HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mark Streit

Old
02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Mark Streit

I have no idea what his value is, especially coming back from surgery. He has 2 years left on his deal after this year, so his price isn't a rental.

And the Isles would probably just like to keep him due to his salary helping reach the floor.

But say they feel with the rise of Hamonic they want to move Streit. What would his value be? He's perfect for what we need in Jersey. Zajac & Parise are untouchables (which probably kills the deal anyway), other than that every prospect and player is available.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:04 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Other than Parise/Zajac?

Your soul.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

if he comes back from injury playing like he used to, then hes worth as much as Kaberle would be with 2 years left, or worth more.

All i know is his value is higher then Kaberles and look what 3 months of kaberle got

just using Kaberle as a comparison because both are high end PPQB's except streit is superior defensively

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post
if he comes back from injury playing like he used to, then hes worth as much as Kaberle would be with 1 year left, or worth more.

I think he has 1 year left after this? All i know is his value is higher then Kaberles and look what 3 months of kaberle got

2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Other than Parise/Zajac?

Your soul.
They want Brodeur?

Old
02-21-2011, 01:46 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post
if he comes back from injury playing like he used to, then hes worth as much as Kaberle would be with 2 years left, or worth more.

All i know is his value is higher then Kaberles and look what 3 months of kaberle got

just using Kaberle as a comparison because both are high end PPQB's except streit is superior defensively
Mark Streit is better than Tomas Kaberle, he should get a better package than him if he were to be traded. That being said, not a chance in hell he's moved. He's the leader of the defense and is a great mentor for guys like MacDonald and Hamonic.

If the Devils want Streit, I want Parise and their 1st round pick this year. Yes, I'm dead serious, that's how much he's valued to the Islanders.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Mark Streit is better than Tomas Kaberle, he should get a better package than him if he were to be traded. That being said, not a chance in hell he's moved. He's the leader of the defense and is a great mentor for guys like MacDonald and Hamonic.

If the Devils want Streit, I want Parise and their 1st round pick this year. Yes, I'm dead serious, that's how much he's valued to the Islanders.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post

That's fair to want that. Then never mind.

A) Making trades within division, the premium goes up on a trade

B) Getting points and stuff is all good, but there are other things that bring value to a team and if he's the defense's rock, then the Isles are well within their rights to ask for something astronomical.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:04 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Corner stone defensman in his prime? Your next 4 1sts, and not late 1sts, the Isles want lottery picks. Problem is with Streit winning Harts, they might end up being late picks so Isles say no. Streit is part of their core moving into the future.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:14 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Isles biggest need is TWO mark streits (and a winger for Tavares).

Parise would be an amazing winger for Tavares and Streit would be amazing on the Devils but I can see why neither team would/should make that move.

Divisions aside, the NYI/Devs make poor trading partners IMO.

And make no mistake, Streit is a very good defenseman, underrated by many, has a fair contract, but he's not close to Parise's value, both perceived market value and on-ice impact IMO.

Parise's a real gem of a hockey player! The sheer "VALUE" for Parise would probably cost the Islanders Streit and Bailey or Okposo - give or take!
Hence, no deal is there at all.

Maybe Bogosian as part of a package? Either way, I wouldn't deal Parise.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Dan-o16

The Islanders won't just keep Streit to meet the cap floor. I mean, what a silly thing to say. They keep Doug Weight to meet the cap floor.

The Isles need to add a top-4 Dman, not subtract one. They'll have a chance to add an impact forward in the draft. They probably won't a chance for Larsson. So, subtracting Streit makes no sense at all.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Its not worth trading him

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:56 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
I have no idea what his value is, especially coming back from surgery. He has 2 years left on his deal after this year, so his price isn't a rental.

And the Isles would probably just like to keep him due to his salary helping reach the floor.

But say they feel with the rise of Hamonic they want to move Streit. What would his value be? He's perfect for what we need in Jersey. Zajac & Parise are untouchables (which probably kills the deal anyway), other than that every prospect and player is available.
C'mon.Hamonic's a 20 yr old rookie.Streit's a 33 yr old vet.Hamonic's promising rookie season, is no reason to move Streit.Isles will be looking to move impending ufas like Martinek and 3rd pairing defensemen like Gervais.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 03:25 PM
kasper11

The Isles will not move Streit.

They have a hard time attracting free agents, so there would be no way to replace his productivity. The team thinks it can be a playoff team next year, they need Streit for that.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 03:31 PM
The Rochester Rocket

Mattias Tedenby, Jeff Frazee, Matt Corrente and a first round pick?

The Rochester Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rochester Rocket View Post
if they did trade him, they would need two top 4 dmen coming back and then some.

they dont need young pieces coming back, isles have plenty of young assets, this is a team trying to move from bottom 5 and into playoffs, which, again, is why they wont trade mark streit.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
That's fair to want that. Then never mind.

A) Making trades within division, the premium goes up on a trade

B) Getting points and stuff is all good, but there are other things that bring value to a team and if he's the defense's rock, then the Isles are well within their rights to ask for something astronomical.
QFT

and props to you for being wise enough to understand what the point is...... and not thinking the value is actually that high

We know its not That High but......well you get it

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:13 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rochester Rocket View Post

What's the point for the NYI?We've seen they can't lure the best ufas,no matter what type $ they toss out there.So they end up trading Streit,then paying a kings ransom in a trade for his replacement,who may or may not be as good a mentor as Streit's been?

No thanks.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Jeff Finger 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Other than Parise/Zajac?

Your soul.
only if he can play a fiddle

Jeff Finger 4 is offline   Reply With Quote