HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do Flame fans think of Cory Sarich?

Old
02-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
He made a bad play in the HC though; pretty sure everyone remembers the pinch and the big hit he tried to throw instead of playing positionally, and it lead to that lone 2 on 1 for the Habs.

I like him, and he's not terribly inconsistent and is a playoff warrior, but man, if the salary was under 3 I would like him a lot more.
Who gave him that contract, anyways?
I also remember a brutal Backlund giveaway on a drop pass with no Flames around... hockey is a game of mistakes... every player makes a bunch every game... and the lower down the totem pole thye are the more they are likely to make

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Beats By CoRD
Shoeless Hudler

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
He made a bad play in the HC though; pretty sure everyone remembers the pinch and the big hit he tried to throw instead of playing positionally, and it lead to that lone 2 on 1 for the Habs.

I like him, and he's not terribly inconsistent and is a playoff warrior, but man, if the salary was under 3 I would like him a lot more.
Who gave him that contract, anyways?
Sutter of course.

Also found this to be pretty funny:

http://m.thebreakaway.net/forums/sho...-3.6M-yr-5-yrs

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Sutter of course.

Also found this to be pretty funny:

http://m.thebreakaway.net/forums/sho...-3.6M-yr-5-yrs
"cheung31 04:22 PM 07-01-2007
Sarich from Tampa, and it's 3.6 people.. I just don't like this signing at all. God damn, I thought something like Hannan would be coming. "

lol?

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:30 PM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I also remember a brutal Backlund giveaway on a drop pass with no Flames around... hockey is a game of mistakes... every player makes a bunch every game... and the lower down the totem pole thye are the more they are likely to make
I think Sutter modified their system a little bit and put some emphasis on drop passes. There were at least 10 times where we gain the zone and looked for the drop pass right away. We also didnt enter the zone as a line as much so I think he was trying something a little bit different.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:36 PM
abracanada

Sarich has played quite well this year. And he is big in the playoffs. Not flashy and does not have an overpowering shot but can play a smart, physical game with the ability to read plays and chip in offensively the odd time.

A nice top four defender.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Stewie Griffin
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

vCash: 16000
Quote:
I remember that play and the Flames player trailing Backlund peeled off to make a line change.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:26 AM
The Gnome

The first 2 replies to the OP were dead on. Almost every flames fans feels that way. Should be great come playoffs and for that reason I highly doubt he'd be moved unless someone overpaid.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
The first 2 replies to the OP were dead on. Almost every flames fans feels that way. Should be great come playoffs and for that reason I highly doubt he'd be moved unless someone overpaid.
I don't see him going anywhere until at least the draft, and that will only be if we landing a big ticket center

Old
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
haQ Loob

Quote:
A regrettable play, no doubt, but did you see how Backlund came back with urgency and made it right? I thought that 20 second stretch really spoke to the responsibility individual players have taken on for the success of the team. I actually applauded in my living room in Edmonton.

haQ Loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haQ Loob View Post
A regrettable play, no doubt, but did you see how Backlund came back with urgency and made it right? I thought that 20 second stretch really spoke to the responsibility individual players have taken on for the success of the team. I actually applauded in my living room in Edmonton.
i wasnt knocking Backlund... but the thing is when its a player like Sarich or Jokinen the posters here rip on them for it... but when its Backlund its acceptable... no one on this team works as hard as Sarich night in and night out

Old
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild

vCash: 140
Quote:
i wasnt knocking Backlund... but the thing is when its a player like Sarich or Jokinen the posters here rip on them for it... but when its Backlund its acceptable... no one on this team works as hard as Sarich night in and night out
Jackman would like to have a word with you.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:19 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by haQ Loob View Post
To me that was one of the best plays I have seen all year, from any player on this team. It's plays like that which truly make me a huge fan of the kid. My only knock on him is that I wish he'd be more decisive and aggresive, but that may come with experience as is often the case.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:34 AM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
"cheung31 04:22 PM 07-01-2007
Sarich from Tampa, and it's 3.6 people.. I just don't like this signing at all. God damn, I thought something like Hannan would be coming. "

lol?

I'd take Sarich over Hannan every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 08:59 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas View Post
I'd take Sarich over Hannan every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Me too.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote