HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do Flame fans think of Cory Sarich?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2011, 01:39 PM
  #26
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
He made a bad play in the HC though; pretty sure everyone remembers the pinch and the big hit he tried to throw instead of playing positionally, and it lead to that lone 2 on 1 for the Habs.

I like him, and he's not terribly inconsistent and is a playoff warrior, but man, if the salary was under 3 I would like him a lot more.
Who gave him that contract, anyways?
I also remember a brutal Backlund giveaway on a drop pass with no Flames around... hockey is a game of mistakes... every player makes a bunch every game... and the lower down the totem pole thye are the more they are likely to make

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:04 PM
  #27
Beats By CoRD
Shoeless Hudler
 
Beats By CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: @HawnzDynasty
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,060
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
He made a bad play in the HC though; pretty sure everyone remembers the pinch and the big hit he tried to throw instead of playing positionally, and it lead to that lone 2 on 1 for the Habs.

I like him, and he's not terribly inconsistent and is a playoff warrior, but man, if the salary was under 3 I would like him a lot more.
Who gave him that contract, anyways?
Sutter of course.

Also found this to be pretty funny:

http://m.thebreakaway.net/forums/sho...-3.6M-yr-5-yrs

__________________

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:35 PM
  #28
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Sutter of course.

Also found this to be pretty funny:

http://m.thebreakaway.net/forums/sho...-3.6M-yr-5-yrs
"cheung31 04:22 PM 07-01-2007
Sarich from Tampa, and it's 3.6 people.. I just don't like this signing at all. God damn, I thought something like Hannan would be coming. "

lol?

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:30 PM
  #29
flames123
Registered User
 
flames123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I also remember a brutal Backlund giveaway on a drop pass with no Flames around... hockey is a game of mistakes... every player makes a bunch every game... and the lower down the totem pole thye are the more they are likely to make
I think Sutter modified their system a little bit and put some emphasis on drop passes. There were at least 10 times where we gain the zone and looked for the drop pass right away. We also didnt enter the zone as a line as much so I think he was trying something a little bit different.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:36 PM
  #30
abracanada
Registered User
 
abracanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Sarich has played quite well this year. And he is big in the playoffs. Not flashy and does not have an overpowering shot but can play a smart, physical game with the ability to read plays and chip in offensively the odd time.

A nice top four defender.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:16 PM
  #31
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Mines
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 16000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I also remember a brutal Backlund giveaway on a drop pass with no Flames around... hockey is a game of mistakes... every player makes a bunch every game... and the lower down the totem pole thye are the more they are likely to make
I remember that play and the Flames player trailing Backlund peeled off to make a line change.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:26 AM
  #32
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
The first 2 replies to the OP were dead on. Almost every flames fans feels that way. Should be great come playoffs and for that reason I highly doubt he'd be moved unless someone overpaid.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:27 PM
  #33
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
The first 2 replies to the OP were dead on. Almost every flames fans feels that way. Should be great come playoffs and for that reason I highly doubt he'd be moved unless someone overpaid.
I don't see him going anywhere until at least the draft, and that will only be if we landing a big ticket center

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
  #34
haQ Loob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I also remember a brutal Backlund giveaway on a drop pass with no Flames around... hockey is a game of mistakes... every player makes a bunch every game... and the lower down the totem pole thye are the more they are likely to make
A regrettable play, no doubt, but did you see how Backlund came back with urgency and made it right? I thought that 20 second stretch really spoke to the responsibility individual players have taken on for the success of the team. I actually applauded in my living room in Edmonton.

haQ Loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 07:10 PM
  #35
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haQ Loob View Post
A regrettable play, no doubt, but did you see how Backlund came back with urgency and made it right? I thought that 20 second stretch really spoke to the responsibility individual players have taken on for the success of the team. I actually applauded in my living room in Edmonton.
i wasnt knocking Backlund... but the thing is when its a player like Sarich or Jokinen the posters here rip on them for it... but when its Backlund its acceptable... no one on this team works as hard as Sarich night in and night out

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
  #36
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 6,285
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i wasnt knocking Backlund... but the thing is when its a player like Sarich or Jokinen the posters here rip on them for it... but when its Backlund its acceptable... no one on this team works as hard as Sarich night in and night out
Jackman would like to have a word with you.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:19 AM
  #37
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haQ Loob View Post
A regrettable play, no doubt, but did you see how Backlund came back with urgency and made it right? I thought that 20 second stretch really spoke to the responsibility individual players have taken on for the success of the team. I actually applauded in my living room in Edmonton.
To me that was one of the best plays I have seen all year, from any player on this team. It's plays like that which truly make me a huge fan of the kid. My only knock on him is that I wish he'd be more decisive and aggresive, but that may come with experience as is often the case.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:34 AM
  #38
DBU
Never Quit
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,944
vCash: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
"cheung31 04:22 PM 07-01-2007
Sarich from Tampa, and it's 3.6 people.. I just don't like this signing at all. God damn, I thought something like Hannan would be coming. "

lol?


I'd take Sarich over Hannan every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 08:59 PM
  #39
StreakingRed
#unsustainable
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas View Post
I'd take Sarich over Hannan every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Me too.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.