HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Minnesota

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2011, 12:12 PM
  #1
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,744
vCash: 500
Montreal - Minnesota

* If Minnesota doesn't gain any ground in the next week;


TO MONTREAL
* Andrew Brunette




TO MINNESOTA
* 2012 second round pick.
* One of the following;
Ben Maxwell (#13 on HF - C - 22yr - 39pts/46gp AHL)
Brock Trotter (#15 on HF - W - 23yr - 26pts/49gp KHL)
Dustin Boyd (N/R - W/C - 24yr - 18pts/37gp NHL/AHL)
Mathieu Carle (#11 on HF - D - 23yr - 20pts/47gp AHL)


The reason I added all the different prospects is because I'm not 100% sure what Minnesota needs/wants. Maxwell is an offensive guy who could become a 2nd line C with some development, Trotter is a talented winger who looked good in limited NHL time last year and is playing well in the KHL this year, Boyd is your typical bottom-6 forward with some potential for offensive output, and Carle is a pucking moving defenseman (our defensive dmen seem to be limited to Tinordi and Stejskal).

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:14 PM
  #2
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,796
vCash: 50
I think that would work actually.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:16 PM
  #3
gongshowmonkey
Registered User
 
gongshowmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,226
vCash: 500
do the Habs have the cap space to make this work?

gongshowmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:19 PM
  #4
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I think that would work actually.
Thanks. Seems rare a proposal on this board gets a nod of approval from anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshowmonkey View Post
do the Habs have the cap space to make this work?
I read somewhere that the Habs have enough to take on a player with a contract just shy of $3M/season without moving any bodies. Not sure how accurate that was.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:20 PM
  #5
gongshowmonkey
Registered User
 
gongshowmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post


I read somewhere that the Habs have enough to take on a player with a contract just shy of $3M/season without moving any bodies. Not sure how accurate that was.
If they have the cap space then I like this proposal.

gongshowmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:25 PM
  #6
Boostguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
i still don't understand why Boyd is still in the minors?
Boyd v.s Pyatt?? at least Boyd can find the back of the net!

Boostguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:28 PM
  #7
barnabyrules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
If I was running the Wild I would take a 2nd round pick by itself for Bruno. The Wild are going nowhere fast and their complete mediocrity for the last decade is depressing. They need to dump all the old bones on the team and get some young talent.

That being said, the Wild brass seems to be content fighting for the 8th playoff spot each year, then getting knocked out of the playoffs in the first round if they do make it.

barnabyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:28 PM
  #8
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostguy View Post
i still don't understand why Boyd is still in the minors?
Boyd v.s Pyatt?? at least Boyd can find the back of the net!
Pyatt is 100x more useful for the bottom lines than Boyd. Pyatt is a PK specialist, very good defensively, and a playoff performer (I don't think it was a fluke).

Boyd is good option, but didn't fit.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:42 PM
  #9
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,744
vCash: 500
I see Koivu is out for 3-weeks which severely dampens Minnesota's playoff hopes.

Maybe something like this could get done...

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:46 PM
  #10
Picaroon
Registered User
 
Picaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Always loved Brunette. Exactly the type of character and consistency this team needs. Would definitely do this trade.

Picaroon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:48 PM
  #11
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,744
vCash: 500
Interested to see what some Wild fans think of this - though I know the Wild fans here are kind of scarce.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:51 PM
  #12
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,851
vCash: 500
The Wild would think about it if Koivu and Latendresse can come back healthy in the next few weeks.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:54 PM
  #13
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,842
vCash: 500
I think we would have a better idea about this after this week. We have 3 more games (Edmonton, LA and Anaheim) and the 3rd is on Friday. I would like GMCF to see where we are in terms of the PO picture then, and then make a decision. We've played 1 game w/o Koivu so far, and took a very good Detroit team to a SO. The value seems very fair, and my player choice would be Maxwell.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:57 PM
  #14
Jbcraig1883
Registered User
 
Jbcraig1883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Louisville, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabyrules View Post
If I was running the Wild I would take a 2nd round pick by itself for Bruno. The Wild are going nowhere fast and their complete mediocrity for the last decade is depressing. They need to dump all the old bones on the team and get some young talent.

That being said, the Wild brass seems to be content fighting for the 8th playoff spot each year, then getting knocked out of the playoffs in the first round if they do make it.
What expansion team has done better in the past 15 years? Terms of playoffs, winning a division, sellouts, merchandise sales?

They actually over achieved early and then were mis-managed by DR who was not able to evolve post-CBA. I agree that they need young talent but simply selling everyone right now wouldn't be the right thing to do. Instead of de-railing this thread with a long book, please see Mr. Russo's latest article on the state of the Wild...here.

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:59 PM
  #15
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
The Wild would think about it if Koivu and Latendresse can come back healthy in the next few weeks.
Uh...the trade deadline is 1 week away.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:06 PM
  #16
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
Is this a trade I would take? Yes, and also, my player of choice would be Maxwell, but we are sitting in 7th place right now (I know it can change quickly), but we probably won't sell away Brunette. Koivu is going to be coming back ~ 3-4 weeks, so I doubt Brunette gets moved, but this is a fair value if we were to trade away Brunette.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:12 PM
  #17
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,264
vCash: 50
JMO but I can't see Fletcher trading Brunette for anyone who wouldn't help us get to the playoffs this year. Koivu gone or not the West is jumbled enough to give us a chance, and we're not going to give it up. just to deepen our pool.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:27 PM
  #18
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,147
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostguy View Post
i still don't understand why Boyd is still in the minors?
Boyd v.s Pyatt?? at least Boyd can find the back of the net!
boyd has only hit the back of the net in the AHL didnt do **** with the Habs

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:35 PM
  #19
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
* If Minnesota doesn't gain any ground in the next week;


TO MONTREAL
* Andrew Brunette




TO MINNESOTA
* 2012 second round pick.
* One of the following;
Ben Maxwell (#13 on HF - C - 22yr - 39pts/46gp AHL)
Brock Trotter (#15 on HF - W - 23yr - 26pts/49gp KHL)
Dustin Boyd (N/R - W/C - 24yr - 18pts/37gp NHL/AHL)
Mathieu Carle (#11 on HF - D - 23yr - 20pts/47gp AHL)


The reason I added all the different prospects is because I'm not 100% sure what Minnesota needs/wants. Maxwell is an offensive guy who could become a 2nd line C with some development, Trotter is a talented winger who looked good in limited NHL time last year and is playing well in the KHL this year, Boyd is your typical bottom-6 forward with some potential for offensive output, and Carle is a pucking moving defenseman (our defensive dmen seem to be limited to Tinordi and Stejskal).
This is the deal I envision Fletcher taking if he trades Bruno (2nd + mid-tier prospect [5-12] with upside). Won't even try to talk about which prospect would be the best fit; however I know Trotter from his DU days and am wondering why is he playing in the KHL?

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:39 PM
  #20
habspinner
Registered User
 
habspinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
This is the deal I envision Fletcher taking if he trades Bruno (2nd + mid-tier prospect [5-12] with upside). Won't even try to talk about which prospect would be the best fit; however I know Trotter from his DU days and am wondering why is he playing in the KHL?
Trotter is in the KHL because I'm not sure if you noticed but we're kind of colloquially known as the smurfs, so one more little guy up front isn't going to cut it unfortunately.

Personally I think there is a slight possibility that he plays for us again, but very slight. My guess is we trade his rights.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:44 PM
  #21
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Trading for Brunette would be a waste of assets no matter which way you look at it from a Habs' point of view. The team needs grit and toughness. Brunette has hit someone (likely by mistake) 20 times this season in 59 games played!

In addition, it's not like the Habs are a Brunette (pending UFA) away from being a contender... although some players may be a brunette away from the cycle, along with a blonde and a red head!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:46 PM
  #22
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,437
vCash: 500
A second round pick and a prospect for a 37 year old on pace for 45 points? No thanks...

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:51 PM
  #23
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I think we would have a better idea about this after this week. We have 3 more games (Edmonton, LA and Anaheim) and the 3rd is on Friday. I would like GMCF to see where we are in terms of the PO picture then, and then make a decision. We've played 1 game w/o Koivu so far, and took a very good Detroit team to a SO. The value seems very fair, and my player choice would be Maxwell.
I agree about waiting till friday to decide but i would be happy with maxwell and a 2nd

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:56 PM
  #24
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
This is the deal I envision Fletcher taking if he trades Bruno (2nd + mid-tier prospect [5-12] with upside). Won't even try to talk about which prospect would be the best fit; however I know Trotter from his DU days and am wondering why is he playing in the KHL?
I think the reason is pretty simple - $65,000 in the AHL compared to $250,000 in the KHL.

I'm pretty sure he wants to play in the NHL, but while he has the chance, why not make enough money to buy a house, a good card, and invest while he's still young which is what the money from the KHL will help him do. He brings home $350,000 after two years (I think he signed for two seasons) and that's enough to buy a good house, a nice car, pay off some debt, and be set for life regardless if he makes the NHL (could easily live off the 100K he'd make in the AHL should he never make it to the NHL).

I don't think the Habs had a problem with it because they know he wants to be an NHLer and they know the KHL is a pretty good league. Plus, at the start of the year, we had a lot of young kids needing ice-time in Hamilton (some European guys to adapt to the NA ice) so letting Trotter develop over there was fine.

He'll be back. He's a good player.

He played two games, I think, in the NHL two years ago. He played on a line with two other rookies (Ryan White & David Desharnais). The first game, they were absolutely phenomenal. The second game, they didn't do much and his stay was done after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Trading for Brunette would be a waste of assets no matter which way you look at it from a Habs' point of view. The team needs grit and toughness. Brunette has hit someone (likely by mistake) 20 times this season in 59 games played!

In addition, it's not like the Habs are a Brunette (pending UFA) away from being a contender... although some players may be a brunette away from the cycle, along with a blonde and a red head!
Right. We're in 6th place. Once the playoffs start, everyone is a contender so don't give me that ********.

I guess we were only a Dominic Moore away from being a 3rd round team last year?

Bah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
A second round pick and a prospect for a 37 year old on pace for 45 points? No thanks...
Yeah because that's all that he brings.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:09 PM
  #25
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Yeah because that's all that he brings.
What else does he bring? He doesn't play on the PK, he's slow, he's not overly gritty... we have bigger needs than a 37 year old winger who is a UFA at year end.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.