HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

STL-PHO Gameday Thread-Rocktober 10

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 07:59 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri
Yahoo sports is saying that Kolanos has the game winner...
It was really all Tanabe, Kolanos might have just tipped it, but it wouldnt matter since Osgood didnt even bother to close the 5 hole.

Backhander from just inside the blueline, great job ozzy

Old
10-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Spaceace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Thanks. Are those the TV play by play guys?
No,they are the radio p-b-p guys.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by weight39
No,they are the radio p-b-p guys.
I believe they are both. Kurt Kielback and Charlie Simmer are the Fox Sports Net AZ announcers.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:51 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Thanks. Are those the TV play by play guys?
Nope they are radio only. Bernie Federko and Ken Wilson do the Blues TV. Bernie does a good job, but I have no use for Wilson.

Old
10-10-2003, 09:14 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by weight39
The Coyotes' play-by-play guys suck. The Blues' guys are one of the better duos. http://www.ktrs.com Then click on "Listen Live"
I live in Philly, so I listen to all the Coyotes game on interent radio. The only thing I dislike about the Coyotes announcers is Kielback tends to get overly excited over routine plays. Not a big deal when he is doing TV PBP (which he does as well) but when all you have is sound, it really throws you off.

"OH MY GOD!! NAGY WITH A CROSS ICE PASS TO JOHNSON!! AND HE CARRIES THE PUCK ACROSS THE REDLINE!! HOLY ****!! I JUST **** MY PANTS!!"

Old
10-10-2003, 09:42 PM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
I live in Philly, so I listen to all the Coyotes game on interent radio. The only thing I dislike about the Coyotes announcers is Kielback tends to get overly excited over routine plays. Not a big deal when he is doing TV PBP (which he does as well) but when all you have is sound, it really throws you off.

"OH MY GOD!! NAGY WITH A CROSS ICE PASS TO JOHNSON!! AND HE CARRIES THE PUCK ACROSS THE REDLINE!! HOLY ****!! I JUST **** MY PANTS!!"
I love Kurt Kielback. He's legendary in Winnipeg...well perhaps legendary is a bit extreme, but his calling Ellett's ot winner over the Oilers is legendary for sure. Quit bagging on him, and go jets!

EDIT, bag on him if you like..its a free forum.

Old
10-11-2003, 03:40 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
I love Kurt Kielback. He's legendary in Winnipeg...well perhaps legendary is a bit extreme, but his calling Ellett's ot winner over the Oilers is legendary for sure. Quit bagging on him, and go jets!

EDIT, bag on him if you like..its a free forum.

Bagging on him is not the case, I am sorry if that's what my post conveyed. I think he is a great announcer, he just gets carried away sometimes. Quite often I'll put the radio on and then go do something else, focusing on the radio only when I hear an excited Kielback. Sure, I catch all the big stuff, but when is he not excited? I can respect that, and I really enjoy his emotion when I am not multi-tasking, but it becomes a bit of a problem sometimes for me.

Old
10-11-2003, 06:20 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan

The running joke during his days in Winnipeg was that he was like that in all aspects of his life. We used to do impressions of what he'd be like doing day to day monotonous activities but be really excited. Hey, it was a small town and we had nothing else to do.

Old
10-11-2003, 08:24 AM
Hecht

I love how the whole rink becomes Coyote Country or Coyote Corner :p

Closed Thread