HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stars/Pens discussing Neal for Goligoski trade

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2011, 02:10 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady12 View Post
Well I see almost every game and he doesn't look amazing. Not saying he's bad at all. He COULD be pretty amazing but he's streaky and disappears for long stretches. He can be a power forward, he shows it sometimes. But he doesn't usually play that game. If he's not scoring goals he's not much use on the ice. As opposed to a guy like Benn who is very valuable even if he's not scoring goals. Neal is only 23 though, maybe he'll put things together consistently at some point.
What does Benn do that Neal doesn't, when neither are scoring goals?

I thought Neal plays a 2-way game...

Old
02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
wtbipyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanson View Post
Neal > Goligoski.
It depends on your need. It is obvious the Pens need a big, skilled winger...and Dallas needs a defenseman to help move the puck. Have you watched either of these players play???

Old
02-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
What does Benn do that Neal doesn't, when neither are scoring goals?

I thought Neal plays a 2-way game...
http://www.defendingbigd.com/2011/2/...-Brad-Richards

Excerpt: This is why Neal's name has come up more than any other player when it comes to trade talks surrounding the Dallas Stars. I guarantee you that of Eriksson, Jamie Benn, Tom Wandell and Steve Ott the Stars see Neal as much more expendable -- especially considering his potential value in a trade for a defenseman.

Benn seems to make whatever line he plays on better. He is probably a little faster and more dynamic, good passer, is one of the most dangerous PK'ers in the league, hits more, drives the net more, better defensively. He's a really good overall player. Appears to be turning into the guy we wanted Neal to be.

Neal doesn't consistently hit or backcheck, not a passer.. He's invisible at times. Benn is always noticeable whether he's scoring or not.

Old
MB94
@MBFarina94

mmm...I hope this deal won't go through. I feel we should get a more proven and better D if we give up Neal.

Old
edog37

Quote:
Well I see almost every game and he doesn't look amazing. Not saying he's bad at all. He COULD be pretty amazing but he's streaky and disappears for long stretches. He can be a power forward, he shows it sometimes. But he doesn't usually play that game. If he's not scoring goals he's not much use on the ice. As opposed to a guy like Benn who is very valuable even if he's not scoring goals. Neal is only 23 though, maybe he'll put things together consistently at some point.

Soon as I posted this I saw the following, which says similar things about Neal:

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2011/2/...-Brad-Richards
if he's potting goals on a line with either Crosby or Malkin, I would be estatic. I'm thinking Sid could probably turn him into a 40 goal scorer....

Old
02-21-2011, 02:15 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFanInCanada View Post
mmm...I hope this deal won't go through. I feel we should get a more proven and better D if we give up Neal.
How much more proven could a 25-year old puck-moving defenseman be? One that you could actually even dream of trading for, especially.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vofty View Post
There was also another young offensive defenseman that Dallas got from Pittsburgh that became one of the best to play the position.

I'm all for this trade, I think Neal will do well in Pittsburgh and I think Goligoski will do well in Dallas.
Exactly...provided the deal goes through.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog37 View Post
if he's potting goals on a line with either Crosby or Malkin, I would be estatic. I'm thinking Sid could probably turn him into a 40 goal scorer....
But Richards can't? I'm not saying Richards is Crosby but there aren't a lot of set up men better than Richards.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
But Richards can't? I'm not saying Richards is Crosby but there aren't a lot of set up men better than Richards.
Neal is not yet a finished product, but has already flirted with 30 goals. I think that's the insinuation.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Deleted. Wrong thread.

Last edited by 71: 02-21-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old
02-21-2011, 02:22 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
The other negative for Dallas is Brad Richards. Part of the reason he likes Dallas is playing with Neal and Eriksson.
His chemistry is more with Eriksson than Neal, on account of playing with him during the 2008 playoffs.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookeKilledJFK View Post
By reading your posts on the past few pages I've came to conclusion you are nothing but a blind homer.
How is that? I've been calling Neal overrated, hardly homerism. I want to trade the guy while his value is high.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:25 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

I love Gogo, but if we can get a guy like Neal for him, why not? Neal is a long-term solution on the wing and we are stacked on defense. It makes too much sense for me not to love it.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:27 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFanInCanada View Post
Like whom? If you're thinking Bogosian, wouldn't he be classified among the not-proven?

If you're thinking Seabrook, Letang, and the like, sorry but they are not heading anywhere. They are way too valuable to their franchises to be flipped for only a winger.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:29 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookeKilledJFK View Post
By reading your posts on the past few pages I've came to conclusion you are nothing but a blind homer.
Huh? Granted, I've only read the last two pages but Shady pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as a scouting report on Neal. Now, I'm not saying that Neal won't score more playing with Crosby than with Richards, but consistency is a major issue with him. That's not going to magically disappear by playing alongside one of the very best in the game. I can definitely see how people who only chance upon games with Neal at his best think he is an absolute stud but that's one of the maddening things about the player; he has such huge upside but his effort is inconsistent in every aspect of the game. He also doesn't shoot enough for a player with his particular skill set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Like whom? If you're thinking Bogosian, wouldn't he be classified among the not-proven?

If you're thinking Seabrook, Letang, and the like, sorry but they are not heading anywhere. They are way too valuable to their franchises to be flipped for only a winger.
Exactly. Neal isn't on the Letang level and Bogosian is mostly potential at this point. Gogo and Neal as a base with maybe some prospect/pick shuffling on the side makes too much sense and I hope the two sides really are talking.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Huh? Granted, I've only read the last two pages but Shady pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as a scouting report on Neal. Now, I'm not saying that Neal won't score more playing with Crosby than with Richards, but consistency is a major issue with him. That's not going to magically disappear by playing alongside one of the very best in the game. I can definitely see how people who only chance upon games with Neal at his best think he is an absolute stud but that's one of the maddening things about the player; he has such huge upside but his effort is inconsistent in every aspect of the game. He also doesn't shoot enough for a player with his particular skill set.

Exactly. Neal isn't on the Letang level and Bogosian is mostly potential at this point. Gogo and Neal as a base with maybe some prospect/pick shuffling on the side makes too much sense and I hope the two sides really are talking.
Good assessment. A lot of what applies to Neal here also applies to Goligoski.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
How is that? I've been calling Neal overrated, hardly homerism. I want to trade the guy while his value is high.
Yeah, my bad I had originally quoted you and was reading a different thread and meant to reply in that one, but instead replied to you. My bad.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:44 PM
SkullSplitter

Malone was inconsistent too, but the Pens have missed him every second he's been gone.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

There was a fake Bob Mckenzie Twitter account that posted that Benn and picks were traded for Staal. A Stars fan Tweeted it and within 30 seconds Stars fan pandemonium ensued among Stars fans on Twitter and the blogs until it was noticed that it was fake. I was wiggin' out.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:52 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Now, I'm not saying that Neal won't score more playing with Crosby than with Richards, but consistency is a major issue with him. That's not going to magically disappear by playing alongside one of the very best in the game.
Didn't one LW named Ryan Malone, somewhat equally inconsistent and comparable to Neal (arguable on both counts), play alongside Crosby for at least 2 seasons?

Old
02-21-2011, 02:55 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Didn't one LW named Ryan Malone, somewhat equally inconsistent and comparable to Neal (arguable on both counts), play alongside Crosby for at least 2 seasons?
Ryan Malone was used with Evgeni Malkin more than he was with Crosby. He was very efficient with Malkin. Crosby already has Kunitz to play with. Neal could play with Geno and do the same thing Malkone has done in the past.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:56 PM
ranold26
The real Gahden

Trade is done.

Goligoski for Neal and Niskanen

Old
02-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Karnage420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Trade is done.

Goligoski for Neal and Niskanen
source?>??

edit: nvm!!! fewjaofewjafkjewaifkewioafjew YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Old
02-21-2011, 02:57 PM
vecens24

Thank God For Bob Mckenzie Confirming This.

Old
02-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Shero is a God.

Closed Thread