HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Souray Watch: On Re-entry Waivers (Update: Clears)

Old
02-21-2011, 04:14 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
How can you say that this team PP is horrible--just watching the PP you can see that this team only looks to get the puck down low(mostly behind the net)and try to pass it to the middle.Having a big time shot from the would open up another option for the PP,Souray would have brought that element to this team.I'm not saying Souray is the difference but with Gabby out scoring on the PP can alone help which is something that has not happened all year.
I think Trxjw's point is that while a big shot would be nice, it's not the main element lacking on our PP. We have no one that is capable of quarterbacking the power play (i.e. moving the puck around, showing creativity) and no one that can gain the zone with consistency. You add that big shot, and yeah, it's nice, but we still lack the ability to move it to that big shot and to get set up in the first place.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:18 PM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Having Souray in a Rangers jersey would've made me sick.
And watching Gilroy every night doesn't make you sick--of course that's if he gets off the bench.

What the hell happened between Trots and Eminger--Eminger was playing lights out until MDZ was re-called and Eminger was sent to the pressbox.

I would rather see Eminger than Gilroy but I believe Sather told Trots to play Gilroy to see if they could deal him.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:22 PM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I think Trxjw's point is that while a big shot would be nice, it's not the main element lacking on our PP. We have no one that is capable of quarterbacking the power play (i.e. moving the puck around, showing creativity) and no one that can gain the zone with consistency. You add that big shot, and yeah, it's nice, but we still lack the ability to move it to that big shot and to get set up in the first place.
I Couldn't agree more with you.The dump and chase has become a bigger part of the PP than gaining the zone the set up or the shot from the point.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:39 PM
RangerBlues

Quote:
I Couldn't agree more with you.The dump and chase has become a bigger part of the PP than gaining the zone the set up or the shot from the point.
There is nobody on this team who has a shot from the point that any team they play really cares about.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Richard Brads

Quote:
They do need money to sign those guys but don't forget the other players that won't be coming back--aka Frolov(3),Gilroy(1.75),Eminger(1),Prospal(1.4),and maybe Feds(1).Yes we will need to replace some of those guys but I think that's where we will see more of the youth movement(hopefully).
if they want to get richards it would be really tight, if not impossible, with souray's contract even with gilroy/eminger off the books. i for one would love to see feds back (may get a small raise, though with this injury possibly not) and possibly even prospal. i of course love the youth movement but i believe you always need at least some veteran presence, and those two guys provide it at a pretty cap friendly number.

Richard Brads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlues View Post
There is nobody on this team who has a shot from the point that any team they play really cares about.
Staal has a decent shot but we can not even get in the zone and set up and everyone is so hesitant on the PP that is why it is so bad

Swept In Seven is online now   Reply With Quote