HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers and Wild

Old
02-19-2011, 10:04 PM
barnabyrules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriktion View Post
So you're saying potential 1st overall pick+gags+gilbert? I like Burns but I don't feel like he is worth the 1st overall alone.
How about:
Gags+Gilbert+Oilers 1st in 2012? The logic behind this of course is that the Oilers won't be a lottery team next year and the pick likely (hopefully) 8-14 range.
Just checked the standings, didn't realize the Oilers were so close to the absolute bottom. I was assuming they'd have a 3-5 range pick. Gilbert isn't anything special as far as I'm concerned. IMO, Gagner & a top-5ish pick is about right for Burns. Still not sure if the Wild would actually do it. Burns is arguably the main piece of their core.

barnabyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 11:54 PM
whitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Wild hang up laughing. Burns is worth more than Gagner + Gilbert + 2nd let alone adding Brodziak into the deal.
Thats ok I want to keep Gagner and our 2nd and you keep Burns I would gladly take Clutterbuck off your hands as he will eventually hurt someone in one of your practices

whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitty View Post
Thats ok I want to keep Gagner and our 2nd and you keep Burns I would gladly take Clutterbuck off your hands as he will eventually hurt someone in one of your practices
As long as it isn't Koivu, Havlat, Latendresse, Cullen, Bouchard, Burns, Zidlicky, Schultz or Backstrom, I'm cool with it.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:31 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
As long as it isn't Koivu, Havlat, Latendresse, Cullen, Bouchard, Burns, Zidlicky, Schultz or Backstrom, I'm cool with it.
Please hurt Barker...BARKER

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:38 AM
heksagon

Quote:
Yeah I posted this on the Oilers boards earlier and Oilers fans were telling me the Wild had to add...so I kind of wanted to see what the general consensus was amongst more than just us Oilers fans.
What do you Minny fans feel the Oilers would need to add to net a guy like Burns?
Would a package surrounding Penner+Cogs+Gilbert+2nd in 2011 work for Burns+Brodziak+3rd?
This is hilarious!

heksagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:26 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Just because some clueless posters on the Oilers board thought it was a bad deal for the Oilers, doesn't mean you to need to share it here.

There's nothing beyond Gilbert's hometown that's attractive to Minny. He hasn't been playing well, and that contract isn't easy to move. He has little to no value.

Burns and Brodziak for Gagner and a 2nd isn't even close.

Just awful from a Minny PoV.
Pretty much. I hope Gilbert can turn things around for Edmonton but Minnesota already have defensemen which do his job.

Quote:
Yeah I posted this on the Oilers boards earlier and Oilers fans were telling me the Wild had to add...so I kind of wanted to see what the general consensus was amongst more than just us Oilers fans.
What do you Minny fans feel the Oilers would need to add to net a guy like Burns?
Would a package surrounding Penner+Cogs+Gilbert+2nd in 2011 work for Burns+Brodziak+3rd?
I wouldn't talk unless there's a 1st and/or a young gun on the table. In the case of trading Burns, quality is better than quantity. And since Edmonton has no reason to do that, let's just cut our losses.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
forthewild

People need to watch Burns and what he does, he is a beast he just plain toys with some players given how strong he is, and given his size his skating is freaking amazing, oh and he scores a ton of goals 14 so far, 2nd time in his career he's over 10 and this is on a crappy offensive team.

If EDM wants Burns you better be prepared to part with a 1st and a top prospect to start the conversation.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:29 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
People need to watch Burns and what he does, he is a beast he just plain toys with some players given how strong he is, and given his size his skating is freaking amazing, oh and he scores a ton of goals 14 so far, 2nd time in his career he's over 10 and this is on a crappy offensive team.

If EDM wants Burns you better be prepared to part with a 1st and a top prospect to start the conversation.
Uh, don't get carried away now.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:49 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
Uh, don't get carried away now.
yes Kabs didn't just get that deal and Burns is better with way more upside and younger so yeah.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:55 PM
oilers4life5

Could we do a trade around Gilbert for Barker ?

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:57 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
yes Kabs didn't just get that deal and Burns is better with way more upside and younger so yeah.
There's a little bit of difference between the 1st overall pick and a +20th overall pick.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Jamin

Quote:
so 30th overall from philly = 1st overall from edmonton

I dont think kaberle fetched anything near larsson and gagner +

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 03:24 PM
ian09

penner + smid for burns

ian09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 03:37 PM
rafterman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
Could we do a trade around Gilbert for Barker ?
No thanks. As much I'm completely unimpressed with Barker, at least he's only got one year (after this year) left on his bloated contract. That can't be said for Gilbert...

rafterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 03:44 PM
forthewild

Again i'm not saying EDM would give up top pick but a 1st is what would be required unless you pay in prospects and/or roster players, just don't see why people keep mentioning burns.