HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Redden may leave Rangers

Old
02-21-2011, 05:55 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
When we're this close to the cap, 1.6 for a guy who didn't even dominate the few fights he was in before his concussion is a joke.

Especially since he's now concussed, and his only job is to fight.

I supported the contract to an extent, but it's an albatross now.
if you look at some of the fights he's had this season, his opponents were holding on for dear life, and some were pretty big dudes as well. I think he was brought here to fight, intimidate, and throw big hits. this is what i expect from him next season.
this season hasn't exactly gone as planed.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

I guess he finally understands the Rangers don't want him anymore. He's made enough money over his career, so I can't see that being an issue. He's still a NHL level defenseman but he won't be getting anything close to what he's making now.

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:21 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Good luck to him whatever happens. Hopefully a win win for everyone
I hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I don't see him giving up the money.
The reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
The Rangers gave him the contract...It is not the fault of Redden that he got a big contract while his skills started to decline ...that rests clearly on Sather's shoulders .
This has been endlessly debated with all of Sather's poor signings. In reality the player and the agent will determine an amount that they're going to seek, then the agent and the GM discuss the amount, then the GM has to offer the amount. Yes Sather had to offer the contract but their needed to be a negotiation between the GM and the Agent and the Agent needed to know where the player wanted to be or where he valued his player. It's not 100% on Sather, the Player and Agent are involved too. And for that matter so is the Coach who says I want that guy (Redden) over that guy (Streit) because as we all know by know, Sather makes personnel moves based on what his coach wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Redden and Drury leaving this organization at the same time at the end of the year, would be the best thing to happen to this organization since 94.

I think I'll have to pray to the hockey gods every night for it.
Amen Brother!!!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I hope.

The reality.

This has been endlessly debated with all of Sather's poor signings. In reality the player and the agent will determine an amount that they're going to seek, then the agent and the GM discuss the amount, then the GM has to offer the amount. Yes Sather had to offer the contract but their needed to be a negotiation between the GM and the Agent and the Agent needed to know where the player wanted to be or where he valued his player. It's not 100% on Sather, the Player and Agent are involved too. And for that matter so is the Coach who says I want that guy (Redden) over that guy (Streit) because as we all know by know, Sather makes personnel moves based on what his coach wants.

Amen Brother!!!
This couldn't be more wrong. Have you ever met an agent? Of anything? They are the greediest sons of *****es in the universe. It is almost a con. They will do anything, ANYTHING to get the MOST money for their clients anywhere because it means MORE money for them. This is not on the agent or Redden at all. Imagine you're getting a review at your job and your boss says all these great things about you and throws you an obscure money figure--you're not going to say "Are you sure that's what I'm worth?"

Your gonna say "yeah that sounds good, thanks." Later on, bragging rights with friends and so forth you will bring up the fact maybe that you're nowhere near worth that amount and you can't imagine why it was offered (not debating your personal success: it may very well be of this worth), but you get the point.

This couldn't be more on Sather. It is all Sather. Plus, if the coach thing you bring up did have an effect (it likely did), Renney was the coach at the time. Therefore, it's no surprise he wanted Redden over Streit because Renney is an advocate for defensive play while Redden HAD possessed it in the past.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:13 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Is there anyway for Redden and the Rangers to void his contract without a buyout? I imagine Redden might prefer to walk away from his contract and sign with a team for under $2M. A lot of us seemed to agree that he was still playing NHL caliber hockey, just bottom 3 <<<<< $6.5M hockey. I'm sure there is a team out there that would like to have him at a much more reasonable price.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2705
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Is there anyway for Redden and the Rangers to void his contract without a buyout? I imagine Redden might prefer to walk away from his contract and sign with a team for under $2M. A lot of us seemed to agree that he was still playing NHL caliber hockey, just bottom 3 <<<<< $6.5M hockey. I'm sure there is a team out there that would like to have him at a much more reasonable price.
Would Redden even be allowed to sign a contract with another NHL team if he walks away? I thought since the Rangers own his rights, he can't sign with another NHL team.

02-21-2011, 11:41 PM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Sather having all that cap space is not a good thing IMO. It is a good thing if we want to lock up Richards, but I'm just scared that he'll over-pay someone with the remaining money.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. If Redden leaves and Drury retires Sather wont be able to control himself. I'm all for them going after Richards but its likely he will do something stupid with the rest of the money he has left.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote