HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJ 2011 1st ++

Old
02-21-2011, 04:41 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

vCash: 500
NJ 2011 1st ++

Just wondering what the value would be of NJ's 2011 1st + some, considering that the pick is currently moving down in the draft, and the Devils could make the playoffs.

If the Devils were to add, say, White and a high-profile prospect like Josefson, could NJ nail and bring home a true, #1, sizeable center? (*I'm not saying that these are the two pieces that would be in trade, I'm just throwing out names)

Adding a big #1 center that can take some pressure off of Zajac to produce would be in the best interest of the team. Though Zajac's potential is there, I don't think he should be penciled in as the #1 C yet.

So, would this package (or some thing else that is similar) net Stastny? Getzlaf? Who else?

What would have to be added?

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:50 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
Just wondering what the value would be of NJ's 2011 1st + some, considering that the pick is currently moving down in the draft, and the Devils could make the playoffs.

If the Devils were to add, say, White and a high-profile prospect like Josefson, could NJ nail and bring home a true, #1, sizeable center? (*I'm not saying that these are the two pieces that would be in trade, I'm just throwing out names)

Adding a big #1 center that can take some pressure off of Zajac to produce would be in the best interest of the team. Though Zajac's potential is there, I don't think he should be penciled in as the #1 C yet.

So, would this package (or some thing else that is similar) net Stastny? Getzlaf? Who else?

What would have to be added?
White has zero value.

That first - even the 1st overall - would not get you Getslaf.

Not sure how you think Jersey will add the 6.6 that Stastny carries.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Zeroknowledge*

well I doubt it would get a Stastny or Getzlaf, maybe that pick, Tedenby and something like a 2nd could get Stastny but not Getz, then again I doubt Colorado is going on a full rebuild here.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:58 PM
bassassin

Number 1 centres arent generally traded unless that are other circumstances.

Why would Anaheim move Getzlaf when they are on the brink of the playoffs and he is only just getting back to form after injury? They are tied for 7th with 3 other teams, they need him more than ever.

Stastny IMO wont be moved either, they have already moved 1 key part of their offense why move another? Especially with Duchene out. And he is locked up for a few more years.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:17 PM
detredWINgs

#1 centers don't get moved for ~#10 pick and a middle-pairing Dman, not even if said player is an impending UFA.

The best that kind of package would get you is probably Stephen Weiss, and he's not a #1 center..

And to be honest, I highly doubt the Devils are going to trade what will likely be their highest draft pick in years for an outside shot at the playoffs.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:02 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
White has zero value.

That first - even the 1st overall - would not get you Getslaf.

Not sure how you think Jersey will add the 6.6 that Stastny carries.
You're an idiot if you think White has zero value. White is among the game's best PKing defensemen and is still a very good shutdown guy considering his age and lack of vision in one of his eyes. He's been our best defenseman each of the last two seasons and having learned from Stevens, Daneyko, and Niedermayer, he has a lot to pass on to a team with a lot young defenseman.

I don't expect him + the pick to land Getzlaf or anything drastic but to say White has no value is just ignorant. Especially considering Ian White landed a 2nd rounder.

That being said, I don't think the Devils are shopping either asset.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote