HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn thread (formerly 'Pierre Mcguire on team 990')

Old
02-21-2011, 06:02 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

vCash: 500
Andrei Kostitsyn thread (formerly 'Pierre Mcguire on team 990')

Well it wont come as a shock to anyone but he said the Habs are desperately trying to get rid of AK for almost anything...

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:04 PM
GoodKiwi

Great news, hopefully he's right!

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Coldplay
Courage

You forgot the last part: in order to clear cap space for another deal. Which means the AKost for Dumont rumours were asinine.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:05 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
You forgot the last part: in order to clear cap space for another deal.
Hope so..

AK should have some value, a change of scenery might wake him up. It's not like we haven't seen that happen before...

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:08 PM
habsjunkie2*

Please, when will this management team wake the hell up? PG will lose any deal for AK.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Great news, hopefully he's right!
No, hopefully he's wrong. I don't want to get rid of AKost for just anything, he's supremely talented, just a little more streaky than mot goal-scorer already are. Plus, he loves to use his body which is something we don't have alot of right now. He also has to deal with the pressure of playing in Montreal where if you don't score for a handful of games they want your head. Doesn't anyone remember AKost before Martin shattered his confidence by putting him with Gomez? ATM should be re-united so that people remember how good he is.

If we trade him, I guarantee he puts up 30 with his new team

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habiton

How much cap space do we need? We can add about 8 Million in Salary if Spacek goes onto the LTIR. If not then I get it.

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Well it wont come as a shock to anyone but he said the Habs are desperately trying to get rid of AK for almost anything...
Get rid of AK, sure. For almost anything, yeah right. Everything McGuire says about the Habs is always negative. Has he ever said anything positive since he was passed over for the GM job years ago.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:10 PM
shutehinside

I hope AKs contract isn't what's holding up a trade.
It'll suck to see him go after never being able to reach his potential here but he's obviously checked out mentally.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Habskrieg

OOO I'm shocked!!!
Anyways, wasn't it them also saying that they had reasons to believe Gomez would be traded by tonight?

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:14 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post

If we trade him, I guarantee he puts up 30 with his new team
Why do people say this? Who cares what he will do with another team? He's not doing anything here. I think in the right situation he would have thrived here, but that isn't going to happen, so move him.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

I don't care if McKenzie said it, I have a hard time believing Gauthier would have problem moving AK for practically anything.

Young big skilled player with consistency problems at a reasonable price for the rest of the season and set to become a RFA at the end of the year shouldn't be a problem to unload.
If you've actually been scouting him and followed the Habs a bit, you'd also know his utilization has not been optimal either. I don't know why any team would be against giving up a low end pick, or something like that, for him.

I believe Gauthier might be trying to get the most out of a deal.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:18 PM
coolasprICE

So Ak is next on the young players we give away list who blossom elsewhere

yay

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:19 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't care if McKenzie said it, I have a hard time believing Gauthier would have problem moving AK for practically anything.

Young big skilled player with consistency problems at a reasonable price for the rest of the season and set to become a RFA at the end of the year shouldn't be a problem to unload.
If you've actually been scouting him and followed the Habs a bit, you'd also know his utilization has not been optimal either. I don't know why any team would be against giving up a low end pick, or something like that, for him.

I see this as the most likely scenerio too.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

I think what we get in return for AK, if we do trade him, will pleasantly surprise some.

Contrary to popular belief here, he does have value. All it takes is a scout or GM to take a risk and believe in his potential.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:22 PM
WestIslander

Kostitsyn for a Penner staight up.

Edmonton is re-building and needs younger players, Montreal needs size, grit and a top six forward.

If not, then Kostitsyn at the trade deadline with our 1st round draft pick to either move up or get a good NHL defenseman.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:23 PM
strutsboa

While Kostitsyn hasn't been good this year, he still isn't the biggest problem, he started the season very good when he played with Plekanec, but with Gomez or 3rd-4th line nothing works.

People go crazy over Penner who has only 8 points more than Kostitsyn with more ice-time.

Kostitsyn 15:47 (2:08 PP)
Penner 18:31 (3:01 PP)

Kostitsyn has been moved around alot on the lines, but he still has +4, 23 points on even strenght and lead the team in hits. He also only has 2 points less than Gionta who plays alot more and always is paired with Plekanec.

I really don't get all the hate for Kostitsyn? Is it just because he has the potential to be even better?

Okay if you want to trade him, but give him away for free? Come on...

Even strength points:
Weiss 23
Heatley 23
Malkin 23
Marleau 23
Whitney 23
S. Koivu 21
Hossa 21
Pavelski 21
Thornton 21
Alfredsson 19

strutsboa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
I think what we get in return for AK, if we do trade him, will pleasantly surprise some.

Contrary to popular belief here, he does have value. All it takes is a scout or GM to take a risk and believe in his potential.
I think so too, a lot like the D'Agostini and O'Byrne situations where a lot of people around here thought they had no trade value and we ended up getting solid prospects in return.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:29 PM
habspinner

This is such BS - McGuire is an a-hole. Why would he go on the radio and say this and diminish the value of a Habs asset? I'll tell you why; it's because he has a hate on for the Habs, why I don't know, especially considering he is supposed friends with Geoff Molson.

Akost has surely been offered up to all teams, so yes the Habs may be shopping him, but I don't believe that PG is trying to "just get anything for him" - he has some leverage considering how well Skost has done in Nashville.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:31 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Why do people say this? Who cares what he will do with another team? He's not doing anything here.
He's tied for 5th in team scoring with 20% less minutes and less PP time than Gomez an other ahead of him. If he isn't doing anything, then we must have at least 18 other players on the team doing less.

This Ak situation is getting beyond ridiculous. The old boys club (Maguire, etc.) stands behind the status quo (Martin, etc.) and really doesn't do any critical analysis. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon because it is the easy thing to do.

AK may not be living up to expectations but he is hardly a failure. He is putting up points equivalent to the average 2nd line winger, he is a plus winger playing with a minus center, he is often the only one backchecking on his line and he leads the team in hits.

The failure in this situation is not AK, it is the absolutely horrible way in which his development as a player has been handled.

His contract shouldn't stand in the way of a trade. He only has a quarter of a year left on a contract that isn't completely horrible. When it comes to the contract situation we have bigger problems on our hands.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:33 PM
PATCHESx67

NO Habs wont trade Akost for Anything or else the trade would of been done long time ago,u guys honnestly think theres no other teams interested in Andrei ?

NSH picked up SKost who is less skilled,more immature,more lazy,no respect and misses planes

Andrei has loads of talent,hes just lazy and needs a wake up call and obviously doesnt miss planes

PG is probably looking for another young player with potentiel but needs a change of environement thats it,theres no rush to panic and trade him hes not gonna give us a player that will have an impact on the team,atleast not right away

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Destoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
While Kostitsyn hasn't been good this year, he still isn't the biggest problem, he started the season very good when he played with Plekanec, but with Gomez or 3rd-4th line nothing works.

People go crazy over Penner who has only 8 points more than Kostitsyn with more ice-time.

Kostitsyn 15:47 (2:08 PP)
Penner 18:31 (3:01 PP)

Kostitsyn has been moved around alot on the lines, but he still has +4, 23 points on even strenght and lead the team in hits. He also only has 2 points less than Gionta who plays alot more and always is paired with Plekanec.

I really don't get all the hate for Kostitsyn? Is it just because he has the potential to be even better?

Okay if you want to trade him, but give him away for free? Come on...

Even strength points:
Weiss 23
Heatley 23
Malkin 23
Marleau 23
Whitney 23
S. Koivu 21
Hossa 21
Pavelski 21
Thornton 21
Alfredsson 19
Quoted for truth. Why can't people accept him for what he his, a inconsistant physical 2nd liner who takes time to develop. Can anyone here deny the fact Kosty improved in a lot of aspect of the game in the last two years? HE his now responsible on the backcheking, and his passing is so underated. He is probably our most creative foward of the rush with plekanec, he always find the third man or attempt the short pass to create the odd man rush. He will always take the hit too. Who does that in our top6?? He's really good at what he brings, everyone have flaws we gotta accept that.

Destoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:34 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
How much cap space do we need? We can add about 8 Million in Salary if Spacek goes onto the LTIR. If not then I get it.
This season is not the problem. Next year when Gorges and Markov are back, They need room for the new guy whoever it is...Assuming Markov is back....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Gally11

lol yeah no doubt in my mind that teams wouldn't put up a reasonable offer for AK... There's no way he's an impossible sell.. I think PG is just waiting for a deal that fits

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:38 PM
TheBuriedHab

What would the bigger deal be that they are trying to free up space for?

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote