. “It’s not a situation you wanna put your partner in where you put him in cold late in a game like that where they’re pressing. I felt good enough to go. I felt like it was my game, I started it, so I wanted to see it through.”

Old
02-20-2011, 04:34 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Phantoms
Walker 11 games 2 pts +3
Bart 4 games 1 pt -4
Walker with that plus 3 with Leighton in goal.
Bartulis had verious crap playing behind him.

plus/minus is a overrated stat anyway.
Matt Walker freakin sucks. there is a reason why he was put on waivers and NO ONE claimed him. Put Bartulis on waivers and id wager my vcash he would get picked up.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Walker with that plus 3 with Leighton in goal.
Bartulis had verious crap playing behind him.

plus/minus is a overrated stat anyway.
Matt Walker freakin sucks. there is a reason why he was put on waivers and NO ONE claimed him. Put Bartulis on waivers and id wager my vcash he would get picked up.
Part of the reason is because Walker is owed another two years on his contract. If it was expiring, I bet he would be claimed.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
I'd go with 5 d-men before Bart anyday of the week. He sucks. I would rather have Walker out there.
The cap could come in to play. But no matter what, we play with six not five.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:57 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Walker is so bad.... Bartulis is easily as good, probably better.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 05:09 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
After seeing him in lastyears playoffs I would rather go with 5 dmen over him in the line up.

Anyway, I hope OD is not out to long.
I am not the biggest Bartulis fan either and I think Walker is the better D. But going with 5 dmen over him? He is still young and can improve into a solid D with more playing time.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Take a break, Sean. We got this.
I never knew GKJ was actually Bartulis.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 05:40 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Really?
i would. Walker wasnt all that bad when he played, but his contract is what screws him over

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:01 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Flyers Notes: O'Donnell expects to play Tuesday
http://www.csnphilly.com/02/20/11/bF...481&feedID=695

Quote:
“I could have come back but Jimmy said with these kind of things let’s be precautionary here,” O’Donnell said. “I don’t think it’s anything too serious.”

Though he expects to play Tuesday, it’s not certain.

“If not Tuesday, it won’t too long,” he said. “It’s nothing serious. If it were the playoffs, it'd be fine. But we’re getting into the stretch run here. We want everyone 100 percent.”

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:17 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I doubt we can afford Walker's cap.
Or Capp's walker.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:35 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
“When you’re on the bench you don’t know – you can sit there and guess, and we did,” coach Peter Laviolette told reporters at Madison Square Garden. “We probably had six or seven good guesses going as to what it was, and we were all wrong. Sniper was the one that I was not believing.
Did Laviolette try to make a joke lol?

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:08 AM
mirimon

O'Donnell should have been given some rest a bit more anyways. Bartulis will most likely look rusty if he comes into play now.

I don't mind Bartulis as a 6/7 d, Walker is better but not enough to earn 3 times the money.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:32 AM
PhilaFlyers

I'd definitely go with Bartulis over Walker.

PhilaFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:33 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
I'd definitely go with Bartulis over Walker.
Bartulis really needs the work .

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Thats what i love about boosh. What a professional. You can tell this year, that both goaltenders are not competing against each other, but want each other to play better than the other. It's great to see, something thats very rare in the league. This is the year of all or nothing.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:49 AM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

bart has looked solid in relief this season. he could use a few games to stay in game-shape for the playoffs. plus, after the yotes we're playing two of the worst teams in the league in NYI and ottawa. can't hurt. get well soon, leclair.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:56 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
I'm probably biased as hell but I'll share my thoughts on Bartulis. As I've watched most of his appearances this season I have come to conclusion that he isn't good enough to play for current Flyers team but he could easily be a bottom pairing dman on weaker franchises.

Being in and out of the roster doesn't help him either. He is young player and he needs to gain experience by playing every game but unfortunately Flyers aren't in position to be very patient with youngsters. Most of his games this season he played together with SOD and was clear to see that they doesn't really fit together. Both defenders are mistake prone and they don't seem capable of helping each other out as there is no chemistry between them. Most of their shifts they spend in defensive zone and they can't establish any kind of offensive play.

I have to admit I was hoping that next time Bartulis will play it will happen in place of SOD and Bart will get a chance to play with a better and more offensive minded dman than SOD.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

RT @DNFlyers: Oskars Bartulis will play Tuesday and Thursday, according to Paul Holmgren, since Flyers don't have roster space for call-up.

Not sure why it had to be mentioned that they don't have roster space for a call-up. This is why someone is your 7th defenseman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
I'm probably biased as hell but I'll share my thoughts on Bartulis. As I've watched most of his appearances this season I have come to conclusion that he isn't good enough to play for current Flyers team but he could easily be a bottom pairing dman on weaker franchises.

Being in and out of the roster doesn't help him either. He is young player and he needs to gain experience by playing every game but unfortunately Flyers aren't in position to be very patient with youngsters. Most of his games this season he played together with SOD and was clear to see that they doesn't really fit together. Both defenders are mistake prone and they don't seem capable of helping each other out as there is no chemistry between them. Most of their shifts they spend in defensive zone and they can't establish any kind of offensive play.

I have to admit I was hoping that next time Bartulis will play it will happen in place of SOD and Bart will get a chance to play with a better and more offensive minded dman than SOD.
It's interesting you mention this, because it only took 10 John Stevens-coached games for Paul Holmgren to decide he was part of the future of this team for three more years.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:18 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

looks like O'Donnell is out up to 2 weeks with a knee sprain.

tpanotch Tim Panaccio
Holmgren says O'D will miss 10-14 days w/knee issue - read sknee sprain
29 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote