HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn thread (formerly 'Pierre Mcguire on team 990')

Old
02-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
If the habs get noing for AK ill be pissed.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

If true, Gauthier is certainly looking for the best bid...if not, Kostitsyn would've been traded a long time ago.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:42 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
He's tied for 5th in team scoring with 20% less minutes and less PP time than Gomez an other ahead of him. If he isn't doing anything, then we must have at least 18 other players on the team doing less.

This Ak situation is getting beyond ridiculous. The old boys club (Maguire, etc.) stands behind the status quo (Martin, etc.) and really doesn't do any critical analysis. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon because it is the easy thing to do.

AK may not be living up to expectations but he is hardly a failure. He is putting up points equivalent to the average 2nd line winger, he is a plus winger playing with a minus center, he is often the only one backchecking on his line and he leads the team in hits.

The failure in this situation is not AK, it is the absolutely horrible way in which his development as a player has been handled.

His contract shouldn't stand in the way of a trade. He only has a quarter of a year left on a contract that isn't completely horrible. When it comes to the contract situation we have bigger problems on our hands.
Andrei is on a long list of players who need to be shipped out. I really don't care if he's 5th on the team in scoring. He should no longer be in the team's plans. I'd personally like a much more well rounded player.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Picaroon

There is no way PG is going to trade him for "nothing." If he doesn't get a good offer he will just wait until the offseason. What a stupid thing to say. Common sense Pierre, jesus.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
People need to stop making sense. Kostitsyn obviously sucks and is worse than any AHL fodder out there. People need to stop formulating opinions by watching games and just agree with what they read online or hear on talk radio.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:52 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
People need to stop making sense. Kostitsyn obviously sucks and is worse than any AHL fodder out there. People need to stop formulating opinions by watching games and just agree with what they read online or hear on talk radio.
I watch game and he suck.

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:56 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
AK isn't even a rental(RFA). Trading him for peanuts would be terrible. He's a good player, but I understand if people say we're not a team that can handle his inconsistency. Doesn't mean he's a bad player or should be traded for nothing.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:59 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
I know he's one of your favorite players but since his hot streak at the start of the season, he's been invisible. He was also invisible most part of last year and invisible most part of the year before. His only good season was 07-08 and has been below average for 3 years in a row now.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Can you really defend him by using sarcasm? I watch the games like you do and I see nothing in him that indicates me that he wil be a succesful top 6 winger in the league. Most of the first rounders in his draft year are young veterans with important leadership responsabilities in their respective teams. And that's not a critic towards Kostitsyn based on comparison; It's just the fact that at his age, he should be doing much better than this.

Yeah, I see the potential in him, but it doesn't matter...the guy simply doesn't go the extra mile to get out of his funk. Not a good sign.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:06 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Can you really defend him by using sarcasm? I watch the games like you do and I see nothing in him that indicates me that he wil be a succesful top 6 winger in the league. Most of the first rounders in his draft year are young veterans with important leadership responsabilities in their respective teams. And that's not a critic towards Kostitsyn based on comparison; It's just the fact that at his age, he should be doing much better than this.

Yeah, I see the potential in him, but it doesn't matter...the guy simply doesn't go the extra mile to get out of his funk. Not a good sign.
I feel he'll be like a Fedotenko or a Ponikarovsky in terms of career potential. A guy who goes from team to team every year filling on the wing cause they have nothing else.

AK has pissed me off this year. I don't like seeing the team lose, but despite it all, I see guys like Gionta and yeah, even Gomez, actually TRYING out there. They might not be succeeding, but they are trying. With AK, I don't get that same feeling. He looks like he's dogging it, and that's what bugs me the most.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:08 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I feel he'll be like a Fedotenko or a Ponikarovsky in terms of career potential. A guy who goes from team to team every year filling on the wing cause they have nothing else.

AK has pissed me off this year. I don't like seeing the team lose, but despite it all, I see guys like Gionta and yeah, even Gomez, actually TRYING out there. They might not be succeeding, but they are trying. With AK, I don't get that same feeling. He looks like he's dogging it, and that's what bugs me the most.
You would have expected him to improve after his 07-08 breakout season but instead he's been below average for 3 years in a row. He shows he can do it for 5 games in a row but then disappears for 20.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:08 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
I was waiting for you to weigh in on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I know he's one of your favorite players but since his hot streak at the start of the season, he's been invisible. He was also invisible most part of last year and invisible most part of the year before. His only good season was 07-08 and has been below average for 3 years in a row now.
It's just a matter of coaching. AKost needs a coach that doesn't take him off a line on which he's playing the best hockey in his career. Furthermore, it shouldn't be to get the offensive-blackhole Gomez. He gets rag-dolled around the line-up which will do a number on someone's confidence. With goal-scorers they need a few games to adjust to their linemates. He got settled into the ATM line and was our best player through the first part of the season, only to be tossed onto a line with Scott Gomez and Travis ****ing Moen. Jacques Martin is the problem with Andrei Kostitsyn (And Lars Eller who shouldn't still be in our NHL line-up)

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Boulette Cannon

I personally don't care about his stats

I'd rather have Chris Neal than Andrei Kostityn. I think he adds way more to a team than a player like Andrei ever will.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:13 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Well it wont come as a shock to anyone but he said the Habs are desperately trying to get rid of AK for almost anything...
Pierre McGuire = Mr. Obvious

Like we all don't think Gauthier is trying to trade him for anything!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:14 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I was waiting for you to weigh in on this.

It's just a matter of coaching. AKost needs a coach that doesn't take him off a line on which he's playing the best hockey in his career. Furthermore, it shouldn't be to get the offensive-blackhole Gomez. He gets rag-dolled around the line-up which will do a number on someone's confidence. With goal-scorers they need a few games to adjust to their linemates. He got settled into the ATM line and was our best player through the first part of the season, only to be tossed onto a line with Scott Gomez and Travis ****ing Moen. Jacques Martin is the problem with Andrei Kostitsyn (And Lars Eller who shouldn't still be in our NHL line-up)
If it's been 3 years that his confidence is in the **** hole after multiple attempts on the 1st or 2nd line, then maybe he just does not belong. He is not consistent enough to be a top 6 forward.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:17 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
If it's been 3 years that his confidence is in the **** holw after multiple attempts on the 1st or 2nd line, then maybe he just does not belong. He is not consistent enough to be a top 6 forward.
he was playing really well with Plek and Cammy at the start of the season until JM pulled him off the line because of slumping Gomez who couldn't get Gionta scoring.

Some top 6 wingers need top 6 centers to produce; put AK with a REAL 5-7 million top center and he scores 35

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Well it wont come as a shock to anyone but he said the Habs are desperately trying to get rid of AK for almost anything...
I don't doubt they are trying to trade him, but if the Habs were desperately trying to get rid of him for almost anything, then he would have been traded weeks ago for exactly that. As usual, Pierre is probably exagerating. He is far from a hard player to trade at this time of the year. Lots of people are looking for scoring wingers. I highly doubt that the Habs are looking to just 'dump' him.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Its hard to unload AK because he was never truculent enough with us; in fact he truculled poorly and irregularly. If he had truculled more he would be easy to trade.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:18 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Its hard to unload AK because he was never truculent enough with us; in fact he truculled poorly and irregularly. If he had truculled more he would be easy to trade.
he is extremely easy to trade, what are you talking about?

There are no shortage of teams willing to take the "gamble'' on AK.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:19 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
he was playing really well with Plek and Cammy at the start of the season until JM pulled him off the line because of slumping Gomez who couldn't get Gionta scoring.

Some top 6 wingers need top 6 centers to produce; put AK with a REAL 5-7 million top center and he scores 35
He put him back with Pleks and Cammy for a while and he did nothing.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
While Kostitsyn hasn't been good this year, he still isn't the biggest problem, he started the season very good when he played with Plekanec, but with Gomez or 3rd-4th line nothing works.

People go crazy over Penner who has only 8 points more than Kostitsyn with more ice-time.

Kostitsyn 15:47 (2:08 PP)
Penner 18:31 (3:01 PP)

Kostitsyn has been moved around alot on the lines, but he still has +4, 23 points on even strenght and lead the team in hits. He also only has 2 points less than Gionta who plays alot more and always is paired with Plekanec.

I really don't get all the hate for Kostitsyn? Is it just because he has the potential to be even better?

Okay if you want to trade him, but give him away for free? Come on...

Even strength points:
Weiss 23
Heatley 23
Malkin 23
Marleau 23
Whitney 23
S. Koivu 21
Hossa 21
Pavelski 21
Thornton 21
Alfredsson 19
I'm far from being a Kostitsyn hater and I've defended quite a number of times, but it's not about how he's doing compared to the rest anymore.
Bottom line is, you would have expected him to have more than 13G 29Pts after 60 game mark. So, now you have to look at his contractual situation and how you can improve your team. He's set to become a RFA and I believe most would be surprised to see him still with us next season.
Deadline is right around the corner and you'd have to assume that if teams might be willing to overpay for him, it's now.
But trading him just for the sake of it would be idiotic.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Trying to give away players for almost anything? Sounds about right.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:23 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
He put him back with Pleks and Cammy for a while and he did nothing.
It was stupid to move a player who was finally finding his old groove since the Sauer hit.

The player we need to move is Gomez not AK.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:24 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Trying to give away players for almost anything? Sounds about right.
That's our motto!

Anyway, it needs to happen no matter what we'll get in return. People will just see that AK is not the main problem of this team once we trade him. We'll keep getting run over by the B's and Flyers...

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:24 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
It was stupid to move a player who was finally finding his old groove since the Sauer hit.

The player we need to move is Gomez not AK.
I am saying we don't need to get rid of Gomez. I am just saying that AK is too frustrating to watch on this team and if the right deal comes, he should be moved.