HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn thread (formerly 'Pierre Mcguire on team 990')

Old
02-21-2011, 07:45 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Well, now your just being stubborn.
If you say he was good then I imagine you like mediocrity on and off the ice.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Can't wait to see our new guy who will replace him and hit like him and score like him but the diffence will be that the new guy care

I don't mind if Gauthier don't want him because he don't fit with Martin but one thing is sure we won't have a better player for him. And if the player we have is a 20 goals people will still complain about the new players after 20 games. 20 goals top6 scorer are all streaky

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:48 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Maybe his entire career? There can't be only two guys in the NHL who he can play with and they happen to be Plekanec and Cammalleri. He's a floater who hasn't gotten it done no matter who we put him with. Thinking that you'll pair him with Plekanec and Cammalleri and you'll suddenly see the best of AK is ridiculous. He has to be his own saviour. He's had a top 6 position for years and done jack all with it.
Exactly!

We certainly have issues developing talent, especially giving them the confidence and the opportunity to succeed, but Kostityn had many chances.

What kills me is we are in the middle of a playoff race and JM still hasn't figured out what he's got for fowards!

Develop Eller properly, give him 25 minutes in Hamilton on the 1st line and on the PP, not playing with crap players on the friggin wing!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:51 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
If you say he was good then I imagine you like mediocrity on and off the ice.
No, you can imagine that I appreciate good third-liners. And players who are good along the boards. And players who are good PKers. And players who are good positional defenders. And players who are good fore-checkers. And players who know how to make room for themselves in the offensive zone. And players with good hands.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:53 PM
habspinner

Really the Kostitsyn brothers in Montreal have been nothing short of a disaster, and really you can extend it to Grabovski as well. I do think that management wants to trade him to simply move on from this experience which has been negative unfortunately for most parties.

The thing is, it's not just the players fault, like it's not just the managements fault, like it's not just the media's fault. Really it's a combination of everything together that has made this just go so wrong.

I only hope that the Habs learn from this experience and shelter their young players better, which they seem to be doing a better job of now.

What is going to happen here is that Andrei is going to be traded for a reclamation project. So I guess go onto some rosters and find a good, but struggling winger, for similar salaries and you have a trading partner.
If PG doesn't find that, he's not going to make the trade. It's better to sign him in the offseason to a smaller contract and give him a reduced role for a year.

It's pointless to trade this asset, it's not like Sergei who was being benched and was a distraction apparently in the room.

I am not one to go on a hate rant, but if the Habs trade Andrei for garbage, then things are sad in Habsland because that tells me we have a pretty crap GM.

I don't think that's so much the case, because I like his evaluation of talent, and I like the deals that he has made so far. The Skost trade we were cornered into, this was as much the players fault for lowering his value so much by his early season tirade.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:54 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
No, you can imagine that I appreciate good third-liners. And players who are good along the boards. And players who are good PKers. And players who are good positional defenders. And players who are good fore-checkers. And players who know how to make room for themselves in the offensive zone. And players with good hands.
SK was nothing like that with us. Don't know what games you were watching.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:58 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
SK was nothing like that with us. Don't know what games you were watching.
Honestly, I don't know what you expect from Bottom 6 players. We can't have four lines of Tomas Plekanec's. Sergei Kostitsyn was very effective in his role, he was all of those things I just said, I don't get how you didn't see any of that.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:58 PM
XperHFB

who is Pierre McGuire any ways?

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:59 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

It pisses me off that we'll get nothing for him and he'll light it up else where. Just another example of the inability to motivate players in Montreal.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:00 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperHFB View Post
who is Pierre McGuire any ways?

He's a popular hockey analyst for TSN, and former NHL head coach

Old
02-21-2011, 08:01 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know what you expect from Bottom 6 players. We can't have four lines of Tomas Plekanec's. Sergei Kostitsyn was very effective in his role, he was all of those things I just said, I don't get how you didn't see any of that.
I saw that in Skost. I am not in any way surprised to see him succeed as he is doing.

However, it wasn't working in Montreal for various reasons. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the player has as much to do as anyone else in lowering his value. It's not all managements fault. Some of it is, but not all.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:03 PM
HomaridII

In the NHL, if you are a player with talent, it is all about opportunity. You know that good spell he is on? Well look at his game log

http://predators.nhl.com/club/player...1&view=gamelog

Check when his TOI went from 9-11 mins to 16-20 minutes a game, it is no coincidence he started racking up the points.

Talented player + with other good players + top 2 lines minutes + PP time = 40-50 points ... easy.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
Just like S. Kostitsyn. Sergei now has 16 goals for Nashville. How many habs forwards have more than that this season? Gio and Pleks.

We gave Sergai away and now they want to do the same with A. Kostitsyn.

Stupid.

Time for management to pull their head out of where it is and wake up.

Stop giving our young talent away for almost nothing because you have a fixed mind and have no flexability.

JM is another example of a fixed mind set. Get someone that knows how to be creative .

Andrei, is a moron on the ice, has all the skill in the world, but cannot follow a play to save his life

Where as Sergei, is such a smarter, more creative player, ..ive seen such flashes of brilliance from sergei, its a shame he was never given a better shot, he has issues off the ice, and thats why he was traded, not for issues ON the ice, hes miles ahead of his brother in hockey smarts

Andrei just cant seem to piece it together ON the ice, and i doubt that will hurt us when hes moved elsewhere, its a much more different a situation then sergei

i always liked andrei, but its time to move on, should he finally score 30 elsewhere, hey good for you andrei man, but its aparant that its just NOT going to happen, HERE.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:06 PM
sammy d

Please get rid of him for a player that will get involved physically in every game, who will score 20-25 goals and who will jump into a skirmish to defend his teammates. And who will not disappear for stretches of 10 games or more several times per year.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:06 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
I saw that in Skost. I am not in any way surprised to see him succeed as he is doing.

However, it wasn't working in Montreal for various reasons. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the player has as much to do as anyone else in lowering his value. It's not all managements fault. Some of it is, but not all.
Then we're in agreement .. The right move was made moving on from SKost. He was both mismanaged, but also a major problem off the ice. Looking back, Ellis who was supposed to me our back-up and Dustin Boyd who I thought would be a decent third-liner, ended being neither of those things But hey, we've washed our hands clean of that whole situation.

But the one thing I credit SKost for in our time with us, is not letting it all effect him when he stepped foot on the ice. And if he had played more minutes, he would have put up more points, but his ice-time was a direct result of his off-ice attitude.

Old
02-21-2011, 08:07 PM
RE-HABS

Why people think AK is going to light it up elsewhere boggles my mind. The difference with him and his brother you could see the determination and work ethic there in SK, but AK checks out and he will elsewhere.

He lacks the passion.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:08 PM
JackZap

is AK in vancouver? because I did see his truck in his parking spots today and it usually doesnt sit there when hes on road trips. Im thinking he brings it to Brossard when they leave. Unless his wife or someone brought him to Brossard and kept the truck...

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:09 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Well it wont come as a shock to anyone but he said the Habs are desperately trying to get rid of AK for almost anything...
Almost anything? How about Begin and some popcorn ?

If it was almost anything he wouldn't have made the trip in the west.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:11 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Andrei, is a moron on the ice, has all the skill in the world, but cannot follow a play to save his life

Where as Sergei, is such a smarter, more creative player, ..ive seen such flashes of brilliance from sergei, its a shame he was never given a better shot, he has issues off the ice, and thats why he was traded, not for issues ON the ice, hes miles ahead of his brother in hockey smarts

Andrei just cant seem to piece it together ON the ice, and i doubt that will hurt us when hes moved elsewhere, its a much more different a situation then sergei

i always liked andrei, but its time to move on, should he finally score 30 elsewhere, hey good for you andrei man, but its aparant that its just NOT going to happen, HERE.
Looks like nobody is going to score 30 here... so why pick on Andrei?

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
In the NHL, if you are a player with talent, it is all about opportunity. You know that good spell he is on? Well look at his game log

http://predators.nhl.com/club/player...1&view=gamelog

Check when his TOI went from 9-11 mins to 16-20 minutes a game, it is no coincidence he started racking up the points.

Talented player + with other good players + top 2 lines minutes + PP time = 40-50 points ... easy.
If that was the case, he'd had done it by now through three difference coaches.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Why people think AK is going to light it up elsewhere boggles my mind. The difference with him and his brother you could see the determination and work ethic there in SK, but AK checks out and he will elsewhere.

He lacks the passion.
because AK is the more talented of the two? And I don't remember anyone saying Sergei and work ethic in the same sentence in his last year has a Hab.

Last edited by Quarantesix: 02-21-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Miller Time

2 thoughts

1- if/when Kost gets moved, the return will say a lot about what kind of GM we have...
Can't say that he was under pressure to move him b/c nothing has changed with kost in ~3 years. Immense talent, very inconsistent. Lots of opportunity to move him when he's been "on", so if we get nothing in return, the "no value b/c of poor play" excuse will be bs

2- radio in cgy today talking about the turn around, unanimous thoughts from players/coaches/pundits = confidence. Kost getting yanked from successful ATM line to pair him with Scott "black hole" Gomez was pure coaching folly... Not putting back with pleks is even worse... Gio is the vet, the captain(so probably not getting moved, not too mention the bad contract), and frankly not doing all that well with pleks anyways.
JM is every bit at fault for Kost's disapointing 2nd half as the player, if kost gets shipped, I hope thats the last talented young player to go (lats, skost, O'B)... Next is the pink slip

And for the love of god, if we are going to get fleeced, please let him go to a tram in the West!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:14 PM
haburger

ak is gone ,,and u cant say he didnt get enough chances.he s a great passer an has a heavy shot but doesnt do enough with those tools.too bad cause he s got tons of talent and size,,,,,but zero hockey sense.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Looks like nobody is going to score 30 here... so why pick on Andrei?
not picking on him, stating the truth about him

someone may very well score 30 here again, and when they do, itll be through hard work it seems, and not just all out amazing talent, that gets put to waste 60% of the time

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:16 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
If that was the case, he'd had done it by now through three difference coaches.
That is EXACTLY my point.

Since he has been given 16-20 mins per game every game in early December he has 31 pts in 36 games and is a +11. Nothing to do with the coaching IMO, he was simply given an opportunity to play top 2 lines minutes every game no matter what.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote