HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#59: Flyers @ Rangers - Sunday, Feb. 20, 2011 - 12:30 PM (ET)

Old
02-21-2011, 09:54 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1118
(from prior page) This is the list of stats by game for this season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/app?service=p...=gameDate&pg=2

There was also Game 1 against Chicago in the Finals, too, in which the Flyers had zero PIMs but that is separate from regular season numbers.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
FYI, the lighting in MSG is extremely dark. I never noticed it on tv until I went up there for the game a month ago. The whole seating area is dimly lit, so the only place that really has lights is the ice. Just an overall, odd arena, but I guess when you put an ice rink on the 6th floor of a building, it'll be like that. Not to mention, it's very creepy too.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
FYI, the lighting in MSG is extremely dark. I never noticed it on tv until I went up there for the game a month ago. The whole seating area is dimly lit, so the only place that really has lights is the ice. Just an overall, odd arena, but I guess when you put an ice rink on the 6th floor of a building, it'll be like that. Not to mention, it's very creepy too.
I think it's actually specifically designed to be good for basketball... for what that's worth, and it might explain what is going on with the hockey lighting a bit. I do think it's odd they don't invest in a lighting scheme that universally lights up the ice surface.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Cleary84

Glad someone else realizes it's so dark. My friends went up yesterday and said it's even worse than on tv.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think it's actually specifically designed to be good for basketball... for what that's worth, and it might explain what is going on with the hockey lighting a bit. I do think it's odd they don't invest in a lighting scheme that universally lights up the ice surface.
Not 100% sure but I believe I heard that a major renovation was to begin shortly... If that is the case, maybe the lighting will be improved at that time.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Glad someone else realizes it's so dark. My friends went up yesterday and said it's even worse than on tv.
Even during intermission when they turn the lights up, it's not much better. The concourse, or whatever you want to call the two foot wide hallways they have, are lit perfectly fine. I don't understand the disconnect between that and the seating area, especially given that it's a pretty big space. For anyone whose never been, it's set up more as a bowl shape, so it's not as steep and much wider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Not 100% sure but I believe I heard that a major renovation was to begin shortly... If that is the case, maybe the lighting will be improved at that time.
That's why I went up last month. My buddy is a Rags fan and wanted to see it before all the renovations. From what I understand, they're set to happen this summer.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote